April 16, 2014 | 973 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by daniellejmckenzie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this...pricey, but no complaints. Sophisticated smell. Not everyone can handle the heaviness of it, and there is a time and place to wear it. Apply sparingly. =)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Angelsweet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This scent is absolutely repulsive. I was once in an elevator with a woman who wore Ch no.5 and the air was stifling from the perfume. I literally almost threw up. I always know when someone was wearing it whenever I start sneezing or feel like gagging. The smell is way too overpowering and it gives me a migraine. The scent is as putrid as the spray that comes out of a skunk's bottom.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by IoanaSiAtat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

From what I can see from the reviews, this is a perfume for more mature ladies, let's say. I personally couldn't wear it (and it's not because No.5 lovers have the gift of sophisticated scent, while the others are just some poor owners of a nose, let's be realistic) because IT DOES HAVE the scent of OLD. If "old" could be a perfume, it would definitely be Chanel no. 5. I'm not saying it as a bad thing, old comes with history, power etc. but, to me, it just doesn't contain any of the scent of the time we live in. I love Chance Fraiche, Mademoiselle, hell, I even like Allure Sensuelle, which also has a bit of a rusty flavour, but No. 5 is simply unbearable. I've come to think that many of us get carried away by the brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 4:52:00 AM More reviews by vickyplum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I started wearing No. 5 when I was in my early 20s (so much for it being for old ladies!). I only ever wear one fragrance (as a signature) at any given point in my life and after several years I branched out and used other scents. Many years of Jean Paul Gaultier, a couple of Lancome Tresor and several of Bvlgari Blv Notte. Now I'm back with my first love - No. 5. I don't think I'll ever stray again. I wear it day and night, in jeans or dressed up. Everyone in my life says whenever they smell it they think of me. Oddly enough, I've never known any other women who wear it, so despite it being one of the most popular perfumes in the world I feel that it is uniquely mine. Anyone who thinks it isn't sexy is missing the point of perfume. It's the woman who is sexy, not her fragrance. No. 5 is stylish, soft, warm and incredibly feminine. It makes me want to nuzzle myself ..... And my (much younger!) bf adores it!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Aurorales

Classic. Beautiful.
I have had a bottle of this on my dresser since I was 16 years old. I will never be without it.
Old lady fragrance my foot. This is a beautifully put together fragrance.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by princesshorn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Not my favorite perfume, but I see why it's a classic. It makes me feel beautiful and feminine while wearing it. Price is crazy as with all Chanel stuff, but that is typical. If I had the money to spend a lot on perfume I'd buy it more often.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2012 7:48:00 AM More reviews by priyankasukhija

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Got this product as a gift, it smells good, but does not last long or different what so ever. Did not like the packing, never gets over. Will try something else once this is over.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2012 7:43:00 AM More reviews by LaCaramelShortbread

I hate this perfume. It doesn't smell glamourous or anything of the sort! It smells like very cheap soap!
Not nice.
Ladies don't waste your money. If you really want to smell like cheap soap, buy charlie blue, it smells exactly the same but is $50 cheaper

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by aqua76239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I remembered smelling this when I was 18 or so and I thought it was awful. Well, now I am 40 and this scent still doesn't thrill me. What is the reason? It does have some of my favorite notes but combined together is not so great. First, it smells rich and spicy-ok, I can handle it. If it stayed this way for the duration, I could understand the worldwide appeal. However, once the aldehydes come out its all over and this smells like dusty library books(I tested it on a paper strip).
Perfume is very subjective and everyone likes different scents and notes however, this perfume has been overhyped from here till Sunday. One of the reasons why its been popular its the brand name Chanel behind it and the second, because Marilyn Monroe wore this. And of course, everytime you open any magazine you will hear about how its classic, iconic or a symbol of class. When this was first made, it was rather revolutionary because this scent used aldehydes but now, aldehydes is not new or different.
If you like it, more power to you. I just don't think this is the greatest scent that was ever made

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by GyaruNeko

I got this because it's Chanel 5. The name says it all. I love it at first but then after awhile I started to dislike the smell. I feel like it's too strong and makes me older.

I wouldn't go for this again in the near future.