December 20, 2014 | 1642 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2013 8:26:00 AM More reviews by ferndavidson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have always wanted to buy this product but could not justify paying £33 for 40ml when I am in love with my Bobbi Brown tinted moisturizer which is £28 for 50ml.
However, when I stumbled across the House of Fraser website selling the bonus size of this, solely in my colour (nude) and it was half price at 100ML FOR £20 (that is not a typo of an extra zero there) I just had to buy it.
It's a good product but Bobbi Brown beats it, still can't justify the price tag and therefore wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by dianaish

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I seem to always come back to this. It travels well, evens skin tone a bit and is hydrating, great for combo-dry skin. Perfect for good skin days and for those preferring that dewy, minamalist finish but does tend to look more on the greasy side if you are outdoors for extended periods of time in warmer climates. I have purchased this three times in the last five years or so which is saying something.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by frugal2

I am East Asian, light-medium skin tone (I use SAND), dry-ish skin, 38 years old, live in Southern Cal. I love that this has sunscreen. It feels good on my skin and moisturizes and leaves my skin looking very even in color even though the coverage is light. I like to use a dry powder to finish when I don't want to look dewy. This is great stuff, but i have to say that the Lumene BB cream to me is as good as this for about 1/4th the price and i only just tried this today because I got a tiny sample from my local CVS. BTW, I've been accused of being a shill because I'm not on the boards often. In my defense, I only review items when they wow me or really disappoint me. if it's just ok then i'm not motivated to tell anybody. Anyway, that's my 2 cents!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by sabrinadi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product on a trip to Asia. Unfortunately, I was tanner than usual at that point, so I bought a shade that is waaaay too dark for my skin in winter. In summer I can kind of get away with it. The only thing I can say is I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. It gives you a good amount of coverage, taking away most of the redness on your face without being visible at all. It doesn't get all patchy and cling to the dry patches on my skin, even though the lasting power of this product is not the greatest. The packaging is not the greatest though because the tube leaks and wastes so much of the product - and the LM tinted moisturizer is too expensive for such a cheap packaging! So overall, if you're looking for that "no make up perfect skin"-look, I'd definitely recommend buying it. Even though it is pricey, it is worth every single penny. I am repurchasing the lighter shade for the wintertime.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2013 8:06:00 AM More reviews by wingcharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After being convinced with the positive reviews here, I finally bought this product. I am now using it for 3 months and it's doing just fine on my face.

I don't really know if this TM is exceptional because this is the only second brand of TM that I've used so I can only compare it with my previous Wet n' Wild TM.

When it comes to coverage, it does alright. I don't really have any zit problem so it fairly evens out my skin tone, fades dark spots and blemishes. It's not really like foundation or concealer with heavy coverage but this TM is enough for me as I'm not a heavy makeup user and still prefers the natural look. What I do is apply this in my face then use concealer under my eyes and side of the nose and then apply blush and lipstick and that's it, my face looks flawless.

One thing I also like is that it feels very light on my face like a regular moisturiser and doesn't cause breakout.

The only thing I hate is the packaging because it could easily spill when you push the tube accidentally.

--------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE:

From 4, to 3 stars.

It's ok as a tinted moisturizer... as it says, a moisturizer with a tint.

but I guess, I'm really looking for something that would give me an overall coverage and would last long on my face... but not too heavy like foundation.

After several use, I noticed that it doesn't help with my under eye circles. I use a concealer but they make me look worse.

It doesn't last long on my face too. The tube is no good as it easily spills the content.

Now I'm using Missha which solves all my makeup needs. I don't use concealer anymore, not even for my undereye circles since this BB cream is enough.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by melikemochi

I first tried this product about 2 years ago and LOVED it so much that I bought a backup! I'm sensitive to face products that feel like a mask or look cakey. I have pretty good skin, no break outs, just freckles and some redness/hyper-pigmentation. I wanted something that provided some evening out of my skin tone that I could not feel sitting on my skin. This remember liking this product bc it seemed to even me out a bit but yet had an easy fool-proof application. I could apply it lightly or heavily with my fingers and there was never any streaking or uneveness. The color I felt was forgiving because it was sheer. Bisque is PERFECT for my nc30 skin (some SA recommended sand but I felt bisque matched my yellow undertones better). Sometimes I wore it with MAC MSF Natural in med+ over it. Very natural no makeup-look. The packaging is bad if you plan to travel or transport. I'm pretty careful but a lot of product squirted out into the cap and was wasted. Shouldn't be a problem if you store it cap up and don't take it anywhere. No breakouts from it. Always looked great. Fresh and like I wasn't wearing anything and no clinging to dry areas.

Fast forward to now: I think it's too expensive, $43, for a lotion. If you feel like splurging for a lotion that gives the slightest tiny amount of coverage (if you look REALLY REALLY closely), then you will be happy with it. I put this on half my face and nothing on the other half the other day.... if I looked REAL closely and used a tiny bit of imagination... I could see that my skin was ever so slightly more even (toned down redness a tiny bit) on the TM side but nothing else was covered. An hour later, I couldn't even see the difference (and I looked outside, indoors, and indoors with natural light). I'm on a makeup budget and so wouldn't repurchase this and regret getting the backup. For $43, I expect this to do more for me. I would rather buy Urban Decay naked skin.... it is a foundation but I would say its the same thing in that you cannot feel it on your skin whatsoever but provides light to med coverage.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by lilmomomo

i buy travel size version in sand.
it works well if i dont have too much skin blemishes or pigmentation to cover

i like LM b/c its so light and not heavy feeling at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by xxrocy

Good tinted moisturizer, gives a nice coverage over all.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by dayoldsushi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I prefer this version over the oil-free, which has an odd texture imho. Its light but provides coverage. It does a good job of evening out my skin tone with a very natural finish. I found it to be moisturising on my dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2013 12:36:00 PM More reviews by sleepytimesamba

I am happy with this product, it provides enough coverage to cover up redness and make my skin glow. This is my first time using a tinted moisturiser so I will be trying another brand after this tube has finished to see if there are any others that I prefer to this.