Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

There's nothing too standout about this product- it does the job, it prevents creasing, keeps on eyeshadows, helps with the vibrancy of colour. Great product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One word: Awesome!

After two travel sized tubes i got from sephora, i decided to get the full sized tube of this, since i love it so much. I love how it makes my top lid eyeliner stay on and not transfer to the top of my upper lid and how long my eyeshadow stays perfect. I noticed the difference of when i dont put primer on to when i do. When i dont, the shadow creases and fades, while this baby makes it stay on, not crease and makes the shadow colors pop. I tried a supposed dupe by ELF, which was 2 bucks, but it never made the cut, so this will never be truly duped. Its either this or nothing, and it is this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I received this as an add on with the Ammo palette. I don't think I would actively seek it out personally. It just doesn't work that well for me. I have had exceptionally good luck with the Wet 'n Wild Fergie primer (I think it just works better for my eyelids and especially for my browbones). It does help the longevity on my eyeshadow, however my mascara does transfer to under my eyebrows by the end of the day, especially on days where it is humid.

Amazing, amazing, amazing. When i first started wearing makeup i would use a concealer as an eye primer. My shadows would fade towards noon every day. I picked this up as a travel size at sephora and i fell in love. This is wonderful product that you really can't go wrong with. Recommend this over any eye primer i've ever tried.

This was the very first eyeshadow primer I ever used, and I still try it out now and again when I get samples. I have to say, I don't love it. I don't have particularly oily lids, and even then this sometimes creases on me. It's better than no primer (and better than the NYX base I tried) but my NARS Smudge Proof Eye Shadow Base has me hooked; I can't go back to UDPP after using that. It's not so much what this does do (crease; slightly extend eyeshadow wear) as what it doesn't do (it doesn't provide the slightly tacky base that really adheres to eyeshadow and makes it INTENSE like the NARS does). I also feel like this product separates in the tube after awhile; I'll squeeze some out and it will feel really oily and slick.

I'm shocked so many people give this product rave reviews, so I have to believe it works great for some people. But I wonder how many more have used this just because of how ubiquitous it is; if you're not 100% satisfied with it, I'd urge you to try out some other brands' offerings and see how they fare for you, this isn't the only eye primer out there.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE THIS EYESHADOW PRIMER!!! I have really really oily lids and this primer works like magic on my eyelids! It makes my eyeshadow last for so long, I sometimes I apply it before applying a liquid or gel liner to prevent smudging or creasing and it works pretty great. and you only need a tiny amount to get the job done.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is the first eye primer I have ever purchased when I first started getting serious about wearing make up. And I love it! I continue to go back and get this when I run out. I don't think I will ever try another!

Everything was good with this primer at first. It didn't crease on me or anything. Also colors looked more vibrant. But now a couple months in my lids are getting dry. I'm going to try alternating with a less drying eyeshadow primer and see if I can use up the Urban Decay eyeshadow primer. I didn't change anything else in my makeup routine so I know the Urban Decay eyeshadow primer is the culprit. Since it is drying out my eyelids I will not be repurchasing.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this product but disliked how the bottle was hoarding the product inside which is impossible to get out of. But once you get over that its a great product.

My HG eyeshadow primer! I typically only use UD eye shadows, so I've received numerous times free samples of the primer with many purchases. I notice immediately after applying my lid is smooth, color is even, and the finish is silky, not sticky. I never find it creases at all, even on hot summer days. The application is what makes me really want to use a primer every time. The process is so wonderful, I notice a HUGE difference between the pigmemts and the finish when I use this primer and the application is smooth and flawless. Definitely helps to try to reduce the dreaded UD fallout as well. If you're like me and blend blend like crazy, this stuff will take your eyes to the next level. Also, I've found that this primer works best with any UD shadows. The reason? UD chemists formulate their products to compliment each other. Meaning that this primer is meant to work best with their shadows and vice versa. I've found that one tube of a smaller "travel" size from Ulta lasts me nearly 6 months. It's so worth every penny!

Video Reviews & Tutorials