LUSH Brazened Honey Face Mask

4.1

Kaolin, Talc, Fresh Lime Juice, Sage, Rosemary and Juniper berry Infusion, Fresh Free Range Eggs, Honey, Glycerine, Fresh Fennel, Ground Walnut Shells, Peanut Oil, Bentonite Gel, Fresh Ginger Root, Fresh Parsley, Fresh Coriander, Ground Tumeric, Ground Cardamom, Clove Bud Oil, Ginger Oil, Vetivert Oil, Juniperberry Oil, Perfume.

on 10/12/2011 2:17:00 AM

So I have to point something out that I noticed while reading the other reviews. I don't know why so many girls with sensitive skin are using this mask. When I went to lush to get a face mask, I was constantly told by the staff there NOT to get this mask if I have sensitive skin. Luckily I don't, so I got it ... but I just dont know why other people werent told the same thing. It's all over the product reviews on the Lush website too. So yeah, if you have sensitive skin, stay away. There's nothing deffective in the face mask itself thats making your skin red and burn, it's just cuz you personally have sensitive skin, so you're skin is going to react.
On another note, I do love this face mask. And it was driving me crazy trying to figure out what the mask smelt like and why it smelt to familiar .. and then i got it! Licorice! it smells like black licorice. I HATE black licorice and the smell is totally off putting to me, but the mask smelt like a sweet black licorice that wasn't gross to me at all. If you're thinking of getting this mask but hate the smell of black licorice like I do, don't knock it till you go in the store and smell it for yourself. I think it smells good actually. And the smell stays on you're skin for a couple hours after .. if you don't put makeup on directly after. Anyways, this mask made my skin baby butt soft and made it look brighter, awake and refreshed. I also had 2 little zits under the skin that were in the beginning stages of forming, and after this mask, POOF they were gone the next day, and immediately after taking the mask off the swelling and redness had reduced. One downside for me is that it did make my skin slightly dry and tight feeling afterwards, but that tight feeling is going to come with most tightening face masks afterwards, so no complaints really.
I would suggest for gals with non sensitive skin who just want to brighten and frreshen up their complexion :D

on 10/5/2011 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Awesome soother of aching zits-beneath-surface skin, complexion brightener, and smoothing effect that lasts (ie results are not shortlived). The day after using this, i do not need or use foundation.
Edit: after about two weeks of using this every two or three days, i am still not thru the pot. Luckily i 'froze' it rather than refridgerated, and it doesn't have an 'off' smell or look and i think it is good for another two uses. The effect is probably cumulative. This is HG and highly recommended because this has faded my acne scars like nothing else to date! Also brightened my skin, made it smoother, and did not launch fresh breakouts. And i have no blackheads whereas before i had plenty on my nose.
If u regularly exfoliate ur skin or do peels or microdermabrasion this might irritate your skin or tingle and hurt a bit. Otherwise it is awwwwesome.

on 9/11/2011 2:15:00 AM

I really want to like Brazened Honey, because it just sounds like it's so great for your skin. As per the LUSH UK website, it has almonds and honey in it to provide exfoliation. On my oily, sensitive skin, however, whenever I apply it, it makes my skin itch. Nothing too drastic, but I can tell that underneath the hardening mask, my skin is starting to tingle. Once I wash it off, there are three negative effects: 01) my skin is so so so red and irritated looking, and this does not fade quickly; 02) the smell lingers on my skin forever -- I don't know how this happens but seriously two days later I can still smell this mask!; and 03) it breaks me out. It's unfortunate as I usually love LUSH's face masks, but this one just not seem to work with my skin chemistry. If you want to use a LUSH mask for exfoliation, I suggest Love Lettuce which I really love.

on 9/6/2011 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I love this mask so much! It's makes my skin glow and exfoliates very well. I've been using it once or twice a week for a few months now and my skin feels great. I only wish they offered smaller pots since I can't seem to use it within the three weeks. Highly recommended. :)

on 9/1/2011 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Lovely calming face mask. I have sensitive skin that is also oily and acne prone, so products that help with one condition can really exacerbate the other. Lately it feels like everything is setting my face off and giving me screaming red, irritated skin. Brazened Honey does an excellent job of bringing me back to my normal color after such an episode. It smells delicious and has exfoliators to give me a nice scrub when I'm rinsing it off. And you can't beat the price. Lush can be very hit or miss with skincare products, but when they're on, they're really on. Brazened Honey is a wonderful product and I highly recommend it to anyone with sensitive skin.

For starters, the container is itty bitty. It was only like $7 I think but I was still laughing about how small it is.

I went searching for something to brighten my skin. I recently purchased a clairsonic Mia and have loved the results so I thought I would step it up a notch.

Apply as you would any mask, directions say leave on 5-10 minutes, I left it on for 10. I didn't scrub it off (don't think there's anything in the instructions about scrubbing...) but just rinsed it. My skin looked amazing, bright, glowing, and super soft.

I don't find the fragrance strong and it did not burn at all; I'm not sure what is in it that would even burn to begin with.

My container has many more uses but when it's gone I will definitely get more.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

After trying my first fresh face mask (cosmetic castastrophe) I chose to buy brazened honey. I didn't really have a particular reason as to why I bought this mask besides that I wanted to try other masks. I have normal skin and hardly break out or have spots of acne. Brazened Honey looks like a slightly yellow gritty paste. Application is easy and so is taking it off. And if you dampen your hands before you wash your face you can exfoliate due to the almond bits in the mask. After my I wash it off I feel like I have super smooth skin and it feels healthy. I still put a moisturizer on just incase it may have dried my skin out any. My only complaint is the smell. It smells like licorice to me and I hate licorice. But other than that it is a very nice mask that leaves my skin "glowing." If I wasn't to buy it again it would be because of the smell.

Also as a sidenote: I have not broken out using this product.

on 8/7/2011 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I don't always love what Lush has to offer, but even I have to admit this mask is really fantastic. I have normal skin with the occasional pimple, and used to have bad acne until I got a good regimen going. Nowadays my fixation is with brightening my dull, tired looking skin. I'm quite fair and I want my face to be glowy white, not sickly looking. Straight up, most brightening masks I've tried haven't worked that well. This stuff definitely does, though I'm not sure if it's long term, as you have 3 weeks to use up a pot, which means a few applications a week. Yeah, the price doesn't thrill me, but I'd rather spend the money on a product I know works. I don't really scrub my face with the grains in it, since I'm a wee bit sensitive. I just wipe them off gently with lots of water. I get plenty of exfoliation from the fruit enzymes. I don't really enjoy the way it smells, but that doesn't matter much to me anyhow. I will repurchase and I would recommend this to a friend looking to brighten dull skin.

on 7/21/2011 11:11:00 AM

One of the best LUSH fresh face masks. It stings/burns just a tiny bit when you apply it-- but that to me signifies that it's working. It smells like a strange combo of dandelions, honey and saffron; not bad not great. It's very scrubby and detoxifying. I always feel that my pores are tighter and clearer and my skin is smoother after this mask. Have repurchased many times along with other products like Glorious Mud and various bath bombs when I want a DIY spa day.

www.roseannebeauty.com

Ingredients and what it's all about:

This mask is supposed to detoxify, stimulate and exfoliate with refreshing herbs like Sage, Rosemary and Juniper berry, fresh fennel, almond oil, parsely, tumeric, ginger oil and even ground cardamom and coriander. It sounds more like a recipie for your favourite weekend dish more than a face mask but that's possibly why I'm in love with LUSH face masks. They use free range eggs and many skin enriching herbs - most fresh which is why each mask has a label that details when the product was made fresh, by who and when it should be used by. Each mask is also supposed to be stored in the fridge because of the free range eggs in the mask.

Texture:

A warning goes out to anyone with highly sensitve skin. This is a very grainy scrub. In fact ground almonds are the main exfoliant in this product (I reckon which is reall cool) and I reckon it's even a little bit more harsher than the St. Ives Apricot scrub. If you're not up for such a high exfoliant, taking off the product might be a little troubing for you as it really cleans and purifies taking away all the dead skin cells when you wash the mask off.

I suggest washing this mask off with warm water. Simply carry forth some water in the cup of your palm and slowly and gently rub the mask off so that it slowly dissolves and washes off. Again, this takes a little longer than you might expect because of the exfoliation part and after it's dry, it's not super easy to come off either.
Results:

And there we go. My skin is glowing after the exfoliation and I feel much cleaner. My skin is super duper smooth and it just feels so good. As for acne benefits, I still have blemishes from time to time but I really do feel like it cleans out and detoxifies my skin. It's just that super duper clean feeling! It's so good after a week of make-up every single day. When I was wearing this during the weeks prior to exams, it really helped me in the breakout department. I usually breakout like crazy but I did see a reduction in the number of breakouts I had compared to last semester. The only thing I have a problem with might be just how dry it might make you feel when you wear it. If you have dry skin, this mask shouldn't be for you. Overall though, I love it. It's a mask I'll always go to when I know my skin needs a good clean.

www.roseannebeauty.com