November 26, 2014 | 1163 users online

Scrubs - Biore - Pore Unclogging Scrub

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2011 3:17:00 AM More reviews by pinkpopsicle456

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this but my not all that sensitive skin reacted to it. It broke out it a ton of tiny bumps all over my face and my face was really dried out. I don't know why this happened as i usually have pretty normal skin. The only other thing i have had an allergic reaction to is the laura mercier tinted moisturizer. I would not recommend this although i really like the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

Again another hit from Biore. My skin tends to love Biore cleansers very much. I have a very elaborate selection of Biore cleanser in my shower, to which my partner thinks it beyond and crazy......I love it!
This cleanser has a very heavy Cucumber scent that's always refreshing. Cleanse my face effectively everytime. My skin never feels tight, inflamed or dry afterwards. I use this cleanser 1-2 times a week.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2011 2:44:00 AM More reviews by pissandvinegar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I've been using this product for a bit now and I've got to say... I quite like it! I use it every other night (sometimes I use it every night depending on how dry my skin is) and I find it to be very refreshing. It does give you a tingling feeling but not a painful one, makes skin decently smooth after use, and is not harsh at all. Since my skin turns red instantly after using almost every scrub I've tried, I was super excited when this one didn't make it red really at all. It's helped clear some of these teeny bumps I've been getting on my forehead but I don't think it's exactly great for pore unclogging... I took off a lippie because I think it could use a few more exfoliating bead things in it to really make it scrub well!
PROS: gets skin CLEAN, feels nice, non irritating, good price
CONS: a few more scrub beads wouldn't hurt ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by nlt87

I've used this for years, about10 years or so, I've used to many things through the years and I always make my way back to this. I just how it leaves your skin so soft and takes out the impurities but yet it's gentle and not harsh on your skin. Alot of products dry out my skin and leave me looking worse then before but this doesn't it actually improves my skin. It's roughly $6 at my local target.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by misskurdi

i have been using this product for a while now. i love it! its very gentle on your face but it leaves my skin very clean and smooth. i used to have very bad acne. i started using this cleanser and it really helped to clear my skin. i really recommend this product to anyone that is breaking out.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2011 8:45:00 AM More reviews by Katie411

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm very surprised I like this. I have (had) sworn off any type of physical scrub, but kept seeing reviews for this on youtube. I thought I might as well try it as it's easy to find in the UK and cheap. Despite my worst fears, I have to confess I actually really like this. I'm not 100% sure why. The actual scrubby bits are very mild (soft and not that many) but it does feel nice to massage this into the face.
The wash foams into a nice lather and rinses away well. The 'menthol' tingling sensation (something else I'd vowed to avoid) is actually really refreshing and nice. I look forward to using this and again despite my newest resolutions, I have used this once a day since I got it. My skin feels/looks really nice and I love that tingling sensation. It doesn't dry out my skin at all, and I'm starting to find that I actually really look forward to using it. So strange!!! I will continue using it and once it runs out (which will probably be ages as I use only a pea sized amount each time), I will re purchase if I'm enjoying it as much as I am now!
Update 2012 - I've stopped using this as I've decided against using anything minty, mentholy orscrubby as I've heard they can irritate the skib making it more prone to break outs and oilier. There's so many other products I do get on with, so I thought I'd just stop using anything like this.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2011 6:37:00 AM More reviews by vanessa4thewin

This scrub is quite gentle but effective. You can feel it working but it doesn't make your face feel like you're rubbing sandpaper on it! It didn't dry my face extremely even though I have dry skin. I left my skin feeling A bit stripped though because it's scrub and it's not supposed to be moisturizing.. I did exfoliate well and did got rid of my dead skin cells. The salicylic acid contained in the scrub doesn't do much for me though. I have not seen a huge difference and I've been using for a quite a while now so I'm disappointed for that. It didn't clear my face but it didn't break me out either which is a good thing I guess. I will use it for exfoliating and extreme cleaning. Just for that reason. Nothing else because i know I won't work for clearing my complexion. But when you're applying this scrub, you will feel a really fresh feeling. Like you're putting mint on your face! I will repurchase if I can't find a better scrub!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2011 6:24:00 PM More reviews by sammycansing01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is by far the worst exfoliater I have tried for my face. Same day I used it on my face, it broke me out more than ever! I hate the smell, hate the scrub, I will never buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by PaleBrunette

I have maturing, normal skin, slighty oily t-zone in summer and some occasional dryness year round. After experiments with various facial sunscreens left me with clogged up white heads and even a few pimples, I went searching for something to degunk my pores. Salicylic acid seemed a logical choice. I found this scrub at Walmart for around 7 bucks. I used this product at night and followed with my usual rich moisturizer, by morning my white heads had disappeared and the few blemishes were signifcantly reduced. I used a Biore pore strip on my nose and combined with the salicylic acid seemed to increase effectiveness of the strip. By day three my skin was glowing. This product is going into my rotation, I will use it to degunk pores once or twice a week.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2011 12:30:00 PM More reviews by majormakeupmaniac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

To me, this is just an average scrub. It's not terrible, but nothing to write home about. The exfoliating green beads I find to be too big and they don't really do a great job of sloughing off dead skin. There are some other tiny granuals in the scrub, but I find those to be too small and are equally average in sloughin off dead skin. The only thing I really like about this product is that it leaves a cool/tingling sensation on your skin once you rinse it off (it is especially strong with the steam from a shower!) Overall I wouldn't purchase this again as I feel it doesn't really live up to any other scrubs I've tried (and it definitely isn't "pore unclogging".) But I will continue to use it until it's gone because even though it's not the best, it still manages to get the job done. Sort of.