November 27, 2014 | 927 users online

Powder - Maybelline - PureStay Powder Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 2:45:00 AM More reviews by lcourts

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Although I found a better product (see below) I keep coming back to this product as a cheaper alternative for running errands in the morning before I wash my face again n do my serious makeup for the day. The best drugstore foundation powderI have found. Great coverage no chalkiness and does not magnify pores or lines! I just hope they dont discontinue. Seems to b getting harder to fine. The color choices I consider pretty much rt on. Find this n u wont b disappointed. I am still curious about other brands. Im going to purchase Shiseido Powdery Foundation n Ill update what I think. Update...I sampled Shiseido and it is an excellent product but too yellow for me then I found Too Faced "Amazing Face Foundation Powder" in perfect nude. This is now #1 for me. It is $32.00 but cheaper than many HE brands and u get a decent amount of product. Excellent quality!!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by vampira428

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It was too cakey and the color looked too yellow for me. I tooked it back.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2011 6:16:00 PM More reviews by hbelle21

I needed to pick up a powder foundation unexpectedly, so I logged on to makeup alley at Walmart and saw this had pretty good reviews...I can safely say I abhor this product. The second it touched my skin it looked cakey and my skin looked disgusting. I wiped it all off, rather than look flakey, dry and peeled, I went bare faced and blotchy.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by jennspride

I love this powder foundation... For a powder product it covers very amazingly by itself and even when using a liquid foundation it helps blend it in and stops the oily look and feel. Very soft feeling and you can never apply to much even with touch ups.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2011 8:01:00 PM More reviews by SteffStarrr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first started using this, my skin was too oily for it and I absolutely hated it. Somehow, this year, my skin became more normal (Even though it's pretty oily still) and I absolutely love it. It evens out my skin perfectly without looking like I have too much makeup on and while it doesn't control oil a ton, it has a little oil control that really helps me. I'm about nC35 and I use shade 60 - Golden. I'm a little lighter than nc35 right now since it's the winter and this shade is a touch too dark, but it's not too obvious. I really love the texture of this because it's really smooth and not cakey at all for me. I heard this was being discontinued so I bought a few backups, although I've still seen it at all the stores around me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2011 5:47:00 PM More reviews by eheh

This is a good powder. BUT, limited colours, in Toronto, only came in 6 shades. Also, most places discontinued it already.
Not recommended for dry skin, it will flake like mad!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2011 11:01:00 AM More reviews by autumnus88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I hate this foundation. It looked soooo yellow on me and I could NOT find the appropriate shade for my skin! It looks cakey on me (no matter what: primer, no primer. moisturizing, no moisturizing. no matter what brush/sponge I use. Its just awful and a complete waste of my money! It can't even set liquid foundation! Ughhh.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 12:18:00 AM More reviews by purplehc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

BEST POWDER FOUNDATION EVER!!! I absolutely LOVE this powder, the coverage is incredible! It's just as good as the laura mercier powder foundation, and dare I say almost better. It was the only foundation that didn't completely wreck my skin and cause more breakouts when I was going through my acne medications and flare ups. You can apply it wet for even more coverage and a natural finish. I usually like to go over with a damp sponge after applying to blend it out, but with it you do get full coverage. You can get RIDICULOUS coverage if you use a liquid foundation underneath and then use the sponge to apply over it. I have no more acne scars when I do this!!!

It's so simple and easy to slap on in the morning before class! I was searching for my HG foundation, but I think this may be it!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by forgetdecemberr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I liked this product at first. Then I noticed that the lightest color (Ivory) would turn orange on my lighter-than-NC15 skin after a few hours. After about a week, I started getting horrible cystic acne along my jawline. Too bad, because it had pretty high coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by DBusta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Best drugstore foundation, hands down! Great coverage (even better than ColorStay), smooth texture, and long-lasting power. Although this IS a great product, I was disappointed with the poor shade selection. The lightest shade was a bit too dark and pink for my skin tone. They only have about five shades I believe. I hope in the future they will add more shades. The packaging was a bit odd in my opinion, but no biggie. Overall, a very good product. Works better than some of the department store brands!