December 22, 2014 | 914 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Kinda Sexy

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I kinda love Kinda Sexy! It's my favorite lip color at the moment. I have pigmented lips and this is slightly brighter than my natural lip color, which is rosy-mauveish. My previous MLBB lip color was MAC Hug Me, but I realized it was leaning a bit brown on me so I started looking for a brighter MLBB shade. Kinda Sexy is a bit drying and accentuates dry lips due to the matte formula, so I wear lip balm underneath and top with NARS Chihuahua gloss on top. It's definitely less brown than Velvet Teddy and has some peach in it (but it's far from being salmon-y or orange). Compared to Brave, Brave is cooler and pinker.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2011 9:21:00 AM More reviews by Beauty0Marked

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm an NW15 with highly pigmented lips. I was hoping this would be a more 'nude' colour but it pulls quite orange on my lips and isn't particularly flattering. I can make this work by slicking a pink gloss over the top but it certainly isn't a nude shade for me. I have seen this look a beautiful nude lip colour on others, however, so if you have a similar colouring to me you may want to test it first. I am also not a huge fan of the MAC matte formula, though for some reason I seem to have accumulated a few. Nevertheless, it has excellent pigmentation and I can understand why this has good reviews - it's just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This has never happened to me before. Not once, but twice I went into MAC, they recommended this lipstick. Twice I walked away. I actually got SandyB instead. I Then I decided I just couldn't live with the frost, returned it, and got Kinda Sexy instead. I never end up getting what the MAC ladies recommend for me! Ever!
The more I wear this lipstick the more I love it. Part of the reason I didn't want to buy it before was that I thought it was too dark and I don't like really dark lips. The other is I have NYX Frappacino and Revlon Mauve It Over, which are both extremely similar and way too dark. Swatched side by side, Mauve It Over is almost identical to Kinda Sexy, but the weird thing is they look different on the lips. Kinda Sexy is lighter and less brown. I tend to wear it with just a dot of lipgloss in the center of my lips to give it a little dimension. I'd say it's a warmer lipstick, but I wear really really warm lipsticks so this is more of a neutral one for me. I've worn it with everything. It gives me great color without being too bright and too dark. This is approaching HG for me. Between this and Shy Girl, I'm set. If you are a natural redhead, you have to try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Trishaaa0915

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick! I've been looking for a natural looking lip color that flatters my nc35 skin tone and this lipstick made my lips look so pretty! I will definitely purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2010 1:18:00 PM More reviews by luftballon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Shows up as a peachy nude on my pigmented lips (NC20). I love the color and it's very pigmented. I was afraid of the Matte formula since I tried a friend's Ruby Woo and it was awfully drying. As long as I wear a lip balm with this (which I always do for l/s) it doesn't dry out my lips and lasts for hours before it needs reapplying. I like how it looks matte, but for nighttime I layer a peach gloss over it, like Revlon's Life's A Peach. It's one of my favorite combinations.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2010 10:20:00 PM More reviews by amandalsl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like everything about this lipstick bar the formula; Its just too drying on my chapped lips. This color is extremely work-appropriate and can last the entire day if I'm careful when I eat. I don't find myself reaching for it that often because it takes me a lot of effort to make this product work - I have to slather on a lip balm, then apply this lipstick, and then some more balm/ lipgloss. Even so it still settles into the cracks on my lips. I just can't wear this on its own, and that's a pity because I really like the color. On someone who isn't as demanding as myself, this product will definitely work for you; it brightens the face with a subtle wash of color. (FYI: NC20-25)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by kardashian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

it's a kinda pricey product but it's very sexy on nc40 skin tone , i loveeee this lipstick , the matte effect is veryy good

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by JessArt85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the formulation of this lippie, and while I really wanted to like this color I just wouldn't say that it works well on a fair-skinned/cool-toned gal such as myself. The color when swatched and on my lips appear like a pinkie watermelon color with a slight tinge of orange to it. It is a very bright bold watermelon-orange color and I believe the orange just clashes with my blue undertones. This color almost works, but almost just doesn't cut it in my book. If you are neutral coloring leaning toward warm, this color is probably more suited for you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Fibergash6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great peachy-nude for darker complexions. I'm an nw30 and this was more brown than nude for me, but still a nice lipstick for everyday. Obviously need some balm or lipglass for the matte formula, but I also find that the mattes stay on the longest. I think this would make a great nude for medium-dark to dark complexions.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by xoCarmina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Update* This lipstick is very drying, and looks chalky.