April 21, 2014 | 950 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Seanik

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2010 7:26:00 PM More reviews by 1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really love this solid shampoo! First it has my favorite scent...smells exactly like Rub Rub Rub shower gel. it does add volume to my hair and also makes it shine. I love everything about this bar, and would purchase it over and over again. It would be great if they added chunks of conditioner or even made a conditioner in this scent!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 5:16:00 AM More reviews by Thena

My bar has lasted me forever and for big moves between three countries and two continents. It still works fine, but I am starting to think I should just throw it out after almost 1.5 years with it. I think it does the job and I have oily scalp with not too dry ends. I only lather the scalp and condition the ends. I use to follow this up with American Cream Conditionner when I lived near a Lush. What a great combination. I think Seanik is much less harsh than standard shampoos by the bottle, but I do not think it is a miracle product. I hate that SLS in it. The big pro is the packaging. I love the bar and have the tin for it too. Still, if I can't find a good SLS-less shampoo, I wouldn't mind going back to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2010 11:24:00 AM More reviews by wavethrush

I recently decided I was using way too many products in the shower, and wanted to get my haircare regime down to one step. I started looking for a shampoo that would also take the place of conditioner, and I found it in Seanik. I love this shampoo! I have oily roots and dry ends, so I learned a long time ago that the best way to wash is to lather the scalp only and apply nothing to the ends. When you wash Seanik out of your hair, the suds running down will give enough cleansing to the ends. With this shampoo you also want to use just enough to lather, not too much! I would use a few swipes on the scalp and then run your hair under the water a little bit more, then start lathering. The result is bouncy, SHINY (the most important to me) hair that isn't weighed down. I love Seanik because I get everything I need in just one step. Keep in mind though that I don't use any styling products and I have non-colored, fine hair that I air-dry. I've tried other shampoo bars, such as J.R. Liggetts, which was great for not stripping the hair but it didn't give me the shine of Seanik and didn't smell this good! I want to buy everything from Lush that has this light, floral scent!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by bcolei

I love Seanik. On the recommendation of a LUSH store consultant, I bought this to bring on a vacation. I ended up using it as a body wash and it was great for shaving my legs, too. The scent is nice and it left my thin, flat hair very shiny and manageable even without conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2010 5:58:00 PM More reviews by mlilime

I've been using this shampoo with Veganese conditioner for about three years now, and I've been loving every use of it. The little bar lasts me about six months if I keep it in the tin, and just a few rubs on my hair lathers it up ridiculously every time. It smells nice, and it keeps my hair soft and wavy. I was recommended using it in conjunction with Veganese by salesperson at Lush originally because I wanted something that would give more volume and waves to my hair because most things weigh it down too much. I have hair that's in between thin and normal thickness. I've never really had a problem with the seaweed staying in my hair, and I don't color my hair so I can't say anything to that problem. Overall, I love this shampoo and I won't use anything else.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2010 11:17:00 AM More reviews by hulakids

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I’ve just recently become a Lushie convert, after many years of searching, I found two HG skin products at LUSH, which made me eager to see what other products might also be HGs for me. This was not one.
This shampoo bar lathers nicely and has a light citrus scent before and after use.
I was looking for a shampoo that would provide some volume and this did give some volume. Unfortunately, I let it sit on my thin, dry, fine, colored hair and it seemed to strip some color and left my hair extremely stringy and hard to manage. Only after I used lots of conditioner was I able to comb my hair. It did help slightly with softening and addressing the dryness of my hair, but overall not a winner for me. It’s a return for me to try something else…I would not repurchase.

PROs:
Did give some volume
Pleasant smell
Lathers nicely and looks like you can get quite a number of washes
Convenient for air travel
If it doesn’t work for you, it can be returned…

CONs:
Contains Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
Seemed to strip hair color
Made hair extremely stringy, hard to manage

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2010 12:47:00 PM More reviews by princessmaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Overall, this product is very, very good. My hair is over shoulderlength, highlighted, wavy, fine, flat and can get greasily within a day. But that was before I discovered Seanik! Before I would have to wash my hair daily because it would become flat once I sleep on it, and it gets greasy. Now I can leave me hair for days! (Eww ha :) )
Seanik costs around £4, I think, which seems quite expensive for a shampoo. However, it lasts a long time! You only need to use a few strokes onto your hair.
This product gives me hair volume and thickness. It also has a nice scent which is not too overpowering against any conditioner scent. Most importantly, I notice that Seanik leaves my hair soft and shiny. When I am washing my hair I can feel my hair becoming squeeky clean.
The only one bad thing I would say about this product is that it needs to be stored in a shampoo tin. Sometimes it gets a bit sticky on the edges, but at the end of the day, it only gets wet again so it's not a big issue.
I would encourage people to use this if they have dry, limp and greasy hair. It works a treat. Thanks Lush!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 2:43:00 PM More reviews by DontStpTheMusic7

This is my favorite of the LUSH shampoo bars. I find the smell of it light and appealing, and love the color of the bar. I also love that when the shampoo bar is gone, there is no plastic packaging to dispose of. AWESOME. It cleans my hair without overdoing it, and it leaves a light scent. It travels well in its little tin as well, and lasts a long time for me. I have been purchasing it for a while now, and will continue to do so.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by lemonjump

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It cleans my hair thoroughly and it is very foamy. But one thing that I found is the pieces of seaweed in the bar stays on my hair after using it and I can never wash them off. And it is really hard to store it properly, even though I bought the special tin.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2010 7:09:00 AM More reviews by Thankgoodness4makeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Cheap thrills from the Seanik solid shampoo bar from Lush.

This quirky solid shampoo bar is a cheeky homage to the sea side. It's bright ocean blue in colour and made with sea salt sprinkled with little flakes of seaweed.

It's cute and appealing, love the idea that it's packaging free and good for the environment, however is it good for your hair?

I have to say that as much as I enjoyed lathering up my locks with this sea scented bar of joy, it left my hair feeling totally stripped of natural oils and utterly dry and straw like.

Pretty much like after spending a day at the beach with salt water drying out your hair!!

As fun as a quick fumble behind the beach huts, but will ultimately leave you feeling a bit disheveled, cheap and nasty.