April 20, 2014 | 1711 users online

Foundations - Za - Two-Way Foundation SPF20 PA++

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2007 3:08:00 AM More reviews by leejiajia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, I'm on my second one so it must be doing something right! I actually really like this, although I haven't tried many other 2-way foundations so have got nothing to compare it to.
I like the packaging, its sleek and portable. The coverage and colour of the product is great too, although I think I may have changed colour slightly (as its winter now), so its looking a little dark on me. I'm a #23, btw. But having said that, its nothing careful blending won't fix.
The one thing about this foundation is that you can very easily pack on way too much, which gives you a very fake, cakey look. It also works better for me after you cleanse and moisturise your face, I actually like to use a little tinted moisturiser and then just the Za on where I'm a bit shiney and blemished.
Overall this comes very close to being my HG product, but then again I'm easily satisfied. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2007 9:24:00 PM More reviews by dreamer246

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Before I knew much about makeup, I used up 2 compacts of this foundation just because my sister was using it. But thinking back, I really dislike this product now, the texture of the powder wasn't fine enough and it always feels and looks like I'm wearing a mask on my face. Horrid! Maybe it's because I have really oily skin, so the staying power wasn't great either. But hey, don't let me discourage you from trying this product, I know lots of people who swear by this foundation. Perhaps it's just not suited for my skin. All the best!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2007 3:35:00 AM More reviews by Queen_Saffy

My HG foundation! I have an oily T-zone and NOTHING can keep the shinies away... not the acclaimed Palgantong Loose Powder, not EM's Silk powder, but this stuff is brilliant. My face looks sooo much brighter after application, doesn't break me out (actually IMPROVES my perpetual whitehead problem) and really good at oil control even in humid weather. Very affordable and makes me look like I have near flawless skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2007 5:54:00 PM More reviews by CHEESEHOLIC

This is my first foundation. The price is pretty good. The powder is not really good but i think it's good for beginners. Somehow, i think i will buy it if i have extra $$$ ...heehhehe

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2007 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Waiting_tx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a really cheap and reasonably good quality substitution of Chanel Double Perfection. This foundation actually won the annual award Foundation of Consumers' Choice by one of the local magazines (I think it was Female?).
It is oil-controlling, gives good coverage and does not oxide to a darker shade. Although it does not stay on after 6 hours, it doesn't matter to take out a cute looking compact to freshen up.
Za always produces limited edition compact cases so that there is a great variety to choose from. It is also very easy to find a good deal coz it is always on SALE in Watson. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2007 10:15:00 AM More reviews by effloresce

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this product. I am onto my second compact already, and it is excellent. Gives pretty good coverage, doesn't oxidise on me at all, and is very affordably priced. I do get a little oily around the t-zone after about 8 hours though, i live in the tropics. Overall, excellent drugstore product!

EDIT (2/6/08): I no longer use this product. I found that it was disappearing on me very quickly, even when I applied one layer wet and another dry layer on top. I now use Everyday Minerals Semi-Matte foundation which lasts much longer on my normal-combination skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2007 10:40:00 PM More reviews by peppergirl

I picked this up while I was travelling around Asia. The packaging (a rectangular blue case w/ some sparklies) was cute and sleek so I thought I'd try it. I don't like compacts with printed on writing because it usually ends up looking ugly and banged up from being carried around in my purse - haven't had any problems with this one!

As for the actual product, it matches my skintone very well (I'm using it in shade #21) and I like that it can be used either wet or dry. The only thing is, it doesn't do that great of a job of "mattifying" - I find I have to blot constantly throughout the day. However, since it's been quite hard to find a decent color match, I stocked up and will continue to use this until I find something better.

Overall, decent product for the price, and very convenient little compact if you are looking for an inexpensive powder foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2007 6:58:00 AM More reviews by sixholyoranges

If you're looking for a cheap foundation that will make you look great for an hour or two, this foundation's ok. I bought the whitening version, which provides medium coverage and blends easily into the skin.

Unfortunately, beyond that, this is a huge disappointment. It looks terrible after 2 hours! I have oily skin and live in a humid climate, and this cakes, turns an orangey dark colour and comes off when I use a blotter. Touchups only increase the cakey look. Does nothing to control oil either.

What's worse is that it dries my skin. My face felt rougher and broke out slightly after using it twice. I much prefer Biotherm's Light! foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2007 1:02:00 AM More reviews by toxik

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

One of the most affordable, cheap and good foundation in the drugstores in my country. It covers my redness/acne moderately with a swipe of it.

Can totally see the BEFORE AND AFTER difference! However i find that it oxidises pretty fast on me and i look alottt darker after that (but then again i have oily skin so whatever i use oxidises fast) and i had to get a shade darker than my face because of the different skin tone in my neck and face.

I'm still looking around for better foundations, but its highly possible i may repurchase this again if there's a need.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2006 4:04:00 PM More reviews by bibiancheng

I am a pharm school student and I consider cosmetics and skincares as "drugs", since they are chemicals that use topically. So, when I purchase a drug, I would see if its goods are more than its bad.
(Is it costing a lot of money while it just improving slightly? Is it using a lot of your time applying it rather than giving you more time to have some natural sleep?)

I give Za 2-way foundation a 5 because of several reasons.
First, it's light and super hypo-allergic. It doesn't give me any breakout ever, even people with oily skin can use it. (BTW, I am an Asian with combination skin, and it's always sensitive to new products.)

Second, it saves my time, it absorbs oil, works as a sunscreen, and corrects my discoloration at the same time. (my face is tanner than my neck due to sun exposure.)

Third, it's really safe, because I don't have to put moisturizer, SPF lotions from all different brands, which would cause complications. The special affinity of powder makes it easy to be cleaned off, you won't have to purchase a strong makeup remover which leaves more chemicals onto your face.

Fourth, its price is unbeatable. Imagine $8-10 can already give you a better looking face insider and outside, can save you money from buying extra skincare products, can give you more time for yourself rather than shopping around, and keep you from buying this and refunding that, turning yourself into a testing animal. Za two-way foundation can give you the healthier look with less time and money.

But, there's few points that you have to beware when using this product. First, it's for summer and it's for matte look. Second, don't use the sponge that comes along, try to apply with circular motion with your fingers, so that the heat from your fingers will help the affinity. Also, use it right after you clean your face/ after you apply the toner, the moisture on your face will help to hold the powder. If you apply it when u have very dry face, it will usually come off very quickly. Moisturizer might help sometimes, but beware of complication btw the powder and the moisturizer, sometimes, the two might interact.