Clinique Superdefense SPF 25 Age Defense Moisturizer

3.8

PPD: 5, Active Ingredients: Octisalate 5.00%, Oxybenzone 5.00%, Avobenzone 3.00% Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Isopropyl PPG-2-Isodeceth-7,Carboxylate, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Polyester-8,Butylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Silica, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Coffea Robusta Seed Extract, Echinacea Pallida (Coneflower Extract), Rosemarinus Officianlis (Rosemary) Extract, Padina Pavonica (Thallis) Extract, Petrolatum, Sea Whip Extract, Jojoba Esters, Adenosine Phosphate, Disodium NADH, Rehalose, Creatine, Sodium RNA, Caffeine, Nordhydroguaiaretic Acid, Sodium DNA, Phytosphingosine, Linoleic Acid, Cholesterol, Ferulic Acid, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aminopropyl Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sucrose, Micrococcus Lysate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Cetearyl Glycoside, Laurdimonium Hydropropyl Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Dimethiconol, Lecithin, Algae Extract, Hexylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Proplene Glycol Dicaprate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Maltodextrin, C1-8 Alkyl Tetrahydroxycyclohexanoate,Caprylyl Glycol, Isohexadecane, Polyethylene, Ethylhexylglycerin, Zeolite, Behenyl Alcohol, Hydroxymethylcellulose, Polysorbate 80, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Coploymer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Tromethamine, Decarboxy Carnosine HCL, Xathan Gum, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Sulfate, Disodim EDTA, Phenoxyethanol [ILN34338]

on 12/6/2009 4:21:00 PM

I got this with a gwp and I love it! I really think it is perfect for me, I love that it has high SPF - which is what I need for my skin, it also moisturizes my skin perfectly and doesn't leave any weird residues or break outs. The only problem is the price, it's terrible and that is the only reason why I won't buy a full sized jar. Also I removed a lippie for that too, shame on clinique for over-pricing products!

on 12/5/2009 12:53:00 AM

I have been using this moisturizer every night for over a month and I think it has been very effective in hydrating my face. I am 54 and this product leaves my face feeling refreshed and soft - I can see a visable difference in my complexion. Recommend this.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this while traveling because my skin felt dried and irritated.
- The scent of this moisturizers is rather strong.
- After use, my combination skin feels oily.

on 11/6/2009 6:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I never use this as a sunscreen, it enhance the skin with sunblock.
I like this product bcoz it is antioxidant moisturizer.
after my 3 step, i will put this superdefense, and follow by my city block sheer.
so far, my skin has improved.
so, never use this as a sunblock, coz it is not a sunblock.

on 11/5/2009 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

Received this as a GWP. I decided to replace this with my current moisturizer, seeing that it was anti-aging and spf25. Hopeful. It was definitely not hydrating enough for me (dry combination). I had to layer another moisturizer on top. It did absorb into my skin quickly.
I hate products in tubs, having to dig my fingers in. I find it a bit unsanitary. Bleh.

on 10/21/2009 2:07:00 AM

I've been using the dry/combination version of this moisturizer for about 2 weeks, and I still haven't made up my mind about it. I like the fact that it's oil-free, fragrance-free, and doesn't contain titanium dioxide (which I'm allergic to). It's not too heavy and hasn't made me break out yet, but it does sting when you first put it on. I see that other users have experienced the stinging also. My favorite moisturizer with SPF used to be Prescripives All You Need SPF 15 for normal skin, but they changed the formulation recently, so I began looking for a replacement moisturizer with sunscreen and decided to try this one. If I can't find anything better, I will purchase this product again, but if the stinging continues, I will not buy again.

on 10/14/2009 5:17:00 PM

For years, I've been using Lancome on my fussy, fair skin. However, I read Paula Begoun, looked at my wallet, and decided that I needed to take a more 'scientific' approach to skincare.
First buy was this moisturiser. It has all the right ingredients, high SPF, and goes on OK as a base for makeup. No obvious scent -all so far, so good.
However, after using for 3-4 weeks, I notice my skintone has got much worse. My pores are more obvious, I have blackheads I never had before, and I have redness in my cheeks.
The only thing that has changed has been the 2 clinique moisturisers (I am using super rescue at night). I'm not impressed - I will finish the tub due to cost but won't repurchase this one. Disappointing.

on 10/7/2009 3:33:00 PM

gutted with this product as was desperate to try this as really wanted it it to be good due to the high spf in it ! Have combo skin with very oily t-zone so bought the normal to combo lotion. the cream is quite thick but after a few seconds blends in to skin and initially really liked product untill few days later when I broke out in nasty spot on my neck ?? chin nose and cheeks would not buy again !

on 10/4/2009 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Thank goodness for MUA. I was using a jar of this I got with a GWP just to get rid of it before I buy another tube of my regular facial sunscreen. But I noticed my skin seemed very red and just irritated after I used it a couple days, so I checked out the reviews here and my suspicions were confirmed. And now I find out that the sunscreen probably didn't even work! I chucked it in the garbage and will rely on my Alba sunscreen instead.

on 10/3/2009 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

REALLY love this one. works well on my skin. not oily at all. absorb very well.
at first, my skin feel kinda dry but i keep using it and within a month i feel great improvement on my skin! softer and looks really healthy. my favorite moist with SPF so far and def. repurchase this :)

Popular Moisturizers