November 24, 2014 | 1903 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Kinda Sexy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This has never happened to me before. Not once, but twice I went into MAC, they recommended this lipstick. Twice I walked away. I actually got SandyB instead. I Then I decided I just couldn't live with the frost, returned it, and got Kinda Sexy instead. I never end up getting what the MAC ladies recommend for me! Ever!
The more I wear this lipstick the more I love it. Part of the reason I didn't want to buy it before was that I thought it was too dark and I don't like really dark lips. The other is I have NYX Frappacino and Revlon Mauve It Over, which are both extremely similar and way too dark. Swatched side by side, Mauve It Over is almost identical to Kinda Sexy, but the weird thing is they look different on the lips. Kinda Sexy is lighter and less brown. I tend to wear it with just a dot of lipgloss in the center of my lips to give it a little dimension. I'd say it's a warmer lipstick, but I wear really really warm lipsticks so this is more of a neutral one for me. I've worn it with everything. It gives me great color without being too bright and too dark. This is approaching HG for me. Between this and Shy Girl, I'm set. If you are a natural redhead, you have to try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Trishaaa0915

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick! I've been looking for a natural looking lip color that flatters my nc35 skin tone and this lipstick made my lips look so pretty! I will definitely purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2010 1:18:00 PM More reviews by luftballon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Shows up as a peachy nude on my pigmented lips (NC20). I love the color and it's very pigmented. I was afraid of the Matte formula since I tried a friend's Ruby Woo and it was awfully drying. As long as I wear a lip balm with this (which I always do for l/s) it doesn't dry out my lips and lasts for hours before it needs reapplying. I like how it looks matte, but for nighttime I layer a peach gloss over it, like Revlon's Life's A Peach. It's one of my favorite combinations.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2010 10:20:00 PM More reviews by amandalsl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like everything about this lipstick bar the formula; Its just too drying on my chapped lips. This color is extremely work-appropriate and can last the entire day if I'm careful when I eat. I don't find myself reaching for it that often because it takes me a lot of effort to make this product work - I have to slather on a lip balm, then apply this lipstick, and then some more balm/ lipgloss. Even so it still settles into the cracks on my lips. I just can't wear this on its own, and that's a pity because I really like the color. On someone who isn't as demanding as myself, this product will definitely work for you; it brightens the face with a subtle wash of color. (FYI: NC20-25)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by kardashian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

it's a kinda pricey product but it's very sexy on nc40 skin tone , i loveeee this lipstick , the matte effect is veryy good

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by JessArt85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the formulation of this lippie, and while I really wanted to like this color I just wouldn't say that it works well on a fair-skinned/cool-toned gal such as myself. The color when swatched and on my lips appear like a pinkie watermelon color with a slight tinge of orange to it. It is a very bright bold watermelon-orange color and I believe the orange just clashes with my blue undertones. This color almost works, but almost just doesn't cut it in my book. If you are neutral coloring leaning toward warm, this color is probably more suited for you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Fibergash6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great peachy-nude for darker complexions. I'm an nw30 and this was more brown than nude for me, but still a nice lipstick for everyday. Obviously need some balm or lipglass for the matte formula, but I also find that the mattes stay on the longest. I think this would make a great nude for medium-dark to dark complexions.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by xoCarmina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Update* This lipstick is very drying, and looks chalky.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2010 3:42:00 AM More reviews by tonifrancisca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is really a great colour by MAC. Very nice for my olive skin tone. However, because it is matte, I can only use it once in a day. Even under good moisturiser or balm, it still dries my lips. So on re-applying this product, the colour becomes flaky and doesnt give me an even tone. I'd prefer if it was creamy instead of matte.

I prob wont be buying this colour again as re-applying is not possible with this texture.

The colour is great none the less. Its just the texture that i'm not too fond of.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2010 9:39:00 AM More reviews by Kasia_S

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's a good Mac lipstick, quality wise and even colour wise, just not for me. I had to swap this away. I was hoping for sexy lips, but got more orange/brown lips. But for people with different colours this could be great, I actually tried it on my boyfriend just for fun and it looked great on him. Maybe I have too lightly pigmented lips or maybe I'm too pale or something or just too cool.