Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

3.8

Active ingredients: Octyl Methoxycinnamate (Octinoxate) and Methyl Anthranilate. Other ingredients: Purified Water, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) PEG-40 Castor Oil (and) POE-20, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclomethicone, DEA-Ceryl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Kalaya Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Cetyl Dimethicone Copolyol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica.

on 2/21/2014 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this for several months. I prefer a light coverage and this is exactly what that does. I either use my fingers to apply or RT expert face brush. I sometimes put an extra layer on red areas for more coverage. This doesn't cake. It evens my skin out. I still need to spot conceal tho. There are some other brands (Nars, Sonia Kashuk) that I'd like to try but until then -- this is perfect for me. I use Nude and it is perfect for my light complexion.

on 1/31/2014 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I got a free sample mini-tube, and I honestly don't understand the point of this product. It is not very pigmented, so you wouldn't use it as a foundation. I suppose it may even out skin tone a bit, and it gives a decent dewy finish for a while, but coverage isn't heavy enough to hide any redness or under-eye shadows. At the same time, if it's only a facial moisturiser with SPF 20 sunscreen, then you can get products just as good or better for a tiny fraction of the price at the supermarket! Also, it smells absolutely terrible, like cheap sunscreen and chemicals. I don't understand how they can justify putting a massive pricetag on a nasty-smelling plain old moisturiser that doesn't really do anything special.

on 1/11/2014 9:17:00 PM

This tinted mosturizer feels very light and it has a really light weight coverage. Its good for those people who doesnt have many blemishes which need to be covered. it doesnt stay for a long time and need to be re applied after around 3 hours. its a great tinted mosturizer overall tho

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am a NC30 with dry/combo skin. The colour sand is perfect for me. Overall this is a very lightweight tinted moisturiser that I believe would be great for those with oily or combination skin like me.

The price is a little high in my opinion for something so lightweight, meaning the coverage is very minimal. I believe this is best for those who want an extreme natural look and already have pretty good skin. I have decent skin but felt this did not really make a difference except slightly evening my skintone out. It definitely does not cover blemishes and is not buildable. At $43, I'm a little torn at whether or not it is worth it because I like how it does not make me oily after a long day AND works amazing with my skin, but the coverage is too little (I prefer light to medium coverage).

Pros:
- Did not break me out... I have sensitive skin
- Did not make me oily after 8+ hours of wear
- My face looked more radiant after putting it on
- SPF included
- Did not emphasise my dry patches but also did not make me super oily... this is quite perfect in terms of staying power, oil control, etc.
- Loose powder helps it stay, but I find I do not need it and do not need touch ups throughout my 8-hour workdays! Amazing.

Cons:
- The price
- Coverage is TOO light... made for someone with already great skin
- Not buildable

In the end, I suppose if I can't find another TM with SPF in it, I will be repurchasing it. For now I will be on a hunt for a slightly heavier coverage that reacts the same to my face in terms of oil control and staying power.

on 12/21/2013 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This product is overpriced. It is okay and nothing more. It gives a very sheer look which I can appreciate but it feels cheap and I don't like that it contains parabens. It also makes my pores look a lot bigger, which I then have to correct. That's not good of course. Also no coverage at all unless you put a lot of layers on. I expected light coverage. This tm only illuminates really.

I regret paying this much and will only use it as a highlighter.

If I tested this blind I would probably guess this to be a very cheap BB cream. It reminds me of that horrible BB cream from Garnier.

on 12/20/2013 2:00:00 AM

I was very excited to try this product before but when I finally did I wasn't very happy. I guess I just had too high expectations from it. The product has a dewy finish which is nice but the coverage is very very light plus the odor smells like a glue and I realized that my skin got dry as well. Maybe it just doesn't match with my asian skin.

on 12/5/2013 5:42:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I like this tinted moisturizer, but I don't love it. It feels like a foundation on my skin, and frankly looks like one too. The finish is nice, but it doesn't have the light feel I'd really like from a TM. Wear time is ok. It lasts pretty well in the winter time, but in the warmer months I only a get a few hours out of it before I'm a melty mess. It also smells like straight up sunscreen.

on 12/1/2013 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This is one of the heaviest tinted moisturizers i have used. That is great it you are looking for a bit more coverage. I ideally wanted something that was a bit more sheer in consistency but
I sheer it out so I don't mind. I purchased the shade Walnut which is ok but sometimes I feel it makes me look a bit ashy some days. Overall i think it is ok, I doubt I would repurchase but I think it is worth a try. I did a video of my thoughts of this moisturizer! Check it out.

on 11/14/2013 8:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I've been using this for about 5 months now, I keep trying to like it but I just cant.

Cons:
Gets oily looking. This one actually looks much LESS oily throughout the day than the oil free version too! I've tried both.
Transfers easily. Almost anything that touches my face gets orange oily spots on them. When i have to lay face down as physiotherapy I leave behind oily greasy orangish spots on the paper on the bed, which is pretty gross.
It kind of sits on my skin, not in a way that I can feel, it definitely doesnt feel heavy, but it doesn't... cover things nicely? It makes any blemishes stand out a lot, sinks into lines weirdly
It's more drying than it is moisturizing. My skin looks drained and tired when I take it off :s

Pros:
Lightweight, light-medium coverage, covers more than more tinted moisturizers.
Very natural looking

So in the end I don't really like this product. It isn't awful, and I'd probably keep wearing it however I've been breaking out pretty badly for the past 4 months, and as soon as I stopped using this the breakouts have stopped and my skin is calming down a lot.
So really if you have basically perfect skin other than a little redness I think this would be okay, but honestly, there are definitely products out there that are better than this one. It's definitely not worth the price. If I were you I'd save my money and look for something else.

on 11/11/2013 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have a love/hate relationship with my Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer. Some days I absolutely love it but then others I absolutely hate it and wish that I wouldn't have spent the $43 on it.
So, here is what I love. The product is sheer but buildable without looking cakey. When used with the primer, it makes my skin look flawless. When used without a primer, it just evens out a bit. The packaging is great, no waste because you can really control how much product you let out of the tube. The number one thing that I love about this foundation is that it keeps my skin looking moist which is really great as I have extremely dry skin.
Onto what I hate. The smell of it really turns my stomach. I don't know what it is, but the smell and me just do not get along. I also don't like that in order to have amazing results I HAVE to use the primer. Now, while I don't have a problem using a primer, I do have a problem with the cost of the TM as well as the moisturizer, over $70 for both. I think for that price I would rather buy another bottle of Chanel Vitalumiere that has amazing coverage and is so good it doesn't need a primer. I also find that no matter what I do, the TM oxidizes to an extremely unattractive bright orange. In my book, that's just no good. I also feel that there isn't enough of a colour selection in the line.
So, there you have it. If you have dry skin that isn't so fair, I would recommend this to you. If you just want sheer coverage and a bit of moisture, I would recommend this to you as well. If you don't want to smell like rotten fruit, I wouldn't recommend this for you. LOL. In my opinion, get a sample and try it for a week. You might like it or you might hate it. With the cost of the TM and the primer, I would really recommend trying it before commiting to buy. And... go to Sephora to buy. The people at the Macy's counter really didn't know anything about the line that they are demonstrating. But that's a whole other story! :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Foundations, Powders, and Tinted Moisturizers: MAC, YSL, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, ETC by Crystal DivaLevy