September 17, 2014 | 1878 users online

Concealers - Bobbi Brown - Corrector

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

I found this at a CCO and was so excited but sadly I was disappointed with it. It doesn't really do a good job at enhancing my dark circles (which aren't even that bad!), its sticky, its thick, and it creases like crazy. I do not recommend this at all.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by kelliechevron

I used the peach corrector for dark circles and darkness around the mouth. I only have light shadows/darkness under my eyes and in the inner corners, and this product covers them perfectly, even from different angles. I was careful only to apply it to the bag/shadow itself, not anywhere near my actual lower lashline, and I applied a couple of thin layers and topped it with translucent powder (Shiseido). I've tried many, many products to cover bags, and I really think this is the best one I've found.

Unfortunately it isn't opaque enough to cover/correct the discolouration around my mouth/chin, although it does reduce it somewhat.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by cbegg

I went to my local Bobbi Brown counter in search of their creamy concealer and never thought to purchase a corrector. After trying the two together i was really surprised of how much of a difference this one product makes. Because i'm at work from very early in the morning until late at night i really need something thats going to stay all day (and it did!). Feels really light and not too heavy on the skin (even with the concealer on top) and has a really good coverage. I would say it would be possible to get away with wearing the corrector by itself because of the coverage however, the concealer on top makes my dark circles completely dissapear! As for the packaging, i have always loved the look of Bobbi Brown products and this doesn't disapoint. Would definitely purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by amberlynnbg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is great for people who have very dark circles or just slightly so. If you have very dark circles, you need to use a concealer on top of this. If you don't, you can get away with just the corrector. I bought the color Light Bisque and for reference I am NC 25/30 in MAC makeup. I should have gotten Light Peach instead because I have a warmer complexion but this still works great. I will say that the texture is sticky, not like a gel. But because of this it provides a good base to place concealer on top of. I often don't set this with a powder and it still works just as well. I will say that if you do have fine lines, this will probably crease on you.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2013 3:47:00 AM More reviews by liss29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a bit torn with this product. In terms of colour and coverage this is the best product I've found so far. I bought the Peach corrector for my NC30-35 skin. It neutralises the darkness under my eyes really well (and I have very dark and large circles). It stays put fairly well too, particularly when powdered.

Now for the criticism. The product is extremely sticky and this creates a lot of problems. I applied it with a cream shadow brush as it provided a smoother application. However, even with this technique, I didn't like how it pulled at the skin under the eye when applying. Alao, when you press your fingers into it (to push and blend into the skin) I found that the product will lift off onto your fingers. I think the general coverage of the product to be excellent but hard to control due to this issue.

The sticky texture also made it stick into the creases in my eye. I can also have slightly dryer skin and even with a primer and/or moisturiser, the corrector managed to find the absolute tiniest dry bits and magnify them 1000x which is not very flattering. When I tried to blend to correct these issues, it ruined the coverage.

I also found that the sticky texture also meant that the concealer didn't sit right. It looked very heavy and obvious.

I think that this product has the best colour I have found for my skin so far, however I personally wont be using it often until I can find a primer that works with it.

I would generally recommend this product for those who just have dark circles (do not have creases, bumps, dryness etc).

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Blurredvision

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this corrector after having read multiple reviews about how wonderful it preformed. I don't know if my skin is too pale or just too dry, but I absolutely abhorred this corrector. This corrector (probably because of its putty-like formulation) accentuated my pores and really did little to brighten my under eye area. It clang onto my dry patches and made them look worse. I tried to use it about a dozen times before I finally gave up yesterday when cleaning out my makeup kit; it is currently sitting in the trash. Waste of money for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by clemon

I really enjoy the bobbi brown corrector. does it have the most opaque concealing powder to completely cover up serious under eye dark circle? no. nonetheless, it is still great for brightening the eye area. it applies easily and blends seamlessly over an eye cream (i use bobbi brown eye cream, which is awesome too!) and possesses great lasting power. once set with a good setting powder (somehow, loose powder seems to work better than pressed), it doesn't crease and lasts all day. the packaging is nice and sleek, easy to take around. also, since so little is used each time, it really lasts a long time despite the small product quantity. this is one product that i highly recommend to my friends.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 10:35:00 AM More reviews by msh9899

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

BB's Corrector is a product that works very well to correct & conceal under eye circles as well as brighten the under eye area (in a very natural way). I have a love/hate relationship w/ this product because it doesn't always work for me. Some days it disappears too quickly (I do always set it w/ LM Brightening or LM Translucent powder) and on other days it drys my under eye area to a cakey mess. Once in a blue moon it's fantastic & brightens, conceals and sets to a realistic finish that last all day & doesn't get dry & flakey. I don't even need a concealer over it (btw, I DON'T recommend BB's Concealers over the Correctors-too creamy & seem to ruin any correcting that the Corrector achives). I believe that the issues I encounter w/ this product have everything to do w/ the condition of the skin under my eyes. My under-eye area tends to be dry thus the flaking and if I use extra moisturizer in this area that lessons the staying-power of the product. So for me, it's a balancing act to get it to stay put & not flake which is why I am only giving it 3 stars. I do think it's worth giving a try if your main issue is under eye circles. It does conceal & brighten very well. Finding the correct color is crucial. I am an NC 20-25 in MAC, O20 in Shishedo & CDP Ivory or Beige & I have found that BB Corrector shade in Light Peach works best for me to conceal my bluish-purple under eye circles. **Some tips re: finding the best color: I am always steered towards the pinky, bisque colors by the BB MA's. I have tried 4-5 different colors in both the peach & bisque shades. I do NOT look good in the bisque shades. They turn my skin an odd greyish color. I am an NC20-25, light skin w/ pale yellow undertones but also have Rosacea so have pink cheeks. BB MA's take 1 look at me & see pink cheeks & light skin & steer me towards the bisqued-colored shades. They are trained this way. When BB MA's are taught how to use BB Correctors, they are told that only darker,olive skin-tones should use the peach-toned Correctors. It's not true. I look best in Light Peach as do many others w/ my coloring. My circles are bluish-purple so it makes sense that bisque doesn't correct them much. As far as Correctors are concerned, it matters what color your under eye circles are. That's where I think BB MA's need to be educated-pinkish, bisque color cancels out brown & peach colors cancel out blue/purple. I actually had to have BB MA apply Light Bisque under 1 eye & Light Peach under the other eye to convince her that Light Peach worked better on me. She agreed that Light Bisque didn't work well at all & admitted that she was very surprised because it went against everything she was taught. My advice to you, especially if you are fair-light skinned, is to try out many of the shades in both the pinkish & peachish colors. Get samples, if possible, or just have BB MA apply a different shade under each eye. * Overall, BB Correctors are an excellent product if you can find your perfect match & if the skin under your eyes is not prone to dryness.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by annedenisse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in Peach. I am an NC30 but the area under my eyes are too dark and for many years, I can't find the right concealer for them. I already tried A LOT including MAC and Cinema Secrets until I went to Bobbi Brown and wow, this worked on me. It doesn't totally eradicate the darkness but it really worked wonders. Only downside is the fact that I have a crease under both my eyes so some of it accumulates in that area but it's cool as I think ALL products are quite like that on me and I don't think it's correctable unless my creases leave ;-).

To add up, recently I started to use the Bobbi Brown Tinted Highlighter in peach as well before I apply this corrector on the really dark areas of my under-eyes as recommended by Bobbi Brown's makeup consultant. Waaaaaay better!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by roestarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have very dark circles under my eyes and have spent thousands over the years searching for the perfect cover up product without being too heavy that it sits in lines etc. I have bobbi brown concealer and corrector but I love this way more than the concealer, it has a yellow base as with all bobbi brown products which counteracts the blue/purplish colour that is a problem under my eyes. It has great coverage without caking and does not dry too quick that it cant be manipulated and blended. Love this and use it all over my face as a concealer. Will definitely keep buying and a small pot will last you forever. Well at least 6 months!