April 16, 2014 | 1804 users online

Fragrances - Versace - Crystal Noir

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2009 12:26:00 AM More reviews by tiramisu101

This is such an intoxicating smell! It's one of the most alluring fragrances I've come across, if you enjoy warm sultry scents. It contains notes of gardenia, peony, orange blossom, amber, sandalwood and musk. It just envelopes me in this sweet yet woodsy haze. It smells like vanilla and coconut at some point, but only for a short while since I find that several notes emerge as the day progresses. Basically, very warm and oriental.

Highly recommended!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2009 7:23:00 AM More reviews by magicalmoongoddess

This is a very nice fragrance which smells predominantly of gardenia with a dry down of amber and sandalwood on me. It's quite a sensuous smelling fragrance with some real warmth to it. However the initial blast of this reminds me somewhat of fly spray.....not disgusting by any means, but not completely enjoyable either. The fly spray smell doens't linger for too long and then settles to a nice gardenia on warm amber and sandalwood. It has a bit of sweetness to it, but it's not at all sickly. I also find that the EDT is not particularly long lasting, which is a little surprising, as with these notes I would have expected it to last a little longer. In any case I have taken off 1 lippie for the fly spray smell and another 1 off for lack of staying power. Otherwise, quite a nice evening or cool weather fragrance in a rather nice bottle!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2009 5:39:00 PM More reviews by gypsyeyz

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am somewhat of a perfume junkie. I was in the store one day, and the waft of something luscious caught my attention. I followed, then stopped a lovely woman and asked her what was the gorgeous fragrance she was wearing...

Crystal Noir is one of the most intoxicating, exotic, sensual, warm and seductive fragrance I've ever worn. I've been stopped, sniffed and wowed at ever since the first spritz.

Thank you, Versace... you are missed by all.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2009 9:27:00 PM More reviews by essija

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely gorgeous scent. I like it alot, I can pick up the amber and to me it smells rich and full blown. I love the attitude this scent gives off. Reminds me of nothing I have smelled before, I must get a bottle soon

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2009 10:14:00 AM More reviews by CecileCecile

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the nicer sweet-fruity-coconut fragrances I have encountered, it's a very pleasant blend. I would have this maybe as a beachy scent. I would have to wait for it to go on sale though, I don't think Crystal Noir is worth the amount that retail stores are asking for it. I would gladly snatch up a bottle if I saw it on a clearance table though! Worth a try!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2009 5:00:00 AM More reviews by ParisFan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My sister owns this perfume, when I saw it on her dressing table this morning I decided to try it out. It's gorgeouS!!! I may just steal it from her..so lovely, so grown-up..and utterly delicious!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2008 5:42:00 AM More reviews by Cherub573

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well, I love the idea of this fragrance. I love coconut and white florals, and the intial spray is delicious to me. The problem is what happens after. The coconut and gardenia mostly disappear within 15 minutes, leaving me with just amber and sandalwood. Those two notes are nice if blended softly, but on me they are STRONG and I get a headache at this point (amber-y perfumes have been known to give me headaches before). I still gave this 4 lippies because I really wanted it to work on me, and I adore the way it smells at first.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2008 7:41:00 PM More reviews by MissingGirl

I have not bought this wonderful, sexy and yet mysteious fragrance yet, but finishing up the sample vial i got at sephora...anyhow..
It's soooo sexy, very warm but sweet on my skin. (i'm usually not crazy about florals unless they have a nice sweetness to them and go very well with my body chemistry!!)THIS WILL BE MY HG FRAGRANCE WHEN I BUY IT! This scent lingers on all day long on me, and so far ive gotten a few complimpliments wearing this fragrance, i will definatly be buying a bottle of this. <3 it.

EDIT: omg i just ordered a mini bottle of this on ebay for just $8.99, i wanna try it out afew more times first before i really make up my mind. i finished up my samples and i absolutly thought this fragrance can be my signiture because it lasts on my skin for sooooo long, i absolutly loooove this sensual, warm and comforting fragrance...LOVE THE NAME TOO! versace crystal noir, couldnt be more accurate and smells exactly like the name lol.and the bottle would look so beautiful on my vanity, so thats a plus.(but its the juice in it that counts!) and i <333's it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2008 3:22:00 PM More reviews by bethrice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was shopping with my mom at Ulta and tried it based on the name... thought about it for a while, ended up sniffing again at Perfumania and purchasing. I know its a little expensive otherwise, so I'm glad I got it there.

It lasts ages on me, and I love the mix of sweet/citrus with the darker notes of sandalwood. Like others, I smell a bit of coconut.

My only drawback (from giving it a 5) is that sometimes the citrus notes are a little TOO powerful for me. Overall, its wonderful, and my hubby likes it too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2008 6:59:00 AM More reviews by badkitty82

This is a dark, spicy, sexy perfume and I agree with one reviewer saying it goes well with sexy lingerie! The bottle is fantastic, so glamorous (a little bit heavy though) I bought the fragrance because someone told me it smelled like coconut and vanilla - it's not listed in the notes of the fragrance - but to me it does smell like coconut and vanilla, I also agree on the lemon note (even though it's not listed). Most oriental and woody scents can be heavy and too sweet, but this is not a problem with Crystal Noir. It's subtle but sexy. Love it!