August 23, 2014 | 971 users online

Treatments (Face) - Desert Essence - Dessert Essence Blemish Touch Stick

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2007 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Genia1

If you look at the list of ingredients below, you'll see that grain alcohol is the second ingredient, which means it makes up a large percentage of the product. This is probably why the blemish touch stick not only stung horribly when applied to a single blemish, but was also too drying. Blemishes need antibacterial ingredients, such as the many essential oils in the product, but not severely drying ingredients like grain alcohol. Over dry the skin, and it will flake and cause oily build-up, which in turn causes blemishes. You don't treat blemishes by DAMAGING the skin. A much better formula would be a couple of essential oils in a base of aloe vera gel, aloe vera being soothing as well as antibacterial.

Ingredients: Witch Hazel Extract, Grain Alcohol, Eco-harvest Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia), Calendula, Essential Oil Of Blue Chamomile, Essential Oil Of Rosemary, Essential Oil Of Lavender, Essential Oil Of Thyme, Essential Oil Of Birch, Essential Oil Of Petitgrain.

I also don't like rollerball applicators when it comes to treating blemishes, as I don't like the idea of bacteria being rolled into the bottle.

I much prefer Wild Sage's Clear Skin Stick for occasional spot use.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2007 1:07:00 AM More reviews by avantgardelovers

ignore the smell, cause this baby works wonders!

i've been using this for about a month, the price is pretty reasonable around 5$, i get the occasional blemish, but with this stuff (knock on wood) i havent seen a single blemish on my face during the whole time i've been using this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2007 12:39:00 PM More reviews by faedreams79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I bought when I was browsing for condish at Trader Joe's, thought I'd try. I put it on that night and thought it smelled so nasty. I wiped it off (or thought I did) went to bed. I was planning on returning the next day due to the horrible smell but when I woke up the next day, the little patch of zits was nearly gone! It must have already sunk in and did its thing! I used it again on other zits and left it on! Same results again! Needless to say, I'm keeping it now! And the smell gets less vile after it has been on for some time. Plus, if it works this well, who cares if I smell like medicine when I go to bed!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2007 12:44:00 AM More reviews by greatpph

Picked this up in my Trader Joes. The packaging is really cool, looks like a lip gloss. However, there is a really strong alchol smell, maybe it's just me.
First night I used it, i put it on a bump on my chin that I had for a couple of days already. The next morning, the bump is gone! It's still slightly there, but definately didn't develop into something crazy.
I use this religiously, 2-3 times a day, but never saw the dramatic effect when I first tried it. But I do find the solution clams any redness or pain you might have (pimple or insect bites)

Very useful product even if you don't have pimples!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2007 8:55:00 AM More reviews by Marie1982

So I'm giving this product a 5. This is the first product I have ever reviewed here that is getting a 5 from me. It is WONDERFUL. My esthetician recommended it for using on some mild back break-outs. I also started using it on my FACE break-outs, and I was even more impressed by the results. Small pimples or ones that are just forming will disappear within a few days of use. You need to use it as recommended, about 4 or 5 times a day. (I use it at morning and night and keep it in my purse to do quick touch-ups throughout the day when using the ba†hroom.) It even works on larger zits. Although they do no disappear within a couple of days, it DOES heal them beautifully, it just takes a few days longer. I also use little dabs of it once a day areas that are not broken out but are break-out prone, and it is keeping them clear. I'm currently nursing a couple of medium-sized zits with them. When I went to bed last night they were red and were starting to have that 3D effect. This morning, they are a little bit rid but have shrunken considerably. I can tell that with a few more days of consistent use, they will be history. This is the best spot treatment product i have ever used, and I've probably used them all---just remember, consistent use is key. Give this a try, you will not be disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2007 8:23:00 AM More reviews by jll1637

Really works!! I don't respond at all to salicystic acids and had been relying on mild benzoil peroxide gels. I bought this in hopes of making a break out go away faster and it did. Will totally buy again....in fact, I am going to start investigating more organic/natural products....good stuff. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2007 8:10:00 PM More reviews by amacher24

Amazing! This stuff really works on my acne. I use Proactiv, and their spot-treatment with a lot of benzoyl peroxide did nothing to my pimples compared to this. Definetly will buy again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2007 6:24:00 PM More reviews by maudelynn

Wonderful! Dabbed it on a huge horrid zit and within less than 24 hours the zit was nearly gone, never need to be poked, thus making a scabby, scarring sore un-needed!
A++++

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2007 12:34:00 PM More reviews by momseybabes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this for 2 weeks now. I have extremely oily, 40ish skin. I have found that this works best when I put it on a zit that is just beginning to surface. It has literally made them disappear within hours. For others, it has cut the time down. This is less drying then just tea tree oil. I will always have one of this in my purse.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2007 1:38:00 PM More reviews by SsjAnimeGW

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bugged the shit out of my skin! lol. The only thing I LOVE about this product is the packaging. I dumped the stuff inside out and filled it with jojoba (pronounced "ho-ho-ba") oil to put onto my lips. Seriously, the roller top pops right off and you can fill it with anything you want! I recommend putting the Desert Essence jojoba oil in it, popping the top back on and carrying it with you throughout the day as a makeshift lip conditioner/ gloss. Jojoba oil on lips plumps them, hydrates them and makes them sexily shiney. Try it! ...but not the original blemsih touch stick product...bleah!