December 19, 2014 | 837 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by JLeroux

The best hand cream I've found so far. I typically use Aveeno, which is great but doesn't moisturize nearly as well as L'Occitane's Shea Butter Hand Cream (although Aveeno is also 1/4 of the price).

I rock climb, which completely rips-up the skin of my hands and creates a lot of calluses. Although I haven't found anything that meaningfully fixes what climbing does to hands, this product has done the best job so far. It is very moisturizing and feels rich, but absorbs quickly and doesn't feel greasy. This cream does have a very mild scent, which I can't figure out what to compare to (in my opinion, the scent isn't bad or good).

The biggest complaint I have with this product is the price. For those willing to pay, it's a great lotion. I'll probably reserve this cream for days my hand feel especially bad, as I think it's too expensive to use regularly. Another small complaint is the cap, which is really small and slippery. I'm not usually picky about packaging unless it isn't functional, and the cap for this cream doesn't function well. I feel like it may slip out of my hands and get lost one day.

Overall: Expensive but great hand lotion.
Alternatives: My experience with hand lotions is limited. Aveeno works OK and is much more reasonably priced.
Value: Not great. Personally, I think $28 is a lot to pay for hand cream. I'll probably buy this occasionally, for especially dry hand days. I got this on sale for $5 for the travel size at L'Occitane.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by colorfulstrawberry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have extremely dry hands in the winter, this is like the only thing that actually works. Its crazy expensive, so I only use it for the night. It does last a while tho. The metal packaging is really bad, because since its such an expensive product, I'd like to use every drop, but the packaging leaves a lot of product on the sides, so its a waste. Then again, since the product itself works so well, i recommend it. I'm on my 8th tube of this stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

Awful heinous packaging, not to mention dangerous, too.
Overpriced and greasy. These don't hold a candle to crabtree and evelyn's hand creams , which are cheaper!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by VeryAroma

This handcream smells divine! I lovelove the scent which is why I am extra disappointed with the performance. At first, my hands feel nice, not greasy and quite soft. But it doesn't last at all. It's not protective in the slightest. My hands get dry again very quickly and I have to keep re-applying way too often. Because I need a rather generous amount, one tube will not last long.

I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by shannon804

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This hand cream absorbs quickly into my skin and doesn't leave behind a greasy feel. Its scent is light and pleasant and it lasts through one or two hand washes. I like that it comes in a squeezable tube (a lot like a toothpaste tube), but the small, oddly shaped cap sometimes comes off in my purse. If I could afford to spend $10 per ounce on hand cream, I'd buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Paigeluvs35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this cream. It's pretty expensive but tube is 150 grams so it lasts a long time. Product quickly absorbed, no greasy feeling afterward. Hands are softer. Smells great. This is my 3rd tube I've gone through

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by oheyash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a good sample of this in my Birchbox and fell in love immediately after the first use. I'm not a big lotion person just because I feel like I never have time to put it on and I have an overwhelming amount as it is, it would take forever for me to decide which one I'd like to use. This lotion goes on thick (which I like) and creamy and lasts until your next handwash. But even then it still subtly remains. I love the way my hands feel with it on: silky and soft. The price of it does make me wince but I'd say it's well worth it. A little goes a long way and when I think about other lotions, they're thinner and seem to require more frequent use throughout the day than this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by mild_breakout

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this hand cream for the winter months. It lasts through several hand washes, and I probably apply this several times a day in the winter. It applies thick, but with my dry hands, it absorbs after a short while. It feels like a protective layer during the winter months. I don't particularly mind the scent either, pleasant and soothing. It's also a great night hand cream, just put on a pair of gloves after applying it in bed.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2012 1:19:00 AM More reviews by rachelng730

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

best hand cream ever. I reckon to use this product during autumn and winter, also in office with air-con on all the time.
But it would be too rich to use it during summer. I'll prefer some light cream for summer.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by laurelwatanabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I was expecting a hand cream that was better than average because of the price and the hype I'd heard but it left my hands very waxy, it sat on top of my skin, my hands feel drier after using it, I'm assuming because before I go to sleep I use the Bath and Body Works True Blue Body Balm 100% shea so skipping a few night and using L'Occitane my hands didn't get the moisture they are used too. I wouldn't recommend wasting your money on this overpriced super waxy hand cream,

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No