September 19, 2014 | 990 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 10:01:00 AM More reviews by CanadaGirlToo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this primer, and will not go without it. I have very oily lids, and without primer my eye-shadow is in a single cease of colour after about three hours and non-waterproof mascara is beneath my eyes. With this primer, my eye makeup stays on all day.

I really like the way the tube dispenses, and I feel I have great control over the amount. My only complaint is that I feel the tube has a few too many threads, taking a noticeably long time to open and close.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by girlygirl8705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Words cannot quite express how much I love this product. A little goes a long way and it lasts forever if you only use a small amount. Using a small amount seems to be the best tactic with this product. Anyways, it is incredibly effective in keeping eye shadow from creasing and actually staying on. It is the best product that I have found to actually do what it claims in this department. The intensity of eye shadow may fade a little over the course of an entire day but it will still look great. And I literally use this stuff almost everyday. HG without a doubt.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Raquel89

I've used this for years, I guess cause I've just been to lazy to find a better one lol! It basically does what it says, but it leaves like crusty flakes on my eyelid mainly under my brow. I used to think it was my skin but now i'm sure its not! Does anyone else have this problem?

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2014 4:56:00 AM More reviews by liliyana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

As someone who has somewhat oily eyelid, this eyeshadow primer potion is one of the things that will be in my everyday makeup bag. This primer, somehow, makes the eyeshadow color pop up!I am wearing this potion with or without eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by jamiedorey95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hands down the absolute best primer I've ever used. I don't even try other primers anymore because I'm so convinced nothing can rival this one. I think the packaging is adorable, I love the lavender color and the cute silver screw-on cover. You only need a TINY amount of product, like practically microscopic, to cover your entire lid and browbone. I even use this on my brows if I'm going to be filling a bold brow, it keeps the product in place perfectly. This stuff keeps my eyeshadow on all day, has zero creasing, and makes the colors SO vibrant! Seriously, I've done the test of using the primer potion on one eye and not the other, and the difference was remarkable. I felt like I could barely see the eyeshadow on the lid without primer. I've had my tube of this stuff for almost 6 months, and it still looks full, like I just bought it today. This will always be my go-to eye primer!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by kanastarr

I have enjoyed this product since the packaging had a wand applicator. I can pull all nighters and some nights I fell asleep with it on and it will still keep my eyeliner in place. For me that is a big deal as I have monolid and my eyelids get greasy. It is a bit pricey so I do use it sparingly and when it isn't a special occassion I just use a different cheaper alternative, but for my go to on a night where I am going to be out I definitely turn to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by patootiecutie1988

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I work midnights, so I usually put my makeup on around 2:30 pm before I pick my kids up from school, then I might snooze a little before going into work for 11. My first test with it I couldn't believe how well my eyeshadow held up. By 2 am (12 hours), I looked in the mirror and barely a crease! My foundation had melted off hours before but my eyes still looks fabulous!

I've tried other eyeshadow primers but always come back to UD!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by darthodis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The only eyeshadow primer that has ever worked for me. I usually work long hours, and I have no time to freshen up my makeup throughout the day. When I wear this, I don't have to worry about creasing or shadow/liner smudging/sliding off right away. I actually tested this, and found out that when applied under a natural smokey eye(using taupes and browns)with liner, it lasted approx. six hours before the shadow started to fade slightly.

Awful packaging though. Both the tube and the one with a doe foot applicator doesn't seem useful. I feel like a lot of product goes to waste. But I guess the tube is the better option.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by maelyn28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is good. I loved it for a long time. It definitely keeps your eyeshadow from creasing and makes the colors show up way more pigmented. My only issue is that on the inner corner of my eye where it gets dry, it has a funny texture. The coverage is decent. The only reason for an average review, is because i found that MAC paint pots work so much better and have amazing coverage. Sometimes I will layer this over a MAC paint pot so that I have the coverage on the lid and then a good base for the eyeshadow to stick to. Overall, good product, just not holy grail.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 5:07:00 AM More reviews by LogicGunn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't imagine ever putting on eye shadow without using this first. This primer has totally revolutionised my make up.

I have deep set eyes and a fondness for matte eyeshadows. Not a good combination: while shimmer shadows are prone to slipping, matte ones are prone to creasing of the extreme kind. This product prevents both slipping and creasing, and when I use it my matte shadows are as flawless when I remove my make up as they were when I applied it. It's easy to see why there are so many lovers of this on here.

It goes on almost invisible, but with enough blurring to mask lid discolouration and veins. It dries into a smooth layer over the lid, and shadow applied on top is easy to make smooth and even, and to blend.

It's important to let it dry first for best effects.

Also, it's important not to over load the layering of the eyeshadow: if you are using a light shade to highlight and a darker shade on the lid, don't use the light one to create a base under the darker-it will start to negate the effect of the primer.

A note about packaging: the old version has a wand which was a nightmare for both hygiene and value (having to cut open a product to get at the last third is not great) but the new one has a needle nosed squeezy tube instead which is so much better.

I couldn't recommend this more if you find your lids cause creasing.