July 30, 2014 | 1847 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 2:14:00 PM More reviews by jennaryan10

This product gave my skin such a nice soft finish. I bought it on a whim and loved it. The texture is nice. I find it gives me great coverage and a smooth finish. It was fairly easy to find a color to match my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2014 9:01:00 AM More reviews by qhqy

I heard rave reviews for this product and decide to pick it up. I thought this product was alright for coverage but probably not the best for dry skin. The finish enhances the dry flakes on your face- I won't be repurchasing solely cause of this. The packaging didn't bother me too much.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2014 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Missilery

I bought this foundation because I paled out with the cold weather, making my bare minerals foundation too dark. At first I was skeptical when I got it home, but was pleasantly surprised after trying it. The coverage was good, I tend to need to stipple on extra where I have breakouts. It blends well with blush and bronzer. I don't have the patchiness others have experienced, but I always moisturize before applying my makeup. Setting it with my mineral veil bare minerals powder leaves everything in place all day. The only complaint I have is that since I use my fingertips to apply it, my concealer tends to not hold in place on my more visible breakouts. I thought maybe this was just the concealer, but even after changing to a different brand I still experience this. I'll most likely end up buying this again next winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by smcrowe155

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation for my oily skin. I don't even need concealer! The coverage is amazing and flawless. I use a elf stippling brush and then blend a little with a flat top brush. I love it so much I switched from the revlon color stay that everyone raves about. This is my new go to for sure!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by marvelousred

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Violet

This foundation wasn't the worst I've tried, but definitely not the best. It was too orange on me, even in the lightest shade. It blended really well though, and it wasn't so bad when I put a light powder over it. This stuff didn't really make a difference in keeping my face matte. I had to touch it up throughout the day. And in the long run, it gave me a mild breakout. So...I can see how this would be a great foundation for someone else, it's just not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by jtatelbaum

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Throughout high school, I had pretty bad acne which has, for the most part subsided, and I didn't love this product until I figured out a few ways to manipulate it. This procedure has worked great for me and will (hopefully!!) if this is a product you find doesn't quite match your skin tone and/or if it seems too cake/unnatural:
- Use a dense foundation brush to apply. Mix a little bit of water, lighter foundation, face primer, or face lotion with the Dream Matte Mousse until you have your desired shade and consistency. Test the color on your cheek bone and if it's a match, you can apply it lightly to the rest of your face (and neck, if necessary!).
For me, this is less of a heavy and orangey feel and it will stay on my face without need for touch up for hours!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by marifixx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I don't know what's up with this stuff, but I don't like it. This clings to any dry patch I might have and it looks super cakey. Huuuuge no no!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Superstarcarly

I used to have very dry skin until recently and now my face is an oily mess! Decided to try this foundation to see if it helps and it does! Was hard trying to match a shade toy skin and still feel it's a bit light but the next shade was orangy. Wears a good 6/7 hours without touch ups. No need for a powder over this as it is very matte. Just finished my first pot and didn't seem to last very long but going to re purchase this week.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by lafflemywaffle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually like this foundation- a lot. Its the only one I use. Huge disclaimer i should mention, though- i dont usually wear foundation. I have acne prone skin and try to keep it clear of skin makeup on a daily basis. I do however wear this on special occasions and on nights out. It doesnt seem to aggravate my skin which is precisely why i love it. I used to wear this on a daily basis to work during the summer and only stopped because i found my face didnt like the heavy feeling of something on it all day, and i would have to touch it up before the end of the day. I think this is more of a personal preference, though. Im sure i'd feel the same with any foundation really. I feel it gives me really good buildable coverage as well. One thing I dont like though is the range of colors- i end up using a shade that leaves me a tad pasty looking, but flawless nonetheless (and nothing some blush cant fix). I also dont like the packaging, its not very hygienic.

In conclusion- i would buy this foundation and use it. It might not be the absolute best choice, especially if you like to wear full makeup everyday, but it works for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Sophiemabel02

I used to buy this foundation over and over again as I loved how flawless it made my skin and covered up any blemishes HOWEVER it would never last long on my skin, the max it would stay fully on was about an hour. ALSO this product was completely dried out my skin so now i have so many blocked pores :( I have clusters of under spots all over my face which is horrible and I'm finding it hard to get rid of!!