MAC Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

4.3

on 3/27/2011 3:11:00 AM

Expensive pink is a beautiful and unique colour and I love how the texture of this eyeshadow is silky smooth. I would never have picked this colour out myself but my friend recommended it and I'm so glad she did. It is very wearable and is not too bright which is great for people who want a pop of colour but not something too gaudy.

on 3/25/2011 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

This is a georgous color!!!
I got this e/s as an extra last time I went to a Mac store, mainly cause I heard so many girls raving about it. I didn't mean to purchase it in the first place but I'm so glad I did.
I would describe the color as a nice antique pink, with a nice touch of gold in it.
This e/s is so easy to use, the finish is a veluxe pearl, and that's my first and only e/s so far with this finish. So maybe it's due to this finish but I just love the quality of it. I feel like the e/s is almost creamy, and you don't need a lot a product to actually have a nice color on the eye.
I think this color is flattering on anybody. I find it harder for pale skin / blue or green eyes to find an e/s shadow that's flattering and to me, expensive pink is an excellent choice.

I find that the best way to use it is to apply it on the lid. Looks good when used with satin taupe, paradisco, passionate. Well it can be used with many colors.

on 3/7/2011 10:38:00 PM

Pink shadows never appealed much to me, I have brown eyes and pink is actually a color that is recommended for brown eyes, but on me I always felt like it looked plain and even cheap at times. Enter Expensive Pink. This shadow looks so gorgeous on my lids and makes my brown eyes glow, This has a lot of gold to it and the pink is a medium, classic pink shade. It looks great paired with a soft brown, particularly GoLightly from Stila, in the crease and Maybelline On the Rocks eyeliner. Another look I love is to blend this with the Shagri-La e/s trio from NYX, it creates a gorgeous soft bohemian look. I am forever finding new ways to wear my Expensive Pink and I'm having a lot of fun with it. I got mine in the Neo Science collection so it comes in the hot neon orange packaging which I love!

on 3/1/2011 10:34:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i love expensive pink :]
it was my first mac eyeshadow so i hold it dear to me ^^
it not really pink on my and on most people too i think
i comes of as a goldish/orange with some lil pink in it :]
over all very lovely

on 3/1/2011 10:26:00 PM

this makes a great blush/bronzer, so if you can't make it work as an eyeshadow try it as a blush! gorgeous

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Ok for light WOC this is GREAT for an all over lid color!!! If you want more of a nuetral look just barely put any on but for the pink to really show you have to pack it on :D but either way it's a great color (btw its more of a brownish pink than it looks like in the picture with gold reflects) hope i helped :D

on 2/22/2011 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Kinky, Coarse

I got Expensive pink at my local CCO outlet for like $8-10 bucks. I was looking everywhere when I happened to stumble across it. I use is over my Too faced shadow insurance and MAC painterly paint pot and the color payoff is great for me. I usually pair it with a burgundy, like the pigment Rouge and handwritten in the crease with a natural brow. Love it!

on 1/29/2011 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I don't know what it is about pink eyeshadows but they just don't work with my skintone. Maybe I haven't found a good complimentary color to match with Expensive Pink doesn't look at all pink when I put it on. It has a nice shimmer and the color payoff is okay but if anything, I'll maybe use it as a crease color.

on 1/24/2011 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Why do I continuously buy pink eye shadows? I know they make me look tired. I know they never suit me. I know they make me look like I have an eye infection. Expensive Pink is no exception (that rhymed!). However, for what it is, it is a nice color with good payoff. It just does not work with my skintone.

on 1/18/2011 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This is a very peachy colour - on my nc43-44 skintone, you can barely see the pink undertones... however, this is a lovely colour and one that pairs well with colours like bronze, romp, twinks and star violet. A must have for lovers of neutrals!

Top Rated MAC Products