January 29, 2015 | 1042 users online

Shampoo - Paul Mitchell - Tea Tree line

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2008 4:46:00 PM More reviews by tideturns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i have flaky, itchy scalp but my hair gets oily easily- i was using head and shoulders and my stylist recommended the paul mitchell tea tree oil s&c to get rid of the buildup in my hair (the head and shoulders left my hair sticky at the scalp but solved the itchiness/flakiness) -------- PROS: -tingling scalp really helps wake me up in the morning - tingling sensation feels awesome and feels like its cleaning my hair out -my hair feels clarified and light - stopped all itchiness/flakiness
---------- CONS: -the smell is a bit overwhelming (peppermint) ----------------- i would definitely recommend this line of s&c.... i almost want to call it my HG

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2008 8:18:00 PM More reviews by divinemisscopa

Awesome, awesome stuff!!! Makes my hair clean and manageable without overdrying. It's also a wonderful, fresh wake-up aid in the morning with the cooling effect of the tea tree oil on my face. It's good to use this about 2-3 times per week to control oil in my hair. Helps control dandruff, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2007 11:02:00 PM More reviews by mirrorpalais

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE this line. does wonders for my oily scalp and has an invigorating scent that is intensified by the steam of a hot shower.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2007 4:06:00 PM More reviews by bleeched8807

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

hey, guys...i go to the paul mitchell academy, so i know all about the paul mitchell products...one thing a lot of people haven't stated is that you CAN NOT use the tea tree line on colored hair. it WILL strip your color. if you use it once a week to clarify, you're fine. but don't use it every day. use the Color Protect shampoo and conditioner every day if you color your hair.

21 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2007 11:39:00 PM More reviews by INDICAN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love PM's Tea Tree line. It smells so invigorating and the shampoo makes my scalp tingle. That makes me happy. I love the shampoo, conditioner, and bar soap. Yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2007 8:05:00 PM More reviews by jmcoco

I use the Tea Tree Shampoo and Conditioner everyday. It smells clean and as most have stated it does tingle the scalp. It works great for dandruff control and makes my hair soft and silky. It doesn't do much in the way of volume, but it is a nice cleanser and conditioner. It is good for all hair types. Mine is color treated, wavy and frizz prone, but doesn't dry it out. My hubby loves it too. It will sting like the dickens if you get it into your eyes so watch out for that.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2007 5:20:00 PM More reviews by magoomba

This product seems to really get my hair clean. I love the smell, as it seems to wake me up in the morning. I also like the way my scalp feels after using it. My head doesn't itch as much and I have fewer flakes. I don't think this is a good shampoo line if you are looking for added volume.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2007 7:16:00 PM More reviews by lycn4717

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Whats weird is that before, I really wanted to like the tea tree line but Hated it. It made my hair dry and frizzy.

But recently, I'm able to use it with great results!!! I dont know what happened. Maybe my hair just changed??
I used to want the sleek straight look, so the super skinny line was great for me. But now I want a voluminous look, so I switched to tea tree. I like the tingly feeling. volme is medium, but doesn't really do much for volume as the "extra body" line does. But I really like the tingly feeling on my scalp when I use. Its a good everyday shampoo. I only use the shampoo tho. I think the conditioner isnt enough for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2007 2:28:00 PM More reviews by natalierose

Okay, this was awesome for a couple weeks (shiny, bouncy, overall awesome hair), then it started to irritate my scalp. My scalp started to get kind of flaky and itchy, but I though "Huh? maybe it's just the weather change, it can't be my shampoo since it's supposed to TREAT an irritated scalp..." Fast forward another couple weeks, my scalp felt like it was on fire and was leaking puss from the hair follices. I had scabs all over my scalp before it occured to me that it was this shampoo that was aggravating my scalp. Doh! lol.. so I quit using it for a few months and my scalp slowly recovered.

So one day I feel like clarifying and think..."hmmm, maybe if i use it only once a while it won't be so bad." (i have a whole liter of it collecting dust...) NO NO NO, never again. I used it ONCE and my scalp was flat-out MAD at me. I even diluted it so it was only a pea-sized amount of shampoo in a cup of water. Again my scalp was covered with puss and scabs, but from just one shampoo. i don't know if it's the tea tree oil, or the peppermint (my scalp is fine with the SLS) but owowowow nope i will have to find some other way to use this up. Maybe use it for toilet cleaner or dishsoap? IDK.

The price is pretty good if you get the 2 liters for $35 deal. That's the only positive thing I can think of...

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2007 11:12:00 PM More reviews by xbtex

I use to have terrible dandruff until one day I was asked my brother's hairstylist, Felicia, to try out this product. I did not have much faith that it would clear my scalp of this pesky condition (which I was suffering from for many years) BUT it did indeed cleared my dandruff! I haven't had dandruff in over a year. =)

Edit (9-23-08): I don't think this a great product for those who have sensitive skin and scalp. I noticed it really made my skin dry out after a few months of washing with this shampoo.