July 23, 2014 | 1997 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Pure Poison

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2009 7:52:00 PM More reviews by aislingloughran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is definitely my favourite perfume. Is perfect for a night out and people always comment how lovely it is. After spraying it on it lasts for ages. Its very feminine and a slightly heavier scent than some others which makes it perfect for evening time. The bottle is also quite lovely

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2009 1:02:00 AM More reviews by belle8485

LOVE IT. i've only owned the little mini bottles (it doesn't take much!) but i've always had some on hand for the last few years now. it's perfect for a night out!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2009 4:12:00 AM More reviews by caradiangela

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was a late discovery of mine. I already knew the other poisons and didn't like them too much. Weird enough, I never got to try this one. But now I did, and I fell for it big time! Imo, it is a very lovely fragrance, easy but complex, innocent but with a twist. It's fresh and uplifting, with warmth, depth and a darker side to it too. I really like to wear this, as it makes me feel more confident and feminine. My bf also really likes it, as many men do I suppose, because it can be a quite seductive scent in a way. All in all this beautiful fragrance (my first one from Dior!) suits me like a glove and I know I will wear it for many more years.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2009 2:18:00 PM More reviews by MondKindNana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i really love this perfume. i tried it once when i was in sephora, and it is strong in the intial spray but after a bit it blended nicely with my natural oils and gave a soft, yet strong fragrance behind, its the only one i like amongst the poison- collection

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2009 11:44:00 AM More reviews by pmnixa

I came across a sample of this and it's so horrrible! The initial scent is very strong, and it dries down to a gross musky scent. It almost makes me sick. I definately like the Hypnotic Poison better, but HP's dry down isn't that great either. I think my new curiosity with the Poisons just ended.

In the dry down with the Pure Poison I smell a bit of the same scents that are in Ralph Lauren's Blue, but not as sweet.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2009 9:03:00 AM More reviews by pupiq

It is a nice fragrance for a right person. It has very distinctive character, a 'two faced' one, very very sweet but so very cold.
It is sexy, yet not cosy at all. Strong fragrance with great sillage, very 'look at me' type of scent. When i smell this ithink of my friend who likes to look both innocent and OTT sexy, who has a 'bidimensional' personality. I wouldnt buy it for myself but i like to sniff it very much.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 10:50:00 PM More reviews by spikester

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Warning - This stuff is STRONG!!!! I normally like my fragrances on the strong and noticeable side but this was even too much for me. I sprayed it on this morning and although I thought the scent was very pleasant, I wondered if it smelled too strong. Well, off I go to work and within minutes, a co-worker walks by and says in a very loud voice "Did someone spill tons of perfume in here? It smells so strong." I pretended I didn't hear her but I felt so self-conscious the rest of the day. I even tried washing it off in the restroom but this stuff does not come off! It is now 12 hours later and it is still going strong. So, if you like your perfume so strong that you may kill people in your path, then you will like it. Otherwise, I would stay away!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2009 9:33:00 PM More reviews by jennifer42

This one opens heavy and stays heavy on my skin, and I agree with the reviewer saying "it doesn't go anywhere." Sweet, heavy floral with a purple candy undertone. Sadly, with my chemistry this perfume reminds me of an older women trying to fit in at a younger person's singles bar.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2009 7:52:00 PM More reviews by chocolatemartini

I tried this on at the store and the initial smell was great so i bought it. However the next day I wore it to work and after a few hours the residual smell really overwhelmed me. It is a very strong smell! So strong that I developed a very bad headache after and it made me feel nauseas the whole day. I get the shivers everytime I think of that episode.

Its a residual smell similar to what I get with Burberry Brit. It probably varies from person to person depending on how the fragrance reacts with your body's heat and smells etc but I have a very keen sense of smell and the after smell was way too overpowering. I would describe the after smell as having a bitter, suffocating taste of something that's poisonous. Maybe that's why its "pure poison"?? I don't know I may be allergic to an ingredient or something. I am not being melodramatic, almost had to take sick leave because I felt so terrible from this perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2009 8:10:00 PM More reviews by ssunmim

This is my go to perfume. I LOVE Dior perfumes and have quite the collection but this one smells like flowers from my home country and I really love that. It works really well with my body chemistry and comes off as sweet at first but then richer and more spicy as the day goes on. I know this perfume does not work on everyone, so try it on before purchasing it. It smells nice on me, but on my sister its not as nice. It is the opposite with J'dore which smells much better on her. I absolutely adore this perfume.