August 28, 2014 | 1068 users online

Concealers - Bobbi Brown - Creamy Concealer

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2011 2:21:00 PM More reviews by mgfer

Many people recommend this product for concealing dark circles. It does conceal, yes..but, at least on my skin, it looks so unnatural. It sets into all my fine lines making them much more noticeable and making me look much older. I simply cannot wear it. Also it is very thick and I feel it dries out my skin.
Maybe it works fine for someone young with no fine lines and black dark circles..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2011 2:37:00 AM More reviews by cathekim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings about this one. On one hand, I love the color because Warm Ivory is such a good match for me. That's really half the battle, to find a color that isn't too yellow or too pink, but just the right shade. BUT, this does not cover under eye circles well. And, if you do not set with powder, it will crease a lot. The search for the perfect under eye concealer continues!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2011 1:39:00 AM More reviews by mayag719

I was so disappointed by this product. After finding the first foundation ever that actually matches my skin tone, BB Liquid Foundation: "Warm Beige", I had really high hopes. However, as some other reviewers said, this concealer was really difficult to blend (with both finger and brush) and settled into my fine lines (I'm 21 for god's sake)! I also found the packaging really difficult to use, the yellow powder gets everywhere (although the powder itself is fine). I'm giving it a 2 just because the color was great for me "Sand". Anyone have any good recommendations (based on the color)? I have a ridiculously hard time finding things that match my skin tone. I will also note that I have rather oily skin right underneath my eyes, which might be part of what's causing the settling/creasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 6:10:00 PM More reviews by moonburn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best concealer I've tried yet. I think the key to getting long-lasting coverage with a nice finish is application. Here's how I apply it:

I use a small concealer brush with a TINY amount of product and swipe it once across the lower eye. Then, starting at the inner corner, I use the brush to spread the concealer to the entire area I want to cover. I pick up a tiny bit more for the outer corner, since I tend to get a lot of discoloration there. Then I use my finger to blend out the edges and pat the concealer into the skin. Finally, I use a fluffy eyeshadow brush to BUFF IN a setting powder (I use MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural). This lasts all day without creasing or caking.

I'm NC/NW10 and I use Porcelain, the lightest shade. My issues are reddish discoloration under the eye and bluish discoloration on the outer corner.

Since you only use a small amount for each application, this product will last a while. I think it's a good value.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2011 1:26:00 AM More reviews by rosanamir

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had such high hopes for this product. The coverage was beautiful and the color matched my skin perfectly. It took me 10 minutes or so to apply, pat, pat lots more, blend, and powder. 10 minutes later it settled into fine lines around my eyes I didn't even know were there, and it caked. 50 minutes after that the concealer faded and my my dark circles were back. It made my under-eye area look older. I tried everything and did everything I was told to do, but nothing worked. I REALLY wanted this to work. This concealor is not for me, so I had to return it and my search for the HG concealer goes on. Ugh.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2011 4:56:00 AM More reviews by hellokittybrock

I generally dun have fine lines underneath my eyes. This concealer does its job of concealing dark circles. It is very thick and creamy. A little goes a long way. For me, this product works best if u dun apply it on top of thick eye creams or primer. If u apply it on top of udpp, it is definitely a disaster. N a little goes a long way. I dip my concealer brush and i share the amount on both eyes. I never had any problems. The other good thing about this concealer is the vast number of shades available. I am Mac NC15 and their lightest shade for concealer is NW15 for me which i am not sure if this color is suitable. My country sells this at SGD$60++. comes in a pot with loose powder. I bought it online for USD$20. If u can get that online, go ahead. But if u were to pay the expensive australian or asia prices, pls reconsider. LOL

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by zeynepd

This. I really don't like this. I bought it on a whim and I don't know why because even the SA at the Bobbi Brown counter could not spread it on my under-eye area and asked me to do it:) It sure has a creamy feel but once it touches my skin - which isn't even dry- it just becomes impossible to blend, patting doesn't help, and neither does tugging severely. It also manages to set into my lines. I find the box pretty hard to use, too. The powder is not so bad, but the rest is just horrid.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2011 6:46:00 PM More reviews by ncsugrl09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay, I must be one of the few people on the planet who does not get the hype around this product. I had wanted it for ages after really getting into makeup and finally took the splurge last week, and my concealer arrived a couple of days ago.

Boy, was I disappointed. This product does a houdini number on you....yes, it is very creamy in the pan when you touch it and feel it, so I thought 'Great, this is going to blend nicely under the eye area!' No...think again. I applied this concealer every way under the sun, and I was moisturized plenty, etc. I consider myself pretty 'good' at makeup application and this concealer just isn't worth the price for me.

It was SO hard to blend under my eyes. I put it on with a brush and then went to blend with my finger. This concealer is like concrete under your eyes, it doesn't feel nice, it feels drying and it tugs at your skin when you try to blend it. I really don't understand how anyone else has had a 'creamy' experience under their eyes. Maybe it's just different body chemistry or something but my maybelline mineral power cheapo liquid concealer feels so much better under my eyes, and I even did a comparison using it on one eye, and the BB on the other, and the maybelline honestly looked better.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I've followed all the steps to proper concealer application and this stuff is just not working for me. Disappointed I shelled out the 22+ bucks for it. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by diamondtoob

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

hey guys, check out my review on the bobbi brown corrector and concealer here:

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Hamstershell

I like the creamy consistency, and the setting powder is very fine and does not look cakey on me. Natural Tan is a good match for me (NC25-30)and on first application it does reduce the dark circles and brigten my eye area overall. It just does not last long enough, after 2 hours, my eye circles are visible again, and I can not pile this on thru the day becos it will cake. PLUS it is really expensive! So I think after I use this up, I will not rebuy. Hunt goes on for the perfect u/e concealer.