BeneFit Cosmetics Dear John - a Movin' On Facial Cream [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

Water (Aqua); Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil; C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate; Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride; Glyceryl Stearate; Cetyl Alcohol; Glycerin; PEG-40 Stearate; Cyclopentasiloxane; Cetearyl Alcohol; Tocopheryl Acetate; Phenoxyethanol; Octyldodecanol; Chlorphenesin; Methylparaben; Panthenol; Sodium PCA; Cyclohexasiloxane; Propylparaben; Fragrance (Parfum); Butylparaben; Ethylparaben; Isobutylparaben; Sodium Hyaluronate; Linalool; Butylene Glycol; Propylene Glycol; Butylphenyl Methylpropional; Citric Acid; Althaea Officinalis Root Extract; Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract; Citronellol; Hexyl Cinnamal; Geraniol; Sodium Hydroxide

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using this cream for a week, and I can tell a definite improvement in the way my skin looks! I have acne prone skin, and it hasnt caused me to break out, either (I was really afraid to use it because of this). In fact, I use proactiv, and I needed a good moisturizer because the benzoyl peroxide dried my skin. Previously I used Neutrogena's Oil Free Moisture for sensitive skin, and it just sort of sat on my skin. Anyway, Im so glad I switched to Benefit. My skin is moisturized, and the cream absorbs nicely, and also my skin looks so much smoother and brighter and clearer. I love how it smells, reminds me of peony or honeysuckle. Some people complained about the jar being unsanitary, but I love how its in a jar. I wash my hands before I scoop some out, so Im not concerned. This is great stuff, and is worth the money ($30 I think is what I paid). Its not too heavy, either. I thought it would be. This is perfect for me. Love it.*******update***********Ive been using this for a few weeks and its now my official HG moisturizer! It lasts a long time, and I use a lot. It hasnt broken me out at all, which is amazing. I love the smell and consistency. Its taken care of my dry flaky skin. I also use it on my neck morning and night (I want to prevent neck wrinkles even though Im only 25) and it makes my neck feel so smooth and soft! The price is steep, but so worth it! theres nothing I dont like about this!

on 3/20/2006 7:32:00 AM

Love, love, LOVE this moisturiser! Although I have oily/combo skin when I started a job in a permanently air conditioned office the skin on my cheeks became dried out and flaky. This cream is thick and you expect it to be heavy (I tried it first as a sample) but actually it absorbs really well and hasn't caused extra shine on my skin. The only other thing that could soothe my patchy skin was Neutrogena Comfort Balm but it didn't get rid of the dryness as well and caused alot more shine on my T-zone. 'Dear John...' is quite expensive but the packaging is dinky and the cream is A+++ so it's worth it. I had an Estee Lauder cream at the same price that made my cheeks really sore. As for value for money, I have had my jar for three weeks now and using twice daily I haven't even used a quarter of it - it seems to last forever with the added bonus that my skin is alot better than with any other face cream.

on 1/19/2006 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

this is for sure the best moisturizer I've ever used. I've been taking acne medication for a while now, so my skin is that delightful mix of zit-prone and extremely, catastrophically flaky and dry. I tried a sample that I got in a swap and thought it made my skin much smoother and softer. after buying it and using it for couple of days, I am convinced that it is helping to cure my acne. my skin in general is less irritated and pink, my pores are smaller, I actually have fewer pimples and fewer of the red ghosts of pimples past. everything is more even and more like my normal childhood skin: pale, yellow undertones, little freckles. it's a very striking change, I am inordinately pleased with the results. It's a bit expensive I suppose but it's not la mer or anything. the packaging is cute and old school, but personally I would much prefer some sort of pump, because I always feel less sanitary dipping into a jar over and over with my fingers, and it only seems less sanitary the more you do it.

on 1/7/2006 4:15:00 AM

I tried a sample of this facial cream, and I actually liked it. I put it on at night, and in the morning my skin felt very soft. I didn't think this cream was too greasy or full at all, even though I have combination skin. It didn't break me out. The only reason why I would not buy this, is because I just love Paula Begoun's products (I think they are better for skin because they have more antioxidants).

EWWWW!!! Nasty cream!!! Makes you break out like crazy cuz of that castor oil which also makes the cream super HARD and unspreadable! I think 'Dear John' would not be impressed by a zit-filled face on his girl... continued >>

on 12/27/2005 7:52:00 PM

good for nite time use for normal to dry skin type! good for fall and winter months. too greasy for summer time!

on 11/18/2005 9:32:00 PM

Living in a dramatic climate (Toronto, Canada), this product was decent for the cold winters when my face needed heavy moisturizer, but crappola in the summer when it didn't.
I'm a combination skin person and found that, when using this product, I broke out like a teenager during puberty.
The smell is fantastic and the product, certainly, makes your skin soft and supple, however, for me, it was a no-go.
I hadn't used it for a week, and I decided to moisturize with it last night. This afternoon, I noticed a fresh new zit on my face.
This product is good for people with dry skin.
The price (for me) is a bit expensive, but if it works, I suppose it's worth spending the money.
I just won't be dropping the dollaz again.

on 11/7/2005 11:35:00 PM

kind of expensive. but okay cream. not bad...

on 11/7/2005 8:19:00 PM

Amazingly cute packaging and image behind it. Benefit seriously has the best marketing time and time again. Dear John is great, smells terrific, and is super-moisturizing; I always use it before putting on the rest of my makeup! It's a lot heavier than the moisturizers I normally buy for my face, but doesn't feel to heavy.

on 11/5/2005 8:27:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I wrote a review of this almost a year ago- based on a sample I received. I hated it then. I have been recently re-discovering Benefit, and have had much success with products I have tried. So, in the spirit of offering second chances, I asked the MA for a couple samples of this again, and was willing to give it a try again. I am so glad I did- and I promptly bought the full size jar!

Living in Chicago, the weather gets very cold very fast. My skin goes from oily/combo to dry/combo practically overnight. Also, I am 31, and want to keep my skin hydrated to keep away those wrinkles a little bit longer. I found Dear John perfect as my fall/winter moisturizer, or should I say "night cream". I only wear this at night, and I swear I wake up with smooth glowing skin (yay!!). It is definitely too heavy for me to wear during the day, and only a LITTLE bit is needed at night. Too much and it gets too greasy and hard to absorb. I like the smell, but the only thing I do not like is the glass jar. Expensive, yes, but for the amount I use at a time I see this jar lasting a long time. I think due to the lack of SPF and the consistency, Benefit SHOULD market this more as a night cream. I am hoping my wonderful results continue. I wonder if the masterminds of Benefit came on Makeup Alley and took note of the poor reviews on many of their products- because now, every thing I have tried of Benefit I LOVE. See, sometimes second chances are a blessing! I will update if anything changes.

Popular Moisturizers