September 19, 2014 | 2053 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by SickSexFix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Add me to the list of ladies (and gents?) that LOVE the iconic No. 5 fragrance. I even have a huge framed poster of Marilyn Monroe holding a bottle of it in my bedroom :D
When I was younger (and stupid..) I foolishly sold a full size bottle of this on eBay because I didn't like it. (My aunt gifted it to me). I sincerely regret it! It's now one of my favorite perfumes.
I think it smells classy and not at all old lady like but I can see how many people would think that. In the beginning and especially if overused it can smell heavy and oriental? like but I make sure to use it only sparingly during the day as it has the potential to knock you over. I love how it dries down to a nice powdery smell. Definitely still a classic.
If my review helped you, click yes below!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by kaakim

Very disappointed at the smell.....

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by stephanielin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Grey

My absolute favorite fragrance! I'm 25 and wear this everyday. It it's not an old lady scent...it is pretty and sophisticated. If you think this is old lady smelling, I'm going to assume you haven't smelled estee lauder youth dew!!

9 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Thugluvgrl187

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Through the years I had always heard the name of this perfume come up. Finally the other day I decided to go into Dillard's and saw the bottle and smelled. OMG that is OLD LADY in a bottle for real. It stunk so bad and was so strong. I could not see anyone young wearing this. Maybe someone in their 80's.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by tamerella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff smells horrible! I was so excited to smell it at the Chanel counter, I wanted to gag. The only reason I ever wanted to smell it was because Marilyn Monroe wore it. I wish she could have picked something better because I definitely don't see anyone under 50 wearing this. The smell is so strong....it reminds me of those old ladies who over do it in church. I don't care that this is a "classic" it smells cheap and awful.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Willow111

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just a quick comment. If you are spraying this Chanel No5 Parfum on you do not have Chanel No5 Parfum. It does not come in a spray.
If I am wrong, please someone correct me because I have never seen it.

I must admit it is not for everyone. Just be sure what you are reviewing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by putu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Elegant ,classic,pricey but I love it

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Kat308

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great classic, timeless frangrance. Used many over the years but always come back to this. Jean-Paul Gaultier is my 1st fav and Chanel is a close second. I will never be without these 2. Both are feminine and sexy-also long lasting. This review is for the Premier #5. A bit lighter than the regular Chanel #5.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by letsgobananas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bloody expensive but it's a Chanel classic so I guess it's worth it. I'm not sure why but sometimes I get headache if I smell a particular fragrance for hours but No. 5 is one of the few fragrances that doesn't cause me to get a headache. Love the fragrance although for me it does wear off quite easily. Quite surprised to see the ratings at only 3+ because No. 5 IS THE BEST SHIT ON EARTH I LOVE IT.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2012 3:54:00 AM More reviews by Anda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've always considered No 5 one of the most misrepresented scents in the world. I've never been able to come to terms with it being marketed as a bombshell "sexy" scent dripping with glamor and money.

I'm mostly ambivalent to it and prefer Bois des Iles, Coromandel and No 19 from the Chanel stable, BUT imagine my shock today when I asked my husband what (out of the hundreds in the past year or two) he would say was the nicest fragrance he'd smelt so far, and he said without hesitating, "Chanel No 5". Shocked, because unlike many other fragrances, he'd never made any comment about No 5 before.

Strangely enough, his reason was not that it was overtly sexy or even particularly distinctive; but he specifically liked that while it was pleasant to smell, it doesn't invite comment and is a "polite, classy" scent that allows ME to take center-stage and say who I am, instead of having my fragrance say it for me.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No