July 26, 2014 | 1428 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - Fructis Sleek and Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 11:13:00 AM More reviews by bapsy

This product is really good, it actually compares to my favorite John Frieda serum. I've been using hair serums for about 11 years now and I've tried all sort of brands, high end and drugstore products and most of them have very thick consistency. It never occurred to me to try this one because the liquid seems so thin, I had tried another product that looked similar in consistency but did not help with frizz just added a little shine. My sister had this one in her bathroom so I tried it out, and it was a very pleasant surprise =) I've used it more frequently now and it works really good, my hair feels smooth and with little frizz, I have medium-long, wavy, thick hair and this liquid can control it very well. I still think that John Frieda serum works better for my hair, but I can find this for half the price and double the amount of product... Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2011 4:13:00 AM More reviews by SkyAlternative

*THIS IS FOR THE FORMULA WITH THE WONDERFUL ARGAN OIL*

I love this product. Argan oil is my go to hair product but finding a drugstore product that contains a decent amount is hard. Many drugstores carry products that only contain a small amount of argan oil but a bunch of other random ingredients.

This product has argan oil listed as the THIRD ingrident. I was shocked at that AND the price- $5-6. It's crazy because some drugstore products have argan oil products for around $7-10!!! And those products only have a small amount!

I am NOT a fan of the shampoo and conditioner that go with this product. Using all 3 was okay but I had MUCH better results by using a different shampoo + condition with this serum. Honestly, I'd say use a different shampoo and conditioner- whatever is your favorite.

This product with argan oil makes my hair silky and smooth. And it keeps my hair soft between showers (i shower every other day to not dry out skin and hair) so that is a huge plus.

Another plus is that, unlike other serums, you can add this to dry hair and it makes it soft and shiny. MANY serums claim that you can use them on dry hair but when you do it makes your hair weighed down and tangly. Not this product! Wet or dry, it's great.

I was NOT a fan of the original formula of this but I love it now that it added argan oil. It's a HUGE step up and of course I will buy again!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by ubergem18

This product surprised me. It really does make my hair 'sleek & shine' without weighing it down. I have very fine, frizzy hair WITH breakage -_-
No other shine serum would provide the moisture and silkiness my hair needs like THIS product. Absolutely reccomend it! Been using it for a year with no complaints! I didn't give it 5 lipsticks because well, it doesn't smell like my favorite scent, mango =p

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is the real deal! It sleeked and shined without weighing my hair down. Moreover, the ingredient list is impressive. Hope they don't cheapen it later.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Lex29

This is AMAZING. It doesn't weight my hair down, makes it SILKY & SOFT! And shiny. It's pretty cheap too. I also love that its more liquid-y, than thick, if you know what I mean. I will def repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 3:22:00 AM More reviews by mzlovely

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Holy grail product, this product is just that, holy. It does a holy job of making your hair silky. My hair is DRY just sooo dry and this stuff makes my hair silky smooth. When it means silky, it means SILKY.
I swear to you this stuff is as good as it gets.

This thing does what I tried finding in leave-conditioners, which I never did and never could. This smoothes my hair and leaves it baby soft. I really love it and this product will instantly make you a long term customer with just one use, as it made me.

Best stuff Ive ever tried. I wish for every dry hair gal to try this, because this is what they're missing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

This has replaced my Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream and John Frieda serum as my go-to protectant for my long, thick hair, for a couple of reasons. One, it's cheap (approximately $5 CAD for a bottle that lasts me many, many months, in comparison to $15 for the John Frieda, which lasts me only a couple of months). Two, it works incredibly well.

When I use this on wet hair and leave my hair to air dry, it's as if I've used nothing at all. But my hair is like that - frizz city. It definitely requires heat to tame it. But when I use this before blow drying, it smoothes out my strands like no other. It really seals it, but never weighs it down, although I'm careful to use only a couple of dime sized drops, rub it between my palms, and work it through the bottom section of my hair. Doing this ensures silky, frizz free hair, all day long, regardless of weather and humidity levels.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 6:59:00 PM More reviews by TryHonesty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is for the new formulation with Argan Oil.

Love Paul Mitchell Super Skinny but dont love the price? Get this. It works just as well as Paul Mitchell!

it does what it says. makes your hair silky, shiny and lovely! (and it didn't weight down my hair) and unlike the leave in conditoning creme from the same sleek and shine line, this didn't leave my hair smelling like puke and gross looking!

Plus Argan Oil on the ingrediant list is 3rd.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2011 11:04:00 AM More reviews by sarahann1994

I love this frizz serum! I have been using this for about 2 years now, everytime I flat iron my hair. It makes my hair shiny and smooth, yet not oily. I do not suggest this to anyone with naturally oily hair because it does make your hair oily faster. I love this smell and the little pump bottle. I will always repurchase this!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2011 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Joplu2003

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this item because it is an "anti-frizz serum," however, I find that this product doesn't really help much in terms of frizz control. On a positive note, it does seem to make my hair softer and slightly silkier. Overall, this is an okay product for its price.