April 17, 2014 | 1676 users online

Bath Treatments - LUSH - Big Blue Bath Bomb

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2008 10:42:00 PM More reviews by drivenbyyourmom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was really disappointed in this bath bomb. First of all, the seaweed is repulsive. I was NOT prepared for that. The color is pretty and I actually was able to imagine that I was floating around in the ocean near some tropical island. I did NOT care for the scent at all, but I know that some people love it. Scent is really just a personal preference and this scent is not for me. Also, the sea salt was excessive...I think 80-90% of the bath bomb is actually just salt. Lastly, when I got out of the bath, I was itchy because it was not moisturizing. Overall, this was a dud for me. I will not purchase again. I might give it another try if I come by it for free or in a set.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2007 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Poppylovee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This bath bomb is so neat. It's a gorgeous, fascinating blue color (turns your water the same color). It smells really good (fresh and natural, not at all perfumey or overpowering- it's Lush, after all). It leaves your skin so soft and satiny, too. My favorite part is the seaweed. I think the nourishing soo-good-for-your-skin bits of seaweed that float around, and sink to the bottom, or your bath water are so amusing and cool. I love this bath bomb.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2007 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Michelle56

This is the first product I've bought from Lush. The sales girl closed the celophane bag with a ribbon which I thought was simple but cute touch. Other than that no real packaging.

I wasn't sure what to expect and the initial FIZZ when the bath bomb hit the water shocked me a little bit. The water turned a beautiful ocean blue/green. I LOVED IT! It was like being at the beach minus the sand & salt. The bath bomb had seaweed in it which looked a lot like worms flying out as it hit the water & disolved. That was a bit gross. I wish the sales girl had warned me. They took a while to soften in the water. Clean up of the tub was awful because of the seaweed. Otherwise, I liked the bathbomb and will buy it again!

Cost was $5 for one bomb. And the whole thing is used in one bath which for me is a little bit much.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2007 11:48:00 PM More reviews by kayteea

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My mom just used this tonight after I forced her to go to the new lush store with me:) She's been under a lot of stress recently with her job, caring for my grandmother..lots of things. First off, IT SMELLS AMAZING! The whole house smells so fresh:D She said it honestly was relaxing (which is amazing to hear from her since she constantly is a stressed out mess!) and says she was so relaxed she could've fallen asleep int he tub..haha. She also said the salt dissolved quickly and the seaweed was a pleasure. I guess it wasn't too hard to clean or else I would've heard about it:p Good thing we got two of these bombs, because I'm using one tomorrow:)
EDIT;; I used a big blue and it was as good as I expected! The water was ssso pretty, the seaweed was a nice touch and it smelled fantastic. Love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2007 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Jennifer_Mc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

There was nothing about this bath experience that I'd care to repeat. The "seaweed" was completely bizarre. It is "freeze dried" black pieces that expand to tobacco-like lengths in the tub. I was completely grossed out by it. I tried to pick the pieces out of the tub but wasn't sure if I got all of it and was left with this creepy dirty feeling. The water turned blue but that was about it. The smell was not ocean-like to me at all. Actually, I kind of felt like I was bathing in a swamp. To think I paid money for that - ugh!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2007 5:30:00 PM More reviews by thirdstrokelucky

Looked up this product on MUA sometime last year, and someone recommended nylon stocking to wrap around Big Blue so that the seaweed wouldn't invade the tub. I went to a dollar store to look for some stocking and discovered something else--cheesecloth! It's basically like stocking, but it's made of cotton.

Getting back to the bath bomb, I was very disappointed again. (A lot of Lush products are not living up to their claims.) Thankfully the seaweed stayed inside the cheesecloth and the water in the tub became a bright blue, but I wasn't expecting it to smell of raw seaweed. The scent
was disgusting, much like Seanick shampoo. The lemon and lavender oils in Big Blue become irrelevant.

Also, I became bored in the tub. Bathing in water without bubbles is just not very fun. It's something I realized when I used Big Blue. It doesn't matter that Lush added seaweed, or that they add flowers and glitter in their other bath bombs. Those things pale in comparison to bubbles, and bubbles don't clog up the drain.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2007 12:02:00 AM More reviews by uofmdem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A LUSH store just opened up near me and my wonderful boyfriend was sweet enough to go in and buy me some of these bath bombs I'd been hearing so much about. He really liked the way this one smelled, fresh and breezy, without smelling like fabric softener, just cool and lovely. I got in the nice warm bath water and he held the bath bomb up like some precious aquatic jewel and dropped it in the water with me.

Fast-forward 30 seconds to a conversation that went something like this...

Me: "Oh my god! What are those black things? Oh my god, they look like tarantula legs!"

Him: "What is that? Weird!"

Me: "Make it stop-oh my god that's freaky-what *is* this s###?"

Him: "I think it's seaweed..."

At that point, I made him help me scoop out all the creepy seaweed crap floating around in my tub. However, after that, it was lovely and moisturizing and yummy. I'd buy this again, but had to take off two lippies for the nasty seaweed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2007 2:31:00 PM More reviews by blondeambitioned

LUSH products are hit-and-miss with me, and this was most definitely a "miss". The blue color of my water was the only nice part of this bath experience. There was some kind of "ocean-y" scent to this, but it quickly disappeared, and when the bomb dissolved I was left with a tub filled with blue water and icky seaweed. To be honest, all of that nasty black seaweed floating around gave me the creeps. The bath bomb also left some weird film on the inside of my tub. The only reason I gave this 3 lippies instead of 2 was that the fragrace wasn't as offensive as the majority of the LUSH bath bombs I've tried. Can't say I was impressed with this enough to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2006 7:47:00 PM More reviews by tammya

Fabulous Bath Bomb. Love the scent, its so soothing and the water was just beautiful. Its so wonderful I cant even give it a minus for the seaweed it left in my tub..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2006 7:34:00 PM More reviews by edenssixthday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is quite possibly my Favorite LUSH Product of All Time. Or at least one of them. :)

Big Blue is amazing. The scent reminds me of ocean spray -- it's clean, fresh, breezy, and full of light and it's just sooo peaceful and relaxing and rejuvenating. This ballistic turns my bath the most amazingly gorgeous color of turquoise, which only adds to the overall experience. When I use this ballistic, it makes the water (and ultimately my skin) so silky soft that I feel like I could lay in the tub for hours and hours. I don't ever want to finish a Big Blue bath experience.

My first experience with Big Blue, I was completely unaware of the massive pile of seaweed that is packed into this ballistic, and in the end, I felt like I was bathing in "Seaweed Salad." Now, I put the ballistic in a stocking or muslin bag first, which gives me all the benefits of the ballistic, but controls the seaweed, so I don't have seaweed stuck to my body or clogging my drain.

I wish I could afford to take a Big Blue bath every single night for the rest of my life. I would probably forsake all other bath bombs for this one. But at nearly $6 a pop, I can't justify even one a week. Still, it's my favorite LUSH bath product and after writing this review, I think I'm going to have to go jump in the tub with a Big Blue. :)
continued >>