Laura Geller Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation (All Shades)

3.8

Mica, Talc, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (Jojoba), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) (Vitamin E), Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), BHT, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) Extract, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

on 2/12/2012 7:42:00 PM

I've never really had the urge to write a review... until now. Wow! Do I love this foundation! I'm 41 years of age, with combination/acne-prone skin, STILL! At 41, needless to say my 'glow' is not what it used to be. But with this foundation powder, it's back!!! And without looking oily! It's the next step following my sunscreen. And following a day of wear, I still look great!, if I do say so myself! ;) I'm encouraged to try more of her 'baked goodies!' :) Drats, that HSN!!! Hope it works for you, too!!! :)

on 1/23/2012 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The color of this foundation was just off for me (I'm NC30 and I used the regular balance-n-brighten). I have fairly oily skin that tends to get shiny in the middle of the day and I could see the foundation deteriorating as the day progressed. It looked better after a layer of Mally's face defender but for $30+ I expect a foundation that will perform better. This product went back.

on 1/18/2012 4:34:00 PM

I use this peoduct every day. I have pretty fair skin and don't need a lot of coverage. I take a wide powder brush and swirl it all around face. Its is enough coverage to make me look awake and brigthen my skin tone. This is a great product.

on 12/23/2011 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

For the price I am probably not going tp repurchase. It's okay, it is very light but it'a soo light that you really can't see a difference. Does it balance? NO Does it Brighten? NO. I have red on my cheeks and around my nose and it didn't even out the tone of my face. I use it as a setting powder. The good thing is . . this product didn't break me out or look cakey over the other products.

on 12/6/2011 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I tried the balance & brighten in medium that came with the Toast of the Town Kit (you can see my review for that). This powder matched my skin tone perfectly and did not cake on me at all. In fact, I layered it on under my eyes, and this is where most mineral powders will really accentuate any lines under my eyes and make me look 10 years older. Those are the pros for this powder. The major con is that it wears off very quickly. We're talking two hours and that's wearing it over LG's Spackle. At the end of the day, my skin looked naked and hardly ANY color came off on my cleansing cloth. The blush in mimosa also wore off completely just as quick.

on 11/14/2011 11:21:00 PM

Went in to Ulta today because I had been wanting to try this forever. I am fair skinned, oily most of the time, and I religiously use Jergens Natural Glow facial moisturizer, which gives me a nice, slight color. That being said, I think the Fair color matches very well. (If I didn't use the facial tanner, I think this color may be a bit too dark for me) I really love how this powder/foundation is chalky and airy when applied. It really does give me nice coverage, and I can control how much coverage I want in different areas. I use it with my favorite Revlon ColorStay powder in Light/Medium for a very polished look. I am very impressed with this product, and wil continue to use it.

on 11/11/2011 12:35:00 AM

I love this stuff and I love that its made in Italy and not China. It lasts FOREVER. You dont need alot and it buffs great into the skin. I will continue to buy this!

on 10/29/2011 4:49:00 AM

I had really wanted to try this for a long time and finally gave in. I usually use BE matte foundation, which is good, I just wanted to try something new. I got the shade fair and I am about a NC25 and its a perfect match for me. It might be too yellow for people with different undertones. The powder is very fine which is nice, but then there is a lot of fall out, which is not nice. It comes in a dome shape because it baked and there is already a dent in the dome and I've only been using it less than a week. I've worn it for up to 9 hours and it still looked pretty good and I have combo skin. If I had better skin it would be great, because it really does balance. I did not notice any brightening effect. However I have hyperpigmentation and this just does nothing for it. I understand that its not going to be full-coverage, but some days I want a lighter foundation (and I'm in a hurry) and use powder. So in comparison to BE matte and even a Milani powder foundation I have, it does not stack up. It has very little coverage for something that is supposed to be a foundation. My Mac MSFN and Physicians Formula powders, not foundations just powders, have more coverage than this. To sum up, the fall-out factor, little coverage and high-price makes this not worth it (For me at least).

on 9/19/2011 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wasn't a huge fan of this product in the beginning, but now wear it every day. I put some corrective concealer under my eyes, and on blemishes then pat and swipe this over my face with a CoverFX Powder Foundation brush (amazing). And then i add some cream blush over (yes, over the powder). It's great, very finely milled, and not too powdery. I'm a wannabe make up artist and I've done a few friends weddings (and the parties). I use this on them, and it looks great!. If you have really good skin, it would be great just to swirl over and go.

on 9/11/2011 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this! I have it in the color fair,which is a pretty good match for me. I was previously using bare minerals matte which I liked but the coverage wasn't quite good enough for my skin. This provides very good coverage once layered a bit. I have mild rosacea and this covers it without irritating my skin. I have combo skin with a pretty oily t zone and this controls my oil pretty well. I set it w bare minerals SPF 25 mineral veil and it lasts all day! I will definitley repurchase this!