July 31, 2014 | 2020 users online

Foundations - Za - Two-Way Foundation SPF20 PA++

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2007 10:16:00 PM More reviews by prettyseaeagle

Cheap and readily available in drugstores. One of the best drugstore foundations that I've tried. I use this in conjunction with the ZA concealer and I prefer using it wet as opposed to using it dry for the fuller coverage.

The powder is smooth and finely-milled, very impressive at a price like this. (Retailing at $20++ iirc at Watsons?) A non-fussy type of foundation - dampen the sponge, dab it on the foundation, apply it to face, good to go!

The sponge is one of the best I've used. Not easily torn, and aids the smooth application of the powder.

Thing is, this foundation is not good for picture-taking. I look like a ghost (with a horribly white face) when I had my picture taken at night with flash. It was quite embarrassing because the rest of my body looked tanner in comparison. IRL however, the shade matched perfectly to my skintone.

I am a MAC NC 25 and am wearing ZA #22 for reference.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2007 10:11:00 PM More reviews by deliazamir

an ok product for everyday wear. i'm not too crazy about the finish and feel - it looks masklike upon application with a very weird dark cast in certain lightings. BUT after a while it settles on skin and looks pretty good:-) coverage is light to medium. color selection is great too - i use 23 (MAC nc35). i would say it's a DS version of MAC studiofix. the staying power is really good as well - for the reviewer who complained about the powder lifting off the face during blotting, my bet is she did not prep her face with moisturizer or primer before. will probably repurchase. note: this stuff makes you look ghostlike in pictures with flash - the titanium dioxide ingredient comes up third in the list (so no wonder).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2007 3:08:00 AM More reviews by leejiajia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, I'm on my second one so it must be doing something right! I actually really like this, although I haven't tried many other 2-way foundations so have got nothing to compare it to.
I like the packaging, its sleek and portable. The coverage and colour of the product is great too, although I think I may have changed colour slightly (as its winter now), so its looking a little dark on me. I'm a #23, btw. But having said that, its nothing careful blending won't fix.
The one thing about this foundation is that you can very easily pack on way too much, which gives you a very fake, cakey look. It also works better for me after you cleanse and moisturise your face, I actually like to use a little tinted moisturiser and then just the Za on where I'm a bit shiney and blemished.
Overall this comes very close to being my HG product, but then again I'm easily satisfied. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2007 9:24:00 PM More reviews by dreamer246

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Before I knew much about makeup, I used up 2 compacts of this foundation just because my sister was using it. But thinking back, I really dislike this product now, the texture of the powder wasn't fine enough and it always feels and looks like I'm wearing a mask on my face. Horrid! Maybe it's because I have really oily skin, so the staying power wasn't great either. But hey, don't let me discourage you from trying this product, I know lots of people who swear by this foundation. Perhaps it's just not suited for my skin. All the best!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2007 3:35:00 AM More reviews by Queen_Saffy

My HG foundation! I have an oily T-zone and NOTHING can keep the shinies away... not the acclaimed Palgantong Loose Powder, not EM's Silk powder, but this stuff is brilliant. My face looks sooo much brighter after application, doesn't break me out (actually IMPROVES my perpetual whitehead problem) and really good at oil control even in humid weather. Very affordable and makes me look like I have near flawless skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2007 5:54:00 PM More reviews by CHEESEHOLIC

This is my first foundation. The price is pretty good. The powder is not really good but i think it's good for beginners. Somehow, i think i will buy it if i have extra $$$ ...heehhehe

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2007 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Waiting_tx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a really cheap and reasonably good quality substitution of Chanel Double Perfection. This foundation actually won the annual award Foundation of Consumers' Choice by one of the local magazines (I think it was Female?).
It is oil-controlling, gives good coverage and does not oxide to a darker shade. Although it does not stay on after 6 hours, it doesn't matter to take out a cute looking compact to freshen up.
Za always produces limited edition compact cases so that there is a great variety to choose from. It is also very easy to find a good deal coz it is always on SALE in Watson. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2007 10:15:00 AM More reviews by effloresce

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this product. I am onto my second compact already, and it is excellent. Gives pretty good coverage, doesn't oxidise on me at all, and is very affordably priced. I do get a little oily around the t-zone after about 8 hours though, i live in the tropics. Overall, excellent drugstore product!

EDIT (2/6/08): I no longer use this product. I found that it was disappearing on me very quickly, even when I applied one layer wet and another dry layer on top. I now use Everyday Minerals Semi-Matte foundation which lasts much longer on my normal-combination skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2007 10:40:00 PM More reviews by peppergirl

I picked this up while I was travelling around Asia. The packaging (a rectangular blue case w/ some sparklies) was cute and sleek so I thought I'd try it. I don't like compacts with printed on writing because it usually ends up looking ugly and banged up from being carried around in my purse - haven't had any problems with this one!

As for the actual product, it matches my skintone very well (I'm using it in shade #21) and I like that it can be used either wet or dry. The only thing is, it doesn't do that great of a job of "mattifying" - I find I have to blot constantly throughout the day. However, since it's been quite hard to find a decent color match, I stocked up and will continue to use this until I find something better.

Overall, decent product for the price, and very convenient little compact if you are looking for an inexpensive powder foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2007 6:58:00 AM More reviews by sixholyoranges

If you're looking for a cheap foundation that will make you look great for an hour or two, this foundation's ok. I bought the whitening version, which provides medium coverage and blends easily into the skin.

Unfortunately, beyond that, this is a huge disappointment. It looks terrible after 2 hours! I have oily skin and live in a humid climate, and this cakes, turns an orangey dark colour and comes off when I use a blotter. Touchups only increase the cakey look. Does nothing to control oil either.

What's worse is that it dries my skin. My face felt rougher and broke out slightly after using it twice. I much prefer Biotherm's Light! foundation.