December 21, 2014 | 1644 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - The Body Shop - Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2010 9:47:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Wow, I'm really impressed. My go-to makeup remover for the past few years has been Yves Rocher's dual phase Express Cleanser, but lately I've been wanting to stray, hoping there was something that would remove every last trace without needing a second cotton pad with more remover. Well, The Body Shop Gentle Camomile Makeup Remover does just that. It's not oil-based, the feel of it is like soapy water. Amazingly, it does not sting my eyes at all, even when I keep my eyes open and work along the bottom lash line. One cotton pad takes off every last bit of makeup, it's pretty unbelievable. I'm feeling a little nostalgic at the thought of giving up my beloved YR makeup remover, but I may do just that.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2010 7:59:00 AM More reviews by bunyipgirl

I quite like this product. I had a oil-water make up remover before, and it left my eyes feeling greasy and stinging. This one is much more gentler, and I can get under my lashes without my eyes crying out in pain. You do have to squeeze out a fair bit to get it working though, because the pad tends to absorb it. But it does the job, and doesn't leave me with raccoon eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2010 11:35:00 AM More reviews by MACuplover111

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this product thinking that it would be as gentle as it said, and that it would remove my eye makeup easily. When I first used it, I noticed that it removed my eye makeup, except for my mascara. The mascara was not waterproof, but it still would not come off. While trying to get the mascara off, I noticed that a few lashes would fall off too. Also, when I am wiping off my eye makeup, some of the makeup remover will get into my eyes. My eyes will start to water and become red/irritated. The packaging is fine, but when I tilt it upside down, the product will come pouring out of the bottle quickly. When this happens, the product usually leaks through my cotton pad, and onto my bathroom floor or counter. A pro about this product is that it is non oily, like it says on the bottle. I have used some makeup removers that say that they are oil free, but they have a very oily consistency.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 1:38:00 AM More reviews by loveforsocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is alright. You have to apply a good bit and dab at your eyes for a while before it gets all the makeup off, but it does the trick. However, I wouldn't call it "gentle." It does frequently sting my eyes and leaves them feeling a little dry. I'd buy it over other makeup removers just because it's cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by rachelmariew

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best eye makeup remover out there. It did a great job at removing all my eye makeup, but is very gentle at the same time. It feels organic and not at all oily as alot of other eye makeup removers feel. The price is a little steep, but a bottle will last you a good 6 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 6:27:00 PM More reviews by ReiKoko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this product a few years back and fell in love with it straight away. It always removed my eye make up effectively without irritating or burning/stinging effects. Since my last bottle ran out, I've tried other brands, and they were either TOO gentle (hardly took any mascara off), or they stung my eyes. This is, by far, the best eye make up remover I've used. I gave the price a 3 because it's a little pricey, but considering the quality of the product itself, it may be worth the price. I recently bought another bottle, and can't wait to ditch the eye make up remover I'm using now.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2010 6:33:00 PM More reviews by piyo1717

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I hear so many YT gurus rave about this makeup remover, and I liked The Body Shop products in general, but have never tried their makeup or skincare products. So I thought to give this a try, the sales lady claims it removes waterproof makeup, even mascara and it's one of their bestseller. In fact, there was only 1 bottle left on when I went, so I grabbed it right the way.

It barely removed my mascara, and I wasn't even wearing waterproof. So I tried again with a waterproof mascara and same thing.... And it does sting my eye a little. Would not be repurchasing this, wish I could get a refund for my barely used bottle. I'll stick to my Lancome Bi-Facial.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2010 12:32:00 AM More reviews by mustbeyv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i got this product because i was running low on my laneige eye makeup remover and i wanted to save some for my trip and the body shop was also having a buy 2 get 1 free promotion so i was looking around. i just wanted to try their starter kit because they were easy and travel sized but then my friend wanted to get one too so i was like good then i can get this free haha. the sales lady said its mostly camomile oil so i was kind of worried because i hate oily stuff but when i tried it it wasnt oily so im decided to go with it. it has a smell thats kind of like alcohol but not really and it doesnt sting my eye, the sales lady said its the only remover that doesnt sting her eyes as well. compared to my laneige, i think this remover is kind of refreshing because its not half oil half something else, but you do have to whipe your eyes longer and more often because oily is easier at melting the makeup away. so i have to press the cotton ball against my eyes for a few seconds longer but its fine

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2010 7:43:00 AM More reviews by edk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hate it. It burns my eyes.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by babyintense

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Stung my eyes HORRIBLY... How can an eye makeup remover STING your eyes?