August 20, 2014 | 1018 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by bobadreamer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice mattifying powder, it's easy to pick up onto your brush, doesn't look cakey unless you overdo it and controls oil well. It doesn't look seamless or invisible on my skin, so if you want to truly look like you have nothing on, this probably isn't the powder for you. The compact doesn't have a separate compartment for a sponge, which is why I marked that down. All in all, a solid powder for oil control and setting foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by 77pink

This product is pretty good for controlling oily T-Zones. I have combination skin, and I use this for a quick touch-ups at the end of a long work day. A little goes a long way. I have fair skin, but still bought the med-dark colour, as I found the med was a little too light and made me look chalky.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by materialface

This powder is a great one for oily t-zoned people like me. It blots all the oil without caking my face. I sometimes even use this powder to set my foundation since there isn't much color. I always have this compact with me. I don't leave the house without it.

I purchased this in Medium Dark (although I am fair skinned, this color's fine. the powder in Light looks grey for some reason) for $26 CAD 3 months ago. I have hit pan quite a bit and will have to repurchase soon.

My only negative about this is the applicator. I absolutely hate it. I prefer to use a kabuki or any other brush but when I'm out I have no choice.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 4:05:00 AM More reviews by adrianamelie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have an oily t-zone and when it shines it SHINES. I use my MAC Prolongwear foundation (which lasts forever by the way) and once I get shiny I dab this on my forehead, nose and chin. You can't see the powder and it actually makes my face look smoother. Shine is gone and it lasts for about 2-3 hours. This is the best touch up product when you go out for a long time. Love this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I so wanted to love this product but it didn't work for me, and my skin isn't very oily. Its effect lasts about 2 hours top, whereas the random loose powders I've used last much longer. My drugstore pressed powders also performed better.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by pkkatalina

I had been buying Maybelline Shine Free which has been ok for me. I was at the mall getting other MAC items, so decided to get the compact of Blot Powder in Medium (shade). I am NW20. I'm in my 50s, and have rather large pores. This does a good job of keeping down the shine for several hours and does a better job of concealing pores than the Maybelline did. I will have to check it out in daylight to see how it's looking tomorrow. For now, I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 2:19:00 AM More reviews by mpb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have combination skin so I love that I can repeatedly apply this powder without ever feeling like I'm adding anything or clogging pores.

Although it does come in different shades, this is not for coverage. It is aptly named "blot" powder as the whole point is to get rid of oil and shine.

I've bought it in both compact and loose powder form and are must haves in my makeup kit.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by ktemly

Wow! I used this for the first time today and I am very impressed!
I don't have super oily skin, however as the working day goes on, either side of my nose and chin can become quite oily which causes my makeup to slip off in those areas. Today when these areas began to become shiny I applied a small amount of my new blot powder (in medium plus) and shine was gone! To be honest I was waiting for it to get oily again within an hour or so, but a few hours later and oil and shine is still at bay!
I was originally super hesitant to buy this powder but now I'm so glad I did! Plus I found the price to be very affordable and i think the compact will last me a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Kirstyw89

Everyone has different skin and has different products which helps there skin so for my review my experience was great I have oily skin so I would powder my tone and wouldn't have to touch up again through the day I also use Laura mercier skin brightening powder so if you haven't tried that I would try it its 18.50 in self ridges and it sets the under eye great so between the two you can't call it for there good in there own ways

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by tiffalicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Blot Powder did a good job of setting my foundation to help it last longer without getting cakey or making me look like a ghost. I'm not super oily these days, more like normal to combination, but this helped control shine all day. I never found the need to touch up later in the day.

I used it for about a month, then I noticed more and more zits starting to pop up. I finally returned it to MAC when I realized the breakout wasn't getting any better and I had way more zits than I normally do. I know that this product was the culprit since I'm careful to only change one thing in my routine at a time.

Looking at the ingredients, it was probably the coconut acid. I figured this may turn out bad but I wanted to try it anyway. A Google search turned up an old formulation that didn't contain this ingredient, so who knows whether or not the old formulation was better for acne-prone skin. If you're afraid of breakouts, I would avoid this product unless you're willing to take the risk.