Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is the second year I have used this in summer. My skin goes very oily in the sun and needed something to stop the shine. I bought this thinking it wouldn't do the trick but it's does! And for the price you cannot go wrong. I use 001 and brush it over my T zone to stop that awful shine. Great value and does the job!

on 12/31/2014 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Made my face itch and gave me spots. I think i am allergic to this.. i had to toss it.

on 12/31/2014 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I read so many great reviews for this product. I was really excited to try it because it was only $6 at CVS.
This powder definitely fell short for me. I use MAC face and body liquid foundation (n2) and until today I was using a L'oreal true match super blendable concealer crayon,(the name is so long, I'm sure I didn't get it right) Which I had stopped using because it's a terrible product. This powder was so incredibly thick and cakey on my skin and it brought out patches of red flaky dermatitis on my cheeks, forehead and under my eyes. Broke me out with painful red cystic acne(which I don't ever get, mind you).
It was awful. Please, if you love your skin, don't ever buy this powder, there are much, MUCH better powders out there.

on 12/29/2014 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is, hands down, the best makeup product I've ever purchased. I've had bad experiences with products that are really greasy and oily on my skin, but when I use this powder, the gross shine from the other products disappears. My skin doesn't get very oily naturally, but this powder really helps to control shine from humidity and other makeup products. I like to use this as a setting powder, and if I accidentally put on too much blush, I go over it with this powder and it helps to tone down the colour and make it look more natural. And it lasts such a long time; I bought this powder about a year ago and I still have at least half of it left. I've had no issues with the packaging either. I've never tried any other powders and I don't have to; I love this stuff and will gladly repurchase whenever I run out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my favorite pressed powder. It's very light, doesn't cake or break me out, and lasts all day. It's also extremely cheap. I like the translucent shade. Works well with both puff and brush, though I prefer the latter (with this and in general). My only complaint about this product is the packaging, which isn't very travel or makeup bag friendly. A compact would be better. Still, it's far from a deal breaker, especially since I rarely touch up my face makeup during the day. All in all, a great product at a price that's hard to beat.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've used this before in the past and liked it well enough. But, now that I'm a little more...knowledged? in makeup, I'm kind of 'eh' but also kinda 'woo!'

I HATE the packaging. Yes, it's slim and minimalistic but I can't count the number of times in the past that I've broken the clear lid. Even just being in my makeup bag.

However, I LOVE that the colour matches me quite well. I just picked up Translucent 001 and it's a great, medium coverage, yellow based powder. However, it does look cakey if too much is applied. The colour selection for anyone who has a deep skin tone or something hard to match...well, you're better off looking else where I think. There are only 3 shades at my local rite aid, I think. Not sure if they carry more!

The price is great for the product if you know how to use it well. It's great for blotting, too, if you use an oil blotting paper first and apply powder second. It's also good for setting liquid foundation if you're so inclined.

I'll probably pick it up in the future as long as it stays the same.

on 12/27/2014 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this product because I've seen so many people raving about it on youtube. For me this is a really average powder. I think maybe because I was using MAC's Blot Powder before this and it was much better at making my skin truly matte and also it made my pores appear smaller. I was looking for a less expensive version of a matteifying powder and so I tried this. I don't care for the packaging because the lid can just essentially fall off and also I bought it in "translucent" but it still deposits color, which I would prefer it didn't. I'll be continuing my search after this is done and I will not repurchase but it will have to do for now.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

read reviews. Went for it. Coupon and sale. $2.00. First shade way too light. Sandstorm. Returned. Bought darkest could find 18 Creamy Beige. I am a NC30 in Mac. Italian/olive. Could use a shade darker but works very well. Blends easy, lasts 6 hours or so. Reapplying freshens up face mid-day. Prise is a steal. Have you tired and like Mac which may only be slightly better in my opinion and a heck of a lot more money! Will buy again. In the summer though it might be too late and I believe this is the darkest shade it comes in.

on 12/18/2014 1:39:00 PM

This is one of the best shine control powders out there. Bar none. It does a solid job of keeping shine at bay for a good four hours on my oily skin (trust me, this is a miracle considering how oily my face gets). Unlike other shine control powders, this applies even, smooth and rather light. It does not cake or appear patchy as the day wears on. My only gripe is the packaging. It is bare bones simple with only a sponge and a plastic lid. There is no mirror which makes touch ups tricky at times. Also, the lid is kinda brittle and cumbersome to wield. Mine did not shatter but it did crack. Thankfully, the powder did not break. This powder is a Godsend. I cannot afford to run out of it. Seriously.

on 12/17/2014 9:23:00 AM

I heard so many people talking about this on YouTube so I tried it. First off, the packaging sucks. I can't keep it in my bag without the cover falling off and it smashed completely on the airplane. It only keeps me matte for about 3 hours. Do not recommend.