October 22, 2014 | 2006 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by HappyMummy09

My husband bought me this for X-Mas and bought the wrong Chanel. He bought this instead of Chanel Chance which I love. Chanel N 5 seriously smells like an old lady... I hate this perfume..

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by shopaholick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was given this as a gift - I usually buy sweet scents for myself- this is a lovely smell and can be a signature scent for those who love it- I found it to be multi dimensional and not a flat cheapy fragrance- but it was far too soapy for me- initially I thougt that it was for the mature audience but it can be good for everyone (not sure if many teens would like it though as it is so strong\0. The smell is too strong and soapy for me-overall great smell but being a fan of sweeter fragrances it wasn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by SickSexFix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Add me to the list of ladies (and gents?) that LOVE the iconic No. 5 fragrance. I even have a huge framed poster of Marilyn Monroe holding a bottle of it in my bedroom :D
When I was younger (and stupid..) I foolishly sold a full size bottle of this on eBay because I didn't like it. (My aunt gifted it to me). I sincerely regret it! It's now one of my favorite perfumes.
I think it smells classy and not at all old lady like but I can see how many people would think that. In the beginning and especially if overused it can smell heavy and oriental? like but I make sure to use it only sparingly during the day as it has the potential to knock you over. I love how it dries down to a nice powdery smell. Definitely still a classic.
If my review helped you, click yes below!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by kaakim

Very disappointed at the smell.....

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by stephanielin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Grey

My absolute favorite fragrance! I'm 25 and wear this everyday. It it's not an old lady scent...it is pretty and sophisticated. If you think this is old lady smelling, I'm going to assume you haven't smelled estee lauder youth dew!!

9 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Thugluvgrl187

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Through the years I had always heard the name of this perfume come up. Finally the other day I decided to go into Dillard's and saw the bottle and smelled. OMG that is OLD LADY in a bottle for real. It stunk so bad and was so strong. I could not see anyone young wearing this. Maybe someone in their 80's.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by tamerella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff smells horrible! I was so excited to smell it at the Chanel counter, I wanted to gag. The only reason I ever wanted to smell it was because Marilyn Monroe wore it. I wish she could have picked something better because I definitely don't see anyone under 50 wearing this. The smell is so strong....it reminds me of those old ladies who over do it in church. I don't care that this is a "classic" it smells cheap and awful.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Willow111

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just a quick comment. If you are spraying this Chanel No5 Parfum on you do not have Chanel No5 Parfum. It does not come in a spray.
If I am wrong, please someone correct me because I have never seen it.

I must admit it is not for everyone. Just be sure what you are reviewing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by putu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Elegant ,classic,pricey but I love it

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Kat308

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great classic, timeless frangrance. Used many over the years but always come back to this. Jean-Paul Gaultier is my 1st fav and Chanel is a close second. I will never be without these 2. Both are feminine and sexy-also long lasting. This review is for the Premier #5. A bit lighter than the regular Chanel #5.