The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Alcohol Denat., PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polysorbate 20, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, t-Butyl Alcohol, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Citral, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol.

on 7/22/2012 12:45:00 AM

I have recurring bouts of acne on my chin, and the Body Shop tea tree oil has done a better job than almost any product I know to curb the pimples. It doesn't make the pimples disappear magically (or better yet, not appear at all), but if I feel a big pimple coming and I dab this on, the swelling really goes down within the next 24 hours. Basically, it cuts short the life of the pimple, which is almost as much as I could ask for. (I've tried benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, and just about any other product you can think of, with no luck.) The one issue I have with it is the packaging -- the bottle makes the oil really hard to dispense. Even with the bottle completely full, I have to turn it around and shake it until a few drops appear, and then sometimes it ends up spilling out a lot more than I wanted. But that's a pretty minor complaint for such a good product. I purchased the tea tree oil in stick form, but I'm not sure if it's as strong. I'll come back to this for sure.

on 6/21/2012 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Up until my late 20's I had clear skin so when I started getting the occasional acne breakout, at 28, I didn't know how to treat it. I used this product for a stint last year, along with the foaming face wash and the skin clearing lotion, but I found them too strong and too stingy. If your face and your spots are redder than when you started - you've got a problem... My skin is normal/oily combination and it sapped the moisture out of it. I didn't find it helped with the acne breakout either, if anything it exacerbated it. I've found taking a more gentle approach works for me... My friend thinks Tea Tree oil is good stuff for spots but we have different skin types. Horses for courses...

on 6/19/2012 5:42:00 PM

I swear by this stuff. With dry, sensitive skin, there isn't much I could do to my acne without killing my skin or getting a rash. This stuff is heaven sent! When I feel a pimple coming, I put some on, and it's gone the next day. Also works really well on chest acne. It may seem expensive, but the tiny bottle lasts me probably 6 months. This is a SPOT TREATMENT. Not something you should spread across your whole face.

on 6/17/2012 5:11:00 PM

I know this product works for some people, so maybe it's just that tea tree does not work on my skin - this burns and irritates the skin around my spots but has no effect whatsoever on the actual spot. Needless to say, I will not repurchase.

on 6/16/2012 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This product is a must have if you are acne-prone! I use this oil as a spot treatment before bed and I wake up with my blemish dried out and significantly reduced in size and redness. Yes, the smell can take a little bit of getting used to ..and yes it is drying (as it should be), but this certainly does not outweigh the benefits of this product. I just wish it came in a bigger size.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is smaller and not as effective as the ones you can find on the vitamin aisle of your grocery store.... dont waste your time.

on 6/6/2012 7:25:00 PM

pros:
last for ages as only use a drop just over any zit and I noticed it really dries that faster.
total organic way of clearing zits

cons:
not for stubborn acne , stings a bit

on 5/23/2012 6:28:00 AM

I apply this product everytime I get a blemish and this product just zaps up my pimple or acne way before it even gets to become Big!

For more reviews on other items you can visit me at!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my review about what I think about tea tree products.

Well I'm a common buyer for Tea tree oil products, I buy the moisturizers, the cleansers and facial washes, the spot sticks, blended oils, foam washes etc. They are all very good products. I have recently bought the tea tree spot stick actually, I used it on a few spots today and I can already see a reaction too it, It has faded the redness of my spot and I can see it slowly reducing in scale. Sometimes this product can make your face feel a little bit dry, that's if you don't moisturize, I moisturized earlier, so using this product isn't really making my skin dry much now, That's a good thing.

When I apply the foam wash to my face it feels so ice cold but I can feel a reaction from it, as it's cleaning my skin and clearing pores. Once I wash this product off my face it feels so soft and moisturized It just feels so clean. I would recommend all tea tree products to anybody they are very good.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Unfortunately it didnt work at all for me. There is a slight tingly feeling after I applied it but aftert that not much happened so no I would not waste my money on it again.

Popular Treatments (Face)