MAC Blot Powder

4.2

Dimethicone, Silica, Kaolin, Water, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Methicone, Coconut Acid, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxid lllol

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HG big time! This is a must for me in the summer.
In the winter I have dry skin but in the summer it turns into combo.
This works like magic on my forehead, nose and chin.
Never broke out my super sensitive skin.
A must!

on 6/18/2013 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I used this last summer and I loved it. My skin is normal-combination and never really gets too oily, except this summer for some reason (perhaps because of my Clarins face sunscreen) my t-zone has gotten really shiny throughout the day! I first purchased Rimmel's Stay Matte blotting powder, but that stuff totally sucks...Yes it's only $4 CND, but it made my skin oilier than it originally was. I re-purchased this Mac blotting powder in Light for my NC15 skin, and I fell in love all over again. I add this as my finishing touch for my makeup, it sets my Clinique CC cream, my Mac cream blush, and my concealer. I don't really have to touch up throughout the day, but sometimes I do on my nose a little bit. It works wonders, a little tiny bit goes a long way and it's not too powdery or cakey at all, it doesn't mattify your makeup intensely, it still allows a healthy shine to show through. I like my makeup to look natural while keeping the shine at bay, this stuff totally delivers, and for $29 CND, you get a lot of product and a damn good product at that. I definitely recommend this over any other blotting powders. The compact is adorable too :p

on 6/11/2013 1:28:00 AM

the powder's alright. I live in humid + hot singapore and I went out for lunch with this on top of skII foundation. after 1hour, the t zone showed shine but not to the extent that your make up starts to slide. lasting power is good enough for me. coverage is 0 but matte power will be full marks if u apply it on the right foundation, minus the type of humidity here!

on 6/6/2013 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this powder. I have very

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Adore this, I will never look back! I chose it in Medium, although I am fair with rosy cheeks, this suits my skin tone perfectly. I have oily, sensitive skin. I use it over my foundation in the morning for a flawless finish and my face is still matt hours later. I have no complaints at all.
UPDATE!
My face is covered in spots! Hard lumps under the skin, all over, but really really bad on my oily areas! Avoid at all costs if you like clear skin! I'd rather shine than be covered in acne! This is the only change I made to my makeup recently so it is defo the MAC!

on 5/18/2013 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is a pretty good powder if you're looking for something that's quite natural, that still gives a good coverage with pretty good staying power.
It's not my dream product by any stretch of the imagination, I feel that to get the level of coverage I'm happy with I need to layer it so that it becomes a bit chalky and it detracts from the dewiness (which is the look I'm desperately trying to achieve!!) but, compared to other powders, and other mac powders in particular, this is definitely the best.

The medium colour is good, especially considering I'm naturally quite pale and its definitely good value for money.

on 5/15/2013 1:31:00 AM

I have the oilest face ever. By the time I finish doing my eye make-up, my nose will have a little shine. This product is the answer to my oily face. Instead of having to blot every 1-2 hours, I can last up to 4-5 hours now. My foundation stays a lot longer too. Would definitely repurchase.

Very effective for oil control, however it can build up very easily and end up looking cakey. Overall, I love it. Just be careful of it building up!

on 5/11/2013 12:24:00 PM

Macs Blot Powder is a face powder designed to absorb excess oils without adding colour or cakey-ness. It's ingenious really. You can apply it at the beginning of the day as a preventative measure or apply it onto oily areas (eg. the T-zone: forehead, nose, chin) to get rid of the shine. MAC only had the loose powder version for a while, and I'm thrilled that they now have it in fuss-free pressed powder form. It comes with a mirror and a flat powder puff, which are handy for on-the-go.

I still remember that on the day I brought MAC blot powder, my intention was not that. I had gone to get the Transparent finishing powder that I can use to set my foundation. While having the conversation with the MUA, he told me how it might not look so great in photos and that it may lead to a whitish cast. So that is where the plans changed. I came home with the Blot powder.

Now, except during extreme summers when my skin tends to be slightly shiny in the forehead , I usually donít have extreme oiliness. The main intention of the blot powder was to set the foundation a keep the shine at bay. I found that the blot powder kept the face shine free for nearly 4 hours after which touch ups were needed. If I use the blot powder all over the face, I have noticed that it leads to a stretchy feel which is not very comfortable. But my sister who uses the same has never had any such issues. Please note that her skin type is oily and she loves it to bits. According to her it is the only powder that has managed to keep oiliness at bay this efficiently though she agrees on the touch up part.

Now my least favorite part... Even though the blot powder looks very natural in daylight, I find that it is not the case with Flash photographs. In flash photographs blot powder has a tendency to leave a whitish cast which isnít very flattering.

The packaging is a round black compact with a mirror that does work well for touch ups . A ribbed sponge is included which again does a good job. Overall it is sturdy and travel friendly. Even though it comes with the puff, I have never used it before as it feels a bit unhygienic and it absorbs too much powder. I've been using a large duo fiber stippling brush like the MAC 187 brush instead!

Overall, MAC Blot Powder is an excellent compact for those looking at shine control. It fares well even in extreme hot and humid climates (I have tested this while on a vacation in Mexico). If touchups are not a problem you need not think further, and pick this up right away!

on 5/10/2013 1:57:00 PM

I really love this powder, I suffer from quite an oily t-zone and this manages to keep me oil free for around 3 hours (which is a lot for me). What I particularly love about this powder is it doesn't change the finish of your foundation or give you that over powdered look which some blotting powders can do. It's about average price to a high end powder so won't break the bank and depending how sparingly you use it lasts around 3 months on average.

Recommended for Normal Skin