July 29, 2014 | 1134 users online

Bath Treatments - LUSH - Big Blue Bath Bomb

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2008 9:22:00 PM More reviews by hellokittyfan1974

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked the scent of this bathbomb! It's a fresh and relaxing scent of lemon and lavender. This bomb turned my water a beautiful blue color and fizzed quickly & then shot out peices of real seaweed in my tub. The scent lingers on you skin for a few hours but not a lot of staying power. I think the next time I use this one I'll sock it cuz it was a bitch to clean the seaweed even with my tub strainer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2008 7:40:00 PM More reviews by pinkpixey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think this was my first lush product I have used and it is amazing!! I love how it is natural and handmade. It turns the water a cool shade of blue and leaves your skin soft. My favorite part about it is the smell which makes the bathroom and the rooms around it smell nice, but is not an overpowering.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2008 3:58:00 PM More reviews by lindsey835

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I didn't pick up an "ocean" scent from this bomb. If anything, the lavender scent was overpowering and the lemon smelled more like cleaning products. I was also unprepared for the seaweed explosion, which I found more gross than relaxing. Sock this one if you must purchase, but I would not recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2008 12:28:00 AM More reviews by emilykollaja

I deffinitly have purchased my fair share of bath bombs. And to be honest this was one of the most dissapointing of them all. like all bath bombs the packaging, is a cellophane bag and thats about it. I paid about 6 dollars for the bomb which is always a little dissapointing when it doesnt meet the consumers expectations. I did enjoy the lovely color that this bomb created, which was a nice teal or sea blue color, and the scent wasn't very strong, but thats something that i personally like. What weirded me out was the seaweed. When purchasing, one doesnt expect any floaters because they are deeper within the ball. I also never felt as though the sea weed had any cosmetic effect at all, they just looked like shriveled little worms.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2008 10:42:00 PM More reviews by drivenbyyourmom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was really disappointed in this bath bomb. First of all, the seaweed is repulsive. I was NOT prepared for that. The color is pretty and I actually was able to imagine that I was floating around in the ocean near some tropical island. I did NOT care for the scent at all, but I know that some people love it. Scent is really just a personal preference and this scent is not for me. Also, the sea salt was excessive...I think 80-90% of the bath bomb is actually just salt. Lastly, when I got out of the bath, I was itchy because it was not moisturizing. Overall, this was a dud for me. I will not purchase again. I might give it another try if I come by it for free or in a set.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2007 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Poppylovee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This bath bomb is so neat. It's a gorgeous, fascinating blue color (turns your water the same color). It smells really good (fresh and natural, not at all perfumey or overpowering- it's Lush, after all). It leaves your skin so soft and satiny, too. My favorite part is the seaweed. I think the nourishing soo-good-for-your-skin bits of seaweed that float around, and sink to the bottom, or your bath water are so amusing and cool. I love this bath bomb.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2007 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Michelle56

This is the first product I've bought from Lush. The sales girl closed the celophane bag with a ribbon which I thought was simple but cute touch. Other than that no real packaging.

I wasn't sure what to expect and the initial FIZZ when the bath bomb hit the water shocked me a little bit. The water turned a beautiful ocean blue/green. I LOVED IT! It was like being at the beach minus the sand & salt. The bath bomb had seaweed in it which looked a lot like worms flying out as it hit the water & disolved. That was a bit gross. I wish the sales girl had warned me. They took a while to soften in the water. Clean up of the tub was awful because of the seaweed. Otherwise, I liked the bathbomb and will buy it again!

Cost was $5 for one bomb. And the whole thing is used in one bath which for me is a little bit much.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2007 11:48:00 PM More reviews by kayteea

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My mom just used this tonight after I forced her to go to the new lush store with me:) She's been under a lot of stress recently with her job, caring for my grandmother..lots of things. First off, IT SMELLS AMAZING! The whole house smells so fresh:D She said it honestly was relaxing (which is amazing to hear from her since she constantly is a stressed out mess!) and says she was so relaxed she could've fallen asleep int he tub..haha. She also said the salt dissolved quickly and the seaweed was a pleasure. I guess it wasn't too hard to clean or else I would've heard about it:p Good thing we got two of these bombs, because I'm using one tomorrow:)
EDIT;; I used a big blue and it was as good as I expected! The water was ssso pretty, the seaweed was a nice touch and it smelled fantastic. Love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2007 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Jennifer_Mc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

There was nothing about this bath experience that I'd care to repeat. The "seaweed" was completely bizarre. It is "freeze dried" black pieces that expand to tobacco-like lengths in the tub. I was completely grossed out by it. I tried to pick the pieces out of the tub but wasn't sure if I got all of it and was left with this creepy dirty feeling. The water turned blue but that was about it. The smell was not ocean-like to me at all. Actually, I kind of felt like I was bathing in a swamp. To think I paid money for that - ugh!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2007 5:30:00 PM More reviews by thirdstrokelucky

Looked up this product on MUA sometime last year, and someone recommended nylon stocking to wrap around Big Blue so that the seaweed wouldn't invade the tub. I went to a dollar store to look for some stocking and discovered something else--cheesecloth! It's basically like stocking, but it's made of cotton.

Getting back to the bath bomb, I was very disappointed again. (A lot of Lush products are not living up to their claims.) Thankfully the seaweed stayed inside the cheesecloth and the water in the tub became a bright blue, but I wasn't expecting it to smell of raw seaweed. The scent
was disgusting, much like Seanick shampoo. The lemon and lavender oils in Big Blue become irrelevant.

Also, I became bored in the tub. Bathing in water without bubbles is just not very fun. It's something I realized when I used Big Blue. It doesn't matter that Lush added seaweed, or that they add flowers and glitter in their other bath bombs. Those things pale in comparison to bubbles, and bubbles don't clog up the drain.