August 23, 2014 | 1925 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Seanik

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 10:42:00 AM More reviews by naicha

This is the only shampoo that allows me to not wash my hair every day. It lathers up really nicely and leaves my hair feeling squeaky clean and soft. After washing my hair is tangle-free and bouncy, I find it easier to get volume when styling my hair, and it still looks fresh the next day. That being said, I think it might be too harsh for anyone who colours their hair...but my virgin hair really loves it. As for storage, make sure to let it dry after use or it will turn into a slimy mess.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 6:40:00 PM More reviews by typicalgirls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A little background about my hair: I have hair that needs to be washed everyday, or it will get greasy and smelly (like dirty scalp), I also have a very very sensitive scalp, which becomes dry and itchy with a lot of shampooing. This product lathers well and leaves my hair clean and shiny. I find when I use this product, I can get away with not washing my hair everyday. I don't have damaged or color-treated hair and can see how this could strip color out of hair. It has a very subtle and clean scent. As with other lush solid bar products I love the protability and the fact that it's not wasteful.

UPDATE: As much as I loved everything about this shampoo, it started irritating my scalp pretty bad. It also started drying my hair out a bit, making it dull looking. I occasionally use this (no more than once a week), but if I use it regularly I can expect my scalp to get irritated. So, I would recommend this only if you don't suffer from a sensitive scalp.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by xxaceswildxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I personally don't use this because I have color treated hair and I was informed by the SA at the lush store that it will probably strip my hair color, but my bf was interested in it, so I bought it for him.

He has fairly thick wavyish hair. He was looking for something to wash his hair with that didn't smell feminine (apparently he doesn't want to smell like my Godiva shampoo!). He loves the scent of this, fresh & clean. It leaves his hair very soft once dry.

We are both noticing that in a lot of Lush's pucks that while wet our hair feels dry and unmanageable, but once we let it dry it goes to soft hair thats super clean.

He wants to try Karma shampoo puck next, but we will be repurchasing this one for him again soon

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 6:52:00 AM More reviews by Tuts311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I decided to try a shampoo bar as i had heard good things about them and having hair that gets greasy quickly i find products with less chemicals in them work the best for me .. I cant use expensive shampoos my hair gets way to greasy way to quick. Im so glad i tried this my hair is so shiny and full of volume afterwards which is great as i usually have flat straight hair . and no oilys in sight. At the time of buying this i thought it was a bit expensive nearly 8 euro but as i can see from other reviews it should last me a long time and for the job its doing for me its worth every penny ... and so handy if your going away !

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2010 7:26:00 PM More reviews by 1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really love this solid shampoo! First it has my favorite scent...smells exactly like Rub Rub Rub shower gel. it does add volume to my hair and also makes it shine. I love everything about this bar, and would purchase it over and over again. It would be great if they added chunks of conditioner or even made a conditioner in this scent!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 5:16:00 AM More reviews by Thena

My bar has lasted me forever and for big moves between three countries and two continents. It still works fine, but I am starting to think I should just throw it out after almost 1.5 years with it. I think it does the job and I have oily scalp with not too dry ends. I only lather the scalp and condition the ends. I use to follow this up with American Cream Conditionner when I lived near a Lush. What a great combination. I think Seanik is much less harsh than standard shampoos by the bottle, but I do not think it is a miracle product. I hate that SLS in it. The big pro is the packaging. I love the bar and have the tin for it too. Still, if I can't find a good SLS-less shampoo, I wouldn't mind going back to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2010 11:24:00 AM More reviews by wavethrush

I recently decided I was using way too many products in the shower, and wanted to get my haircare regime down to one step. I started looking for a shampoo that would also take the place of conditioner, and I found it in Seanik. I love this shampoo! I have oily roots and dry ends, so I learned a long time ago that the best way to wash is to lather the scalp only and apply nothing to the ends. When you wash Seanik out of your hair, the suds running down will give enough cleansing to the ends. With this shampoo you also want to use just enough to lather, not too much! I would use a few swipes on the scalp and then run your hair under the water a little bit more, then start lathering. The result is bouncy, SHINY (the most important to me) hair that isn't weighed down. I love Seanik because I get everything I need in just one step. Keep in mind though that I don't use any styling products and I have non-colored, fine hair that I air-dry. I've tried other shampoo bars, such as J.R. Liggetts, which was great for not stripping the hair but it didn't give me the shine of Seanik and didn't smell this good! I want to buy everything from Lush that has this light, floral scent!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by bcolei

I love Seanik. On the recommendation of a LUSH store consultant, I bought this to bring on a vacation. I ended up using it as a body wash and it was great for shaving my legs, too. The scent is nice and it left my thin, flat hair very shiny and manageable even without conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2010 5:58:00 PM More reviews by mlilime

I've been using this shampoo with Veganese conditioner for about three years now, and I've been loving every use of it. The little bar lasts me about six months if I keep it in the tin, and just a few rubs on my hair lathers it up ridiculously every time. It smells nice, and it keeps my hair soft and wavy. I was recommended using it in conjunction with Veganese by salesperson at Lush originally because I wanted something that would give more volume and waves to my hair because most things weigh it down too much. I have hair that's in between thin and normal thickness. I've never really had a problem with the seaweed staying in my hair, and I don't color my hair so I can't say anything to that problem. Overall, I love this shampoo and I won't use anything else.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2010 11:17:00 AM More reviews by hulakids

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I’ve just recently become a Lushie convert, after many years of searching, I found two HG skin products at LUSH, which made me eager to see what other products might also be HGs for me. This was not one.
This shampoo bar lathers nicely and has a light citrus scent before and after use.
I was looking for a shampoo that would provide some volume and this did give some volume. Unfortunately, I let it sit on my thin, dry, fine, colored hair and it seemed to strip some color and left my hair extremely stringy and hard to manage. Only after I used lots of conditioner was I able to comb my hair. It did help slightly with softening and addressing the dryness of my hair, but overall not a winner for me. It’s a return for me to try something else…I would not repurchase.

PROs:
Did give some volume
Pleasant smell
Lathers nicely and looks like you can get quite a number of washes
Convenient for air travel
If it doesn’t work for you, it can be returned…

CONs:
Contains Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
Seemed to strip hair color
Made hair extremely stringy, hard to manage