L'Occitane 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream

4.1

Aqua/Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract, Mel Extract/Honey Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Fruit Extract, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Sterols, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum, Parfum/Fragrance, Polyacrylamide, PEG-100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Ceteareth-33, Alcohol Denat, Laureth-7, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Coumarin, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Gerional

on 3/14/2013 3:57:00 PM

I am a lotion junkie and this is one the best and a favorite of mine out of my lotion stash. It's very rich and moisturizing without being greasy. Product absorbs quickly leaving hand soft and supple. I took off one lippie for how darn expensive it is! Over $30 with tax! I try to stock up during Sephora's FnF sale and I get the VIB points! A full size tube will last your through winter but I also have travel sizes in all my bags. I adore this hand cream! wish it was a bit more economical though....

on 3/14/2013 8:28:00 AM

I consider L´Occitane an expensive brand for what it offers, but this handcream is worth paying for. It is ligth, very moisturing and with a lovely perfum. It is a must have if you have dry to normal hands.

on 3/11/2013 12:30:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i got the 30ml for $12 not sure if thats a good price but for a loccitane product, thats not bad i guess? not sure coz its my first hand cream
so what i love about this is that it keeps my hands moist and it has a really subtle sweet smell (im not good with describing smells).
i guess i would repurchase this :)

on 3/7/2013 8:20:00 PM

I love this hand cream. I keep a tube in my bedside table and one in my bathroom. I love that it moisturizes well, smells clean and light, and doesn't cause my hands to feel coated and greasy. The metal tube is a bit of a hassle, but I use the "key" that L'Occitane sells to keep the tube rolled down as I use it up. I can't believe that this costs $28 a tube - it's definitely overpriced - but I love it so much that I keep repurchasing.

on 3/3/2013 9:09:00 PM

Best hand cream ever. Love the fragrance and texture. It's lightweight and absorbs quickly. I'm on my third small tube and just bought a giant one for my mom. She loves it too.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really wanted to like this hand cream. So many rave reviews, but one big problem I have with it is the scent. I really, really hate it. It almost reminds me of the original Nivea cream or Dove. I could not stand the smell of either of those.

It's moisturizing properties are ok. I would rather get the tin of the 100% Shea Butter and use that instead and not have that scent to deal with.

I will not be buying it again.

on 2/26/2013 7:26:00 PM

Absolute favourite cream! Have been using this product for years. I generally tend to use it as a hand cream only, however I have found that my skin is much more dry this winter than it has been in previous years (I blame the dry-ness of my new apartment) and I now use this product on all body parts. My elbows were really dry, and after one application they were fully moisturized, and have been ever since. I have used the Shea Butter on a few occasions on my face (to small, very dry areas) it did fix the problem, but left that area of my face feeling very greasy - so wouldn't recommend application there. But for everywhere else - this product is the BEST!

on 2/18/2013 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

Some nice MUAers recommended this cream to my post request about a good hard working hand cream for my 40th birthday: among all my 40 years resolutions I put to take care of my hands at last, because I've been neglecting them all through my youth and it starts to show.
Well I'm glad I had this rec: the cream is really nourishing and moisturizing, it leaves a lovely fragrance (not too strong), and my hands really show some difference.
Also, the product is a bit expensive, but the tube lasts a long time.
I highly recommend this cream.
A

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I second what Doreese said on 2/11/13...This hand cream is amaze-balls for those who have eczema and also for those who despise the feeling of greasy digits. It smells fresh and clean (a little bit Soap-y and Baby powder-y). The tube is great because you can squeeze every last bit out of it, plus it packs well (plastic bottles with pumps + gym bags = Don't). Additionally, you can feel good knowing that the Shea Butter collection is ethically-derived and sustainable from women in Africa. It's moderately priced for lotion (about $28 bucks for a large tube). Give it a try!

on 2/11/2013 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

So I am not really a lotion or handcream person. I hate the feeling of lotion goop on my hands. Which probably I'm sure played some part into me getting eczema years ago. Ever since then I would have really bad dry rashes on the top of my hands to the point where it would be like little cuts because it was so dry. I started using this hand cream and I don't even have eczema anymore but I still use it because I love the stuff! Feels amazing and my hands are now SO soft- plus I love the smell. It is a def a bit pricey but it's really worth it.

I would say this is the best hand cream out there.