E.L.F. Shimmering Facial Whip

3.1

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua (Water), Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Glycerin, Carbomer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Aroma), Diazolidinyl Urea May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Red No.33 Lake (CI 17200), Blue No.1 (CI 42090), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is definitely one of my favorite products by ELF. It's only a dollar so you can't expect anything high end quality, but you definitely get your money's worth and more. I'm probably going to buy every color of this product but so far I have citrus and pink lemonade which I use on my cheeks as or under blush. I use spotlight as a cheek highlight although I'm sure it could be used as a brow highlight for a dramatic eye look. I adore it as a cheek highlight and though I don't own high beam by benefit I think it does the same job.

on 4/17/2011 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got this in Lilac Petal (which is supposedly a very good dupe for benefit high beam). I use it to highlight the tops of my cheekbones and the bridge of my nose. This gives me a nice sheen without making me look greasy. It stays all day, too. For only a dollar, this is too good of a deal to pass up. It's such a great deal, and a really good product.

on 2/20/2011 9:14:00 PM

I bought this because I wanted a cheaper version of Benefit's High Beam. I got Lilac and I'm really happy with it. I only use this as a highlight and nothing else. The only thing I don't like is that it dries really quickly so if I mess up or something I can't blend it out. I will not but it again because I just rather have High Beam.

on 2/8/2011 11:50:00 PM

Some of the facial whips are really nice, the lilac one for sure is amazing. But the one in Spotlight is way to frosty for me. These are nice for a cream highlight, you just have to find the right color for you. Plus they're only $1.

on 2/8/2011 4:41:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

The bottom line with this product is the smell. It smells like old lady perfume and it smells A LOT. I had planned to use this as an eyeshadow but the chemical smell really scared me so I've never even tried this on. The formula seems to be fine though, mine doesn't seem to have the same blending problems that others have.

on 12/18/2010 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Instantly clowns you.

on 12/7/2010 8:09:00 PM

I got mine free too in the Carmela or something along those lines. It is a pretty color and looks good on. I'm really tempted to buy more in different colors. Yes the tube is pretty crappy and I noticed the separation. I have some leftover tubs from depotting some jumbo eye crayons so I just put it in there. It surprised me that the entire tube almost filled up my tub. I gave it a stir and now it's nicely mixed and works just fine. I highly recommend depotting this if you have some extra containers. These do also work well as a very cheap eyeshadow primer. I was surprised how long my shadows lasted, almost as long as my 15X more expensive TFSI.

I have since bought Permision, Lilac Petal and Spotlight. I found that mixing lilac petal and spotlight together makes a tint a lot like the Benetint highlighter. I don't find it too shimmery because I use it under my MAC Studio FX powder. continued >>

on 11/22/2010 3:13:00 PM

I got the E.L.F. shimmering facial whip for free when I referred three friends. I can't complain since its free, but I will. It allways has to be shaken up ALOT and its really soupy and does NOT blend well. I gave it to my mom and she loved it, so its now in a loving home :p

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've tried several uses of this product before writing this review. The first thing I have to say is that my skin is pretty fair, and this has pink pigmentation that shows up very noticeably. This means that even though it has a nice shimmer in it, it doesn't really work for me as a brow/inner eye corner highlighter, the colour creates a pinkish shade that feels very strong. On the other side, if I try putting the teeniest tiniest amount instead of a middle-sized drop the shimmer almost disappears. However, I find that this works really nice when applied on top of your regular blush, on the upper cheek, it intensifies the colour and adds a glamorous shimmer (which I only like to wear for nights out, though). Don't think I will repurchase, I will try some other creamy highlighter, but again for the price it wasn't a complete waste of money.

on 11/20/2010 3:48:00 AM

This is one of my greatest regret buying. I got two of them (one in spotlight and one in golden peach) and the spotlight has "explosed." The packaging was too bad that the tip broke off suddenly. (I wish it broke off before I received it so that I could get a refund or sth...)
The formula of the spotlight is better than that of golden peach. (but anyway, I've throw the spotlight already b/c it's too messy)
The golden peach one is way too watery that even after shaking I don't get much pigment out. The fluid is not thick enough and runs down my face when I put it on.
For the coloring, they seemed to be glittery. Spotlight makes my face look oily as a highlighter and it settles in my fine lines. Golden Peach is too orangy as a blush but too light and unnatural as a bronzer. For its fluidity, I won't put it on my eyelid as a base or stand-alone eye color. What a completely useless thing for me...
If you really want to try the color, I would suggest the stick form b/c at least it won't leak and mess up your purse. I really don't reccommend to carry it around and of course, I DON'T RECCOMMEND BUYING THIS