Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser

3.5

Active ingredient: Salicylic acid 2.0% Inactive ingredients: Water, glycerin, sodium C14-16 olefin sulfonate, sodium laureth sulfate, decyl glucoside, cocamidopropyl betaine, lauric acid, betaine, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) flower extract, eucalyptus globulus leaf extract, PEG-7 glyceryl cocoate, glyceryl oleate, sodium hydroxide, polyquaternium-7, menthol, disodium EDTA, BHT, DMDM hydantoin, methylparaben, fragrance

I brought this for my daughter (16) as she had started to get some spots and i didn't think the face wash we both normally use was enough for her. She mentioned while she was washing her face that it felt like a cold sting, i told her it was called ICE so it would have a cold feeling. She rinsed it off well and went to bed, the next morning she woke with swollen eyelids and bright red skin...it had actual;y burnt her face. The next day her eyes had gone down and the burnt skin went dry/flaky/scaly (as a burn would)...it remained that way for about a week. I have rang the makers of this who said it sounded like an allergic reaction, Mmmm maybe but if I was someone thinking of buying this I would strongly suggest you use it on a small patch of your face for a couple of days first..like a test patch.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I have tried many different types of cleaners for my face. Bought some really expensive ones and some not too expensive anyway, this cleanser is cheap and it works! I don't have too much acne but at times I get a few blemishes. After using this product my face feels amazing and clean! Which I love!!!! I've been using this cleanser for about 2years and will continue to use it. :)

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This was great for my oily skin, and it's so refreshing! If you use this while in the shower you can actually feel it cleaning your face 100%. The first time I bought this product (about 2 years ago) it would leave my skin so dry even if I had oily skin. I recommend using a GOOD moisturizer after you pat dry your face. Overall it did what it claimed to do.

My favorite cleanser. I've been using it for approximately 6 years, and I always keep coming back to it. I have combination/oily, acne-prone skin, and it never makes me break out. It is also very good at removing make-up. I wouldn't recommend this cleaner for dry skin, however, since it can be a bit drying. But if you are looking for a great cleanser that removes make-up and throughly cleans skin, than this is the one for you!

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

A 2% salicylic acid cleanser with a cooling menthol sensation. This effectively cleansed my skin, leaving it with a cool sensation. Did not notice any difference in my acne prone skin while using this.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I actually really liked this cleanser, but it was nothing WOW! for me. I have acne-prone, oily, sensitive skin and this didn't break me out, so props on that one (it's a toughie not to make my skin react). But, it didn't really fight my blemishes. They just kind of stayed the way they were before. SalyIsilic acid is something my skin really likes for some reason. Benzoyl peroxide destroys my skin, but salysilic acid just realy helps keep me really clean. I didn't feel as big of an effect with the salysilic acid as I usually do. I really liked the smell though. Another problem I have with it is that it leaves my face feeling tight after I wash it. If you have oily skin and your face is tight after getting washed, it is definitely the wrong cleanser for you. But, it might have just been my skin being temperamental. So, all in all:

Pros:
*Nice smelling
*Gentle
*Has salysilic acid to kill bacteris
*Keeps your skin somewhat balanced

Cons:
*Leaves face feeling tight afterwards
*Doesn't do much for acne
*Has parabens in it
*Doesn't take off makeup well

Would I repurchase it? No. But I can definitely see some people loving it.

EDIT!!!

I feel stupid because now, only because I finished it and it is gone I realise what an amazing cleanser it is. It kept my skin very clean, removed all the oil and dirt (although it did have a hard time with removing waterproof makeup). Right after I stopped using this, my skin broke out into a massive amount of acne. I miss you, Biore!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product is one of my favorite cleansers out there. Takes off all my makeup which is my number one priority for my cleanser and and also helps to keep my skin somewhat clear. If your looking for a cleanser with salicylic acid in it then its a winner. But be warned that salicylic acid can cause you to break out alittle bit first if you have alot of clogged pores. This can also be drying at first too. Also i cant stand the new change in for the bottle it makes it so hard to travel with. The old bottles used to have a pump that locked and this one doesnt so i hate that. But i still give this a 5 cuz its my favorite cleanser!

When I first started to use it it gave me a tingling minty feel in my pores.. i started using this product since nov. and my acne has only gotten worst although my acne marks stared to go away new ones would occasionally pop out about twice a week, I do not recommend this if you have sensitive skin! I have heard to not stop using a product if you have acne since your skin would have to get used to the wash over and over again. Its time I try something new that will work!!! any suggestions? Thank you :)

I have always had acne prone skin and i decided to buy this to see if it would help. Usually my skin cannot tolerate anything harsh even if its for sensitive skin, but i was desperate and tired of looking so pimply. The first few days of using this, my skin cleared right up! I was so suprised, but it didnt last long- within a week or two of using this stuff my skin semed to get worse, and my break outs were huge under the skin spots, the type that take forever to go away. For some reason, my skin just doesnt do well with salicylic acid and this product contains it. Also, it makes your skin feel really tight, so you have to use a good moisturizer. It did not work for me, so i won't be buying again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the best cleanser I've ever used. I grabbed it at wal-greens for $6 or $7 and have repurchased again several times. I love the cooling feeling and when I use it along with my Olay Pro X face brush my skin gets super clean & feels so soft. It foams up well but can really sting the eyes. The pump is great and I use 1 pump every morning. I've been suffering with adult acne for over 2 years and this plus the brush and the Biore Astringent have almost completely cleared up my skin. I will continue to repurchase.