Chanel No.5

3.5

on 10/16/2013 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I absolutely adore the bottle and the color. Whenever I see it, I always think of really expensive and luxurious whiskey. It is so classy. Because of the bottle, I always want to buy it but I restrain myself because whenever I test this on my skin, I feel like it is too mature for me. sigh.. I really wish I could like this. lol.

on 10/8/2013 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I found a bottle of this and decided to use it up. I liked it so much that I bought a new bottle. It was crazy expensive. Still, I really like this scent. For whatever strange reason, only older classic fragrances smell good on me. Whenever I try something more modern, they turn unpleasant on me. The bottle that I got is really pretty too. I love looking at it on my dresser.

on 8/24/2013 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

as stated here already, this is a fragrance for real women. A few years ago i couldn't pull this of. Now That i'm nearly 30, married and have kids, having a carrier, it fits me perfectly! it's soft, not too heavy, floral and clean with a hint of mystery... this smells everything but old lady! :)

on 8/6/2013 7:02:00 AM

Too floral.
Smells "old".

I got a small sample bottle of this when I bought some Chanel skincare products. Omg it smells terrible to me. Overrated. I remember trying a bit from the bottle on my older sister's dressing table once a few years back, and i hated it then too. I thought now that i was a bit older i might find it nicer, but NO it still smells horrid. And it smells like a very artificial, trying-to-hard woman might wear it.

Btw I've seen a poll done on men and Chanel No 5 was one of their most hated scents. Dior Poison was there too. :p

(I'm not trying to be rude or anything. Perfume smells different on different pple depending on how it reacts with your body chemistry. So possibly it smells great on some ladies.)

on 7/18/2013 7:35:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

This is a fragrance for real women, not little girls ;)

on 7/1/2013 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Well this might be a little unfair review because it's not me who own this perfume, but my mother.. Eventhough she LOVE IT and I think it smells lovely on her, I absolutly hate it on myself. Think it's a fragrance for older women :)

on 5/29/2013 12:46:00 AM

I feel this scent has a resemblance to baby powder. A really expensive baby powder. I am not too much of a fan, especially being 20 years old. I believe it's because I do feel it's more suited an older, mature woman. It's something my mother or grandmother would wear. Probably something I would wear in another 20 years time.

on 5/18/2013 7:59:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I smelt this on tester in David jones and nearly yacked on the spot!, and my bf agreed it was horrid, this tops my list of the worst smelling perfume I have ever smelt. Yuck

on 5/13/2013 8:56:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

As one of the world's favourite scents, I've had many encounters with this perfume - of course I have. It was one of the first to use aldehydes - a game changer. And it was supposed to smell clean, and yet have a touch of sexiness, thus rendering it able to bridge the gap between overly flowery perfumes, and the kinky ones used by those of the "demi-mondaine".

When I tried a spray of it my boyfriend told me (after I tried convincing him that it smelled awesome) that I smelled like a soapy papertowel - you know the kinds you get at cheap chinese restaurants?
And I agree - I smelled like cheap soap even after a long time. After getting a second opinion to confirm that the perfume did NOT smell good, I've decided to not purchase it.

Popular Fragrances