July 25, 2014 | 1789 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Miltonh81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only hand cream I use now just wish it wasn't so expensive!. I don't have very dry hands but I just find it such an indulgent treat and I adore the scent. It sinks in quickly even though it feels quite rich. I do have the tube winder key which helps to get every last bit out and stops the tube from cracking. Using this along with cuticle oil twice a day has given me hands and nails I can finally be happy with so it's worth the price tag to me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2012 9:52:00 AM More reviews by peachluck

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I started out liking this hand cream a lot but just find the smell too strong now. Its very thick and waxy but doesn't seem to sink into the skin to really moisturise. I am also annoyed at the metal tube which looks all crumpled and will be hard to push the last of the product out of with potential wastage.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 9:26:00 AM More reviews by ValentinaRUS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I gave this cream a lot of chances to work its magic because I love the thick consistency of it. But it never even absorbed properly. It feels like a wax film on my hands. And it doesn't provide long-term hydration. I had to reapply it frequently but my skin did not feel hydrated anyway. Disappointed

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 5:54:00 AM More reviews by delicatepost

This is one on my staples.. I love this hand cream, I use it on the go and pop the travel sized ones in my bag.. it really makes my hands and nails so healthy.. the only thing is probably the price which makes it a little hard to stock up!! I do love the shea butter though...

If I do find a cheaper dupe I will change to that but I do love this product, the smell is lovely and the consistency is a thick cream which I prefer on my hands.. especially for winter

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by msmille

The L'Occitane 20% shea butter hand cream is a lovely hand cream which has a very luxurious texture. My hands feel hydrated and soft after applying but i realise that the effect is only temporary. It does nothing to the dry patches if you don't apply it regularly ie; after every handwash.

My tube of 20% shea butter hand cream comes in the limited edition packaging which is a bonus :)

Will i repurchase this? Maybe, because it feels luxurious when applied however the effects are somewhat temporary. Also in where I live, the cream cost a lot. I guess I would have to think twice before repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2012 2:16:00 AM More reviews by shopaholic14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

There's a reason why this cream has become a cult product...and its simply coz it performs, it does what it claims to!

Its is a thick cream, very emoliant, easy to spread, easily absorbed and non greasy. And though it is very expensive, you just need a pea sized amount.

It has a very mild subtle fragrance but I prefer the lavender fragrance of the foot cream. I'm on my fourth tube and I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by nicole812

This is GREAT! super moisturising and non greasy.. thou it is expensive i think its worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by evyyhl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I work in the hospital and this hand cream is NOT moisturizing enough for my hands. I use alcohol foam (62% alcohol content) more than 80 times per day in the hospital and the high alcohol content destroys my hand. I use L'Occitane hand cream after I use the alcohol foam or wash my hands. It makes my hands feel soft for an hour then my hands begin to dry out again.

Texture: Very creamy and thick. It's NOT greasy or oily but it leaves a waxy film on my hands. This is probably due the the chemical emulsifiers that are present in this hand cream. It is NOT the most natural hand cream you can buy on the market and I care about the ingredients in the skin care I use. It contains lots of questionable chemical ingredients and paraben that I can't even pronounce.

Smell: It's NOT overpowering but it does smell like some sort of synthetic fragrance added to the baby lotion. In fact, many people said that they smell baby diaper cream after I put on this hand cream in the hospital. So I think this hand cream smells pleasant but it smells like baby lotion or diaper cream.

Price: It's $26 (U.S. dollar) for a large 5 OZ. tube ($5.2 per OZ.) or $10 for an 1 OZ. tube. It's pricey but NOT as expansive as the department store brands like Clarins or Jurlique. However, I believe I can find cheaper and better hand creams at health food stores.

Package: I hate the packaging. It's in a soft metal tube that looks like an acrylic paint tube. It's hard to squeeze out the cream. I don't think the soft metal tube is recyclable.

Overall I think this is a great hand cream for daily use but it's NOT suitable for me since I work in the hospital. I prefer fragrance free hand cream with natural moisturizing oils. This hand cream is just not moisturizing for my hands especially I use alcohol foam very frequently at my job. I'm going to search for an organic hand cream in the health food or organic food stores that will work better for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by ValleyGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best hand cream/lotion I've ever used. I try others in protest of the cost, but it really can't be beat.

My only quibble/annoyance is that the consistency is different between the big tube and the little one ouncer. The little tube is a bit more lotion like; the big tube is creamier. Maybe on purpose for quicker absorption when you're on the go? Regardless, I'd love if the consistency of the little tube was available in a bigger size!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by dizzielittlerascal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite hand cream by far. I love that its so thick, but absorbs so easily. I love the smell of it, not too overpowering, not too subtle either (kind of powdery). I love the fact it really hydrates my skin, and lasts a long time on my skin too. I love the fact it doesn't make my hands itch afterwards. And I love the packaging.

I just wish it wasn't so pricey!