December 22, 2014 | 1711 users online

Powder - Laura Geller - Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation (All Shades)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2011 4:49:00 AM More reviews by jessadores

I had really wanted to try this for a long time and finally gave in. I usually use BE matte foundation, which is good, I just wanted to try something new. I got the shade fair and I am about a NC25 and its a perfect match for me. It might be too yellow for people with different undertones. The powder is very fine which is nice, but then there is a lot of fall out, which is not nice. It comes in a dome shape because it baked and there is already a dent in the dome and I've only been using it less than a week. I've worn it for up to 9 hours and it still looked pretty good and I have combo skin. If I had better skin it would be great, because it really does balance. I did not notice any brightening effect. However I have hyperpigmentation and this just does nothing for it. I understand that its not going to be full-coverage, but some days I want a lighter foundation (and I'm in a hurry) and use powder. So in comparison to BE matte and even a Milani powder foundation I have, it does not stack up. It has very little coverage for something that is supposed to be a foundation. My Mac MSFN and Physicians Formula powders, not foundations just powders, have more coverage than this. To sum up, the fall-out factor, little coverage and high-price makes this not worth it (For me at least).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2011 8:43:00 AM More reviews by leprekaun123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wasn't a huge fan of this product in the beginning, but now wear it every day. I put some corrective concealer under my eyes, and on blemishes then pat and swipe this over my face with a CoverFX Powder Foundation brush (amazing). And then i add some cream blush over (yes, over the powder). It's great, very finely milled, and not too powdery. I'm a wannabe make up artist and I've done a few friends weddings (and the parties). I use this on them, and it looks great!. If you have really good skin, it would be great just to swirl over and go.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by caligrl16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this! I have it in the color fair,which is a pretty good match for me. I was previously using bare minerals matte which I liked but the coverage wasn't quite good enough for my skin. This provides very good coverage once layered a bit. I have mild rosacea and this covers it without irritating my skin. I have combo skin with a pretty oily t zone and this controls my oil pretty well. I set it w bare minerals SPF 25 mineral veil and it lasts all day! I will definitley repurchase this!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by xyz07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is made of creams that are swirled together before it's baked and the effect is cool, looks like a planet. I received the color "Regular/Medium" in the Vanilla Baked Nudes kit from Ulta.com (I mention this because counterfeit products do exist).

I have tried to apply it with kabuki brush and a stiffer brush meant for bronzer but I have to apply it multiple times before I get to "foundation galaxy" (had to make a solar system pun, sorry). However I imagine that if your face isn't littered with acne scars like mine than you'd probably get away with a lighter coverage than what I need. I find that the color also oxidizes during the journey to bedtime and it settles into my oily areas, accentuating my pores. I like her blush and eyeshadow in the same kit but this foundation is a pass for me.

However the only thing I like is the finish, it gives a nice mattified sheen. If you are familiar with DuWop's Mattilume or Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Illuminating Powder Duo, you'll know what I mean. I think I will use this up as a finishing powder but I won't purchase it again unless if it comes in a kit that I can't resist because of the blush or eyeshadow.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2011 12:15:00 PM More reviews by WildflowerRuby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

Nice face powder, sets my blush well :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2011 1:47:00 AM More reviews by kekulda

doesnt have enough coverage for a foundation alone... over another foundation probably would be better

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2011 6:54:00 AM More reviews by caz5000

I bought the light option thinking it would be OK on my fair skin but it looked very orange when I got it on.

I find all LG products highlight my pores

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Unfortunately, I can't comment on the quality or functionality of this product because I had to wash it off immediately. Why? Because it was horribly orange and dark and really and truly did make me resemble an Oompa Loompa. No, scratch that...even worse...I looked like Mary Murphy (SYTYCD). Note to self: Ten minutes before you have to leave the house is not an ideal time to try out a new foundation.

I have really been wanting to try this, but I am very, very pale and all the value sets at Ulta contained the Medium, which frustrated me to no end. By chance I found a sample kit on the way out the door that contained a fair sample. I snatched it up, hurried home and gleefully applied it. The glee evaporated when I went back five minutes later and looked in the mirror.

Girls, this is by no stretch of the imagination "fair", so those of a ghostly mein....beware. Unfortuante and completely disappointing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Brunneria

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been waiting for the Porcelain BnB for years, and it just hit the UK QVC, so I ordered.

After trying the fair and regular shades, this was a delight - actually fair enough for my skin!!! Actually (and incredibly) it is slightly too fair and too pink, because I have fairly warm/yellow toned skin.

So I am able to swirl my brush first in the porcelain, then in the yellow shades of the regular (which has been lying unused for AGES), and voila - the perfect match.

I love the oil absorbing qualities of this powder, and the effect on the skin is delightful.

So THANK YOU LAURA AND THE TEAM for listening to those of us who have been asking, for years, for the paler shade. I love it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by ksavage

Couldn't Live WithOut It!!! & Wouldn't
I have used this product for years. I see something new and and try it, it's never as good as LG's. I use all of her Bronze&Brighten, Balance & Brighten, blushes etc... Always the Bronze Spackle never a day without. Sometimes I just use the Bronze Spackle. p.s. live in Fl. and never a problem with the heat. I don't even feel as if I am wearing anyting! Love it.