April 16, 2014 | 1615 users online

Blush - NARS - Angelika

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2010 12:55:00 AM More reviews by shihmei

I really like this blush. I compared the three pink blushes from Nars and would rate them as follows: Angelika and Mata Hari are very similar in color. Angelika is lighter than MH and has glitter. Both are very similar in color though MH has a touch of rose when applied to my skin, slightly less cool. Both are cool pinks. Desire is the third and is a bubblegum pink. My favorite is Angelika!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 1:38:00 PM More reviews by gigiberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to get this in a swap because I love NARS blushes and had been lusting after this one in particular. However, I swapped it away because 1: Angelika (not only in the pan but also on me) looked too "teenybopper" on me because of the glitter particles and I would probably only wear it for a night out in Vegas, etc. Just couldn't justify keeping it for those few nights a yr that I want to look really sparkly! 2: On my NC15 skin it leaned a touch reddish in color. I prefer MAC's pink swoon for a very similar yet matte and less red shade.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2010 1:08:00 AM More reviews by phogirl

This is a beautiful color no doubt and I have seen Angelika look GORGEOUS on plenty of people from photos on-line. Personally, it doesn't suit my skintone. I'm nc20 with yellow undertones and peaches flatter me much more while pinks clash with my skin. I'm giving it a 3 star rating only due to my personal preference; it doesn't suit me. However, it still is a very beautiful blush that is extremely pigmented and gorgeous. I bought into the whole "look like a porcelain doll" thing and that's the reason why I purchased it. It's just way too cool and too pink for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2010 1:35:00 PM More reviews by AngelOnFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was very cautious of buying Angelika, even after seeing it in person. I swatched it on the back of my hand, and went 'uhhh... no'. It was way too glittery for my liking. Flash forward a few weeks, and I bought it together with other items for a laughable price. I figured that if I didn't like it, I could always swap it or give it away whilst consoling myself with the other items in the set. Well, I'm glad that wasn't neccessary, though!

Whoever said that the aftermath of the application of this blush looks like being attacked by angry fairies (or something along those lines) must have piled this blush on like there's no tomorrow. Granted, if you do that, you will look ridiculous. However, with common sense, a steady hand and cautious application, the results are nowhere near that. All I do is dip my blush brush (NARS Yachiyo, by the way :-)) gently into the pan, tap the excess off, and apply it along my cheeks. I repeat if neccessary, but more is less with Angelika, since this blush is incredibly pigmented. Mind you, I'm no fan of glitter, so if any larger chunks of it hang on for dear life to my skin, I just brush them away. Easy.

The result? Wonderfully, glowy, fresh looking cheeks. The blush is a cool, matte pink, which suits my very fair skin perfectly. And the glitter? Barely noticable! It simply looks like slightly larger flecks of shimmer, spaced sparsely on your cheeks. I like textures that are matte, satin, shimmery or at most frosty, but this is something entirely new for me. Glitter that is subtle and subdued... The finish of Angelika is pretty, not overdone.

I have to credit this blush with sparking my interest in glitter. Whilst I was really unsure of it in the beginning, it makes me want to try other blushes with a similar, or even bolder finish (NARS Super Orgasm, I'm looking at you!). If your method of application is right, then this is a product that really can't be faulted for much!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2010 1:04:00 PM More reviews by portalhop

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Looks different in the pan than it does on my skin. It looks glittery, very pink-blue based in the pan, but more shimmery and peach on my skin. With that said, I like this blush. It's great for highlighting my cheekbones, and it looks natural, even with shimmer. I'm not sure if I would buy this again (I originally wanted "Thrust" by Illamasqua, but my Sephora didn't carry it and a SA talked me into this blush instead), but it's a pretty color.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 4:06:00 AM More reviews by lillylou2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Woah!...this is flippin smack you in the face PINK with SUPER glitter.
I about look like I was assaulted by a pack of pissed off pixies...not so great for fair skinned girls.
Sorry Nars

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by niseixtenshi

Angelika is such a pretty blush! Even though it looks a bit frightening from looking at the pan...it's actually a soft pink shade that is very wearable. I would compare this to a look one would get after being in the cold or snow. This was a great purchase for me!!

EDIT: I've been using this daily since I got it. I absolutely love this blush. HG!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2010 1:19:00 PM More reviews by rockfashionglam

Everything about this blush is great. Awesome pigmentation, looks great on most skin tones, has nice sparkle to it, great color to wear when you want that extra pop!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2010 3:09:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

This is one of my fav new blushes. It's a cotton candy pink with alot of silver shimmer. The pigmentation is great and I never have to re-apply. I personally love a shimmery blush and this gives the perfect pink cheek. The shimmery does not really show up on my skin at all tho. Just like other NARS products it's a tad pricey but I would def re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by dolce_1127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

While I agree Nars blushes have the best pigmentation and longest lasting power (which are the 3 lippies), this colour is just off. It looks gorgeous in the pan, a blue-based cold pink. For years I have tried to find a pink to balance off the little bit of warm red flush on my cheeks, but obviously, everything turns peach on me. Then I thought that blue based pinks are probably my best opt. Wrong. This blush turns purple-red on me. Blu-ish red, so I literally look like I either have a fever, overdosed on purple blush, or just got slapped in the face, BOTH SIDES. I think this will either work for extremely pale skin (like literally white, with a pink undertone, and use a light hand), or it will work on darker skintones. For me, I am very pale but still not pale enough for this. I hate peach pinks because everything turn peach on me anyway. But peachy pinks are the only thing that works for me. So naturally, Orgasm gives me a GORGEOUS sunny glow, YEAR round. But you know how it is ladies, if you find that something won't work for you, you keep trying to make it work. Looks like my hunt for the perfect cotton-candy pink (on my cheeks, not in the pan) blush is still a long way from its end.