Redken All Soft Conditioner

Aqua/water, cetearyl alcohol, behentrimonium chloride, elaeis sinensis oil/palm oil, cetyl alcohol, isopropyl alcohol, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, octyldodecanol, sodium PCA, parfum/fragrance, citric acid, chlorhexidine dihydrochloride, argania spinosa oil, argania spinosa kernel oil, arginine, hydrolyzed soy protein, hydrolyzed vegetable protein pg-propyl silanetriol.

on 9/5/2012 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using the Redken conditioner and shampoo for years now and I loved as it as there was nothing that moisturized my hair and made it feel amazing like it but than Redken decides to change the formula and have just Argan oil while the old formula had avocado oil, olive oil and camelina oil in it. The new formula is terrible, it makes my hair feel so dry, tangly and frizzy. Please redken, change back to the old formula. I no longer use the all soft line for my waist length dry curly hair as a result of the crappy new formula.

P.S. Since I've seen others who feel the same way about the new formula, please feel free to contact them on their website and voice your complaints and who knows maybe they will change back to their old formula if there is enough complaints. I certainly complained and now I'm waiting for them to contact me and see what they have to say about the reason for the new crappy formulation.

on 9/2/2012 10:47:00 AM

I hate the neww formulation! When I started the new bottle, my hair was immediately dry and brittle, and it fell out a lot more than it used to. Why do these companies always have to change a good thing? Sally doesn't make their version of it anymore either!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

It's alright. I'm sure for certain people, this product is lovely. But my hair demands moisture 24/7 because it's wavy and frizzy, so I prefer my Sebastian Drench.

I do love the honey smell, though. :)

on 8/11/2012 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

**ATTENTION** The OLD All Soft products were incredible and did wonders for my hair. It was honestly the most wonderful shampoo I had ever purchased and used it for years. HOWEVER, now there is a new formula with IPN on it. DO NOT BUY THIS. It absolutely devastated my hair and was even thinking I needed to go buy a multi-vitamin or that something was going on with my health for my hair to suddenly become so dry and coarse. I'm only 24 and I went from having fine beautiful wavy hair to limp, dry, coarse damaged hair that barley even wants to wave anymore. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT, IT HAS BEEN REFORMULATED.

on 8/8/2012 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This expensive ass product did nothing other than making my hair dry and stringy. Suave even works better than this. I was so excited to use this and wanted it to work so badly.

on 7/21/2012 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

If you are somebody with thick hair, frizzy hair, curly hair, or moderately wavy hair do not buy this product. I have heard great reviews of people raving about this product so I bought it hoping it would leave me with soft more manageable hair, it did not. I have thick hair, very wavy and a little frizzy, but this product left my hair even frizzier than before and somehow managed to uncurl my hair leaving a weird mess. I guess that was the detangling part that works for people with non curly hair, but it was a huge mistake for me to buy it. If you have normal to straight hair you could give this product a try and hopefully it will work for you, but it is also very expensive for one small bottle of conditioner.

on 6/4/2012 4:24:00 PM

After having used Davines' Melu shampoo and conditioner for over a year, I decided to give something a little less expensive a try. After first using Redken's All Soft shampoo and conditioner I immediately noticed that my hair looked less weighed down from product, cleaner and very soft as well. I am very happy with this product but I do wish the yummy smell stayed longer on my hair.

on 6/4/2012 6:41:00 AM

My hair : shoulder length, highlighted, fine textured but reasonable amounts of it, dry ends, oily roots, washed daily. Reasonable condition with light damage from highlights and breakage from tying up when wet (I know!). No heat damage as I only heat style max once a month.

I tried this shampoo & conditioner after a disaster with Aussie Miracle Moist & the very disappointing Kerastase Bain Cristallise range, which had been recommended by my stylist.

All Soft & Cristallise are similar in their ideals, softening, moisturising & light protein repair, but their results light years apart. My hair is soft, bouncy, manageable and clean with soft ends, with All Soft (they were still dry & oddly crunchy with Kerastase). Plus, as a bonus, All Soft is much cheaper at less than 10 for 300ml of shampoo ($16 USD approx) & less than 11 for 250ml of conditioner ($17 USD approx), compared to nearly 14 for a smaller 250ml shampoo & nearly 17 for a smaller 200ml conditioner in the Kerastase.

No contest. Redken all the way.

on 6/3/2012 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've used this conditioner for years and it wasn't until I ran out that I realised how good it had been.

Makes my dry highlighted ends shiny and also combs through wet hair really well.

Love Redken products and this is one of their best

EDITED: They have now changed the formula to this product and it is awful. Really thin and runny and doesn't condition hair like the old formula.

I seriously don't get it. They had a winning formula (literally) with the original product and now they change it and it is appalling?

on 5/12/2012 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This review is for the reformulated conditioner. First, let me tell you I have been using the All Soft conditioner for 7 years. It made my hair soft and silky and I didn't need to look for anything else. I just recently bought the reformulated conditioner after running out of my liter. The new formula is terrible!! The ingredients include isopropyl alcohol which is drying. They got rid of the proply glycol, olive oil,and avocado oil- all moisturizing ingredients. I had to use a lot of it to coat my hair in comparison to the old formula. So now my hair is dry and limp. I will not be repurchasing :(