December 20, 2014 | 1243 users online

Masks - LUSH - Brazened Honey Face Mask

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by hooplehead

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lovely calming face mask. I have sensitive skin that is also oily and acne prone, so products that help with one condition can really exacerbate the other. Lately it feels like everything is setting my face off and giving me screaming red, irritated skin. Brazened Honey does an excellent job of bringing me back to my normal color after such an episode. It smells delicious and has exfoliators to give me a nice scrub when I'm rinsing it off. And you can't beat the price. Lush can be very hit or miss with skincare products, but when they're on, they're really on. Brazened Honey is a wonderful product and I highly recommend it to anyone with sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaMidwife

For starters, the container is itty bitty. It was only like $7 I think but I was still laughing about how small it is.

I went searching for something to brighten my skin. I recently purchased a clairsonic Mia and have loved the results so I thought I would step it up a notch.

Apply as you would any mask, directions say leave on 5-10 minutes, I left it on for 10. I didn't scrub it off (don't think there's anything in the instructions about scrubbing...) but just rinsed it. My skin looked amazing, bright, glowing, and super soft.

I don't find the fragrance strong and it did not burn at all; I'm not sure what is in it that would even burn to begin with.

My container has many more uses but when it's gone I will definitely get more.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2011 2:20:00 PM More reviews by jessicahonig2011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After trying my first fresh face mask (cosmetic castastrophe) I chose to buy brazened honey. I didn't really have a particular reason as to why I bought this mask besides that I wanted to try other masks. I have normal skin and hardly break out or have spots of acne. Brazened Honey looks like a slightly yellow gritty paste. Application is easy and so is taking it off. And if you dampen your hands before you wash your face you can exfoliate due to the almond bits in the mask. After my I wash it off I feel like I have super smooth skin and it feels healthy. I still put a moisturizer on just incase it may have dried my skin out any. My only complaint is the smell. It smells like licorice to me and I hate licorice. But other than that it is a very nice mask that leaves my skin "glowing." If I wasn't to buy it again it would be because of the smell.

Also as a sidenote: I have not broken out using this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by lianegraham

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't always love what Lush has to offer, but even I have to admit this mask is really fantastic. I have normal skin with the occasional pimple, and used to have bad acne until I got a good regimen going. Nowadays my fixation is with brightening my dull, tired looking skin. I'm quite fair and I want my face to be glowy white, not sickly looking. Straight up, most brightening masks I've tried haven't worked that well. This stuff definitely does, though I'm not sure if it's long term, as you have 3 weeks to use up a pot, which means a few applications a week. Yeah, the price doesn't thrill me, but I'd rather spend the money on a product I know works. I don't really scrub my face with the grains in it, since I'm a wee bit sensitive. I just wipe them off gently with lots of water. I get plenty of exfoliation from the fruit enzymes. I don't really enjoy the way it smells, but that doesn't matter much to me anyhow. I will repurchase and I would recommend this to a friend looking to brighten dull skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by sara942

One of the best LUSH fresh face masks. It stings/burns just a tiny bit when you apply it-- but that to me signifies that it's working. It smells like a strange combo of dandelions, honey and saffron; not bad not great. It's very scrubby and detoxifying. I always feel that my pores are tighter and clearer and my skin is smoother after this mask. Have repurchased many times along with other products like Glorious Mud and various bath bombs when I want a DIY spa day.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 6:47:00 AM More reviews by roseannetang

www.roseannebeauty.com

Ingredients and what it's all about:

This mask is supposed to detoxify, stimulate and exfoliate with refreshing herbs like Sage, Rosemary and Juniper berry, fresh fennel, almond oil, parsely, tumeric, ginger oil and even ground cardamom and coriander. It sounds more like a recipie for your favourite weekend dish more than a face mask but that's possibly why I'm in love with LUSH face masks. They use free range eggs and many skin enriching herbs - most fresh which is why each mask has a label that details when the product was made fresh, by who and when it should be used by. Each mask is also supposed to be stored in the fridge because of the free range eggs in the mask.

Texture:

A warning goes out to anyone with highly sensitve skin. This is a very grainy scrub. In fact ground almonds are the main exfoliant in this product (I reckon which is reall cool) and I reckon it's even a little bit more harsher than the St. Ives Apricot scrub. If you're not up for such a high exfoliant, taking off the product might be a little troubing for you as it really cleans and purifies taking away all the dead skin cells when you wash the mask off.

I suggest washing this mask off with warm water. Simply carry forth some water in the cup of your palm and slowly and gently rub the mask off so that it slowly dissolves and washes off. Again, this takes a little longer than you might expect because of the exfoliation part and after it's dry, it's not super easy to come off either.
Results:

And there we go. My skin is glowing after the exfoliation and I feel much cleaner. My skin is super duper smooth and it just feels so good. As for acne benefits, I still have blemishes from time to time but I really do feel like it cleans out and detoxifies my skin. It's just that super duper clean feeling! It's so good after a week of make-up every single day. When I was wearing this during the weeks prior to exams, it really helped me in the breakout department. I usually breakout like crazy but I did see a reduction in the number of breakouts I had compared to last semester. The only thing I have a problem with might be just how dry it might make you feel when you wear it. If you have dry skin, this mask shouldn't be for you. Overall though, I love it. It's a mask I'll always go to when I know my skin needs a good clean.

www.roseannebeauty.com

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2011 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Tunita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Makes my skin GLOW like a baby's, and never dries me out. Tightens, prevents blackheads, sloughs off the dead skin, smells delish. Can't go wrong with this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Did nothing too special. Is exfoliating and made my skin soft, but I could easily get that with another face mask. Delicious smell, and the colour never fails to make my boyfriend laugh when I put it on. He says I look like Shrek. :| I probably wouldn't buy it again as there's so much better facial masks from Lush out there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2011 3:37:00 AM More reviews by PinkSyringes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mask made my skin very, very soft. I don't think I've ever had my skin feel this way without any lotion on it. I really like this mask. The smell is lingers a little bit afterwards, but my skin is so soft the smell doesn't bother me. I would repurchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2011 3:15:00 AM More reviews by lovelypinktofu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm in the middle-leaning to the negative side on this products. Pros are it's a good strong exfoliating mask, personally though a little too strong since I prefer gentle scrubs. I did not notice if it made my skin any softer, because my face was too cold from the fridge-store mask! What I hate most though is the smell. It smells like really pungent spices that is good in a curry but not on my face. Nobody's gonna eat my face, right? Anyways, steer clear if you have more delicate skin and...ah..olfactory senses.