October 23, 2014 | 1824 users online

Masks - LUSH - Brazened Honey Face Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2011 2:20:00 PM More reviews by jessicahonig2011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After trying my first fresh face mask (cosmetic castastrophe) I chose to buy brazened honey. I didn't really have a particular reason as to why I bought this mask besides that I wanted to try other masks. I have normal skin and hardly break out or have spots of acne. Brazened Honey looks like a slightly yellow gritty paste. Application is easy and so is taking it off. And if you dampen your hands before you wash your face you can exfoliate due to the almond bits in the mask. After my I wash it off I feel like I have super smooth skin and it feels healthy. I still put a moisturizer on just incase it may have dried my skin out any. My only complaint is the smell. It smells like licorice to me and I hate licorice. But other than that it is a very nice mask that leaves my skin "glowing." If I wasn't to buy it again it would be because of the smell.

Also as a sidenote: I have not broken out using this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by lianegraham

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't always love what Lush has to offer, but even I have to admit this mask is really fantastic. I have normal skin with the occasional pimple, and used to have bad acne until I got a good regimen going. Nowadays my fixation is with brightening my dull, tired looking skin. I'm quite fair and I want my face to be glowy white, not sickly looking. Straight up, most brightening masks I've tried haven't worked that well. This stuff definitely does, though I'm not sure if it's long term, as you have 3 weeks to use up a pot, which means a few applications a week. Yeah, the price doesn't thrill me, but I'd rather spend the money on a product I know works. I don't really scrub my face with the grains in it, since I'm a wee bit sensitive. I just wipe them off gently with lots of water. I get plenty of exfoliation from the fruit enzymes. I don't really enjoy the way it smells, but that doesn't matter much to me anyhow. I will repurchase and I would recommend this to a friend looking to brighten dull skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by sara942

One of the best LUSH fresh face masks. It stings/burns just a tiny bit when you apply it-- but that to me signifies that it's working. It smells like a strange combo of dandelions, honey and saffron; not bad not great. It's very scrubby and detoxifying. I always feel that my pores are tighter and clearer and my skin is smoother after this mask. Have repurchased many times along with other products like Glorious Mud and various bath bombs when I want a DIY spa day.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 6:47:00 AM More reviews by roseannetang

www.roseannebeauty.com

Ingredients and what it's all about:

This mask is supposed to detoxify, stimulate and exfoliate with refreshing herbs like Sage, Rosemary and Juniper berry, fresh fennel, almond oil, parsely, tumeric, ginger oil and even ground cardamom and coriander. It sounds more like a recipie for your favourite weekend dish more than a face mask but that's possibly why I'm in love with LUSH face masks. They use free range eggs and many skin enriching herbs - most fresh which is why each mask has a label that details when the product was made fresh, by who and when it should be used by. Each mask is also supposed to be stored in the fridge because of the free range eggs in the mask.

Texture:

A warning goes out to anyone with highly sensitve skin. This is a very grainy scrub. In fact ground almonds are the main exfoliant in this product (I reckon which is reall cool) and I reckon it's even a little bit more harsher than the St. Ives Apricot scrub. If you're not up for such a high exfoliant, taking off the product might be a little troubing for you as it really cleans and purifies taking away all the dead skin cells when you wash the mask off.

I suggest washing this mask off with warm water. Simply carry forth some water in the cup of your palm and slowly and gently rub the mask off so that it slowly dissolves and washes off. Again, this takes a little longer than you might expect because of the exfoliation part and after it's dry, it's not super easy to come off either.
Results:

And there we go. My skin is glowing after the exfoliation and I feel much cleaner. My skin is super duper smooth and it just feels so good. As for acne benefits, I still have blemishes from time to time but I really do feel like it cleans out and detoxifies my skin. It's just that super duper clean feeling! It's so good after a week of make-up every single day. When I was wearing this during the weeks prior to exams, it really helped me in the breakout department. I usually breakout like crazy but I did see a reduction in the number of breakouts I had compared to last semester. The only thing I have a problem with might be just how dry it might make you feel when you wear it. If you have dry skin, this mask shouldn't be for you. Overall though, I love it. It's a mask I'll always go to when I know my skin needs a good clean.

www.roseannebeauty.com

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2011 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Tunita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Makes my skin GLOW like a baby's, and never dries me out. Tightens, prevents blackheads, sloughs off the dead skin, smells delish. Can't go wrong with this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Did nothing too special. Is exfoliating and made my skin soft, but I could easily get that with another face mask. Delicious smell, and the colour never fails to make my boyfriend laugh when I put it on. He says I look like Shrek. :| I probably wouldn't buy it again as there's so much better facial masks from Lush out there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2011 3:37:00 AM More reviews by PinkSyringes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mask made my skin very, very soft. I don't think I've ever had my skin feel this way without any lotion on it. I really like this mask. The smell is lingers a little bit afterwards, but my skin is so soft the smell doesn't bother me. I would repurchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2011 3:15:00 AM More reviews by lovelypinktofu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm in the middle-leaning to the negative side on this products. Pros are it's a good strong exfoliating mask, personally though a little too strong since I prefer gentle scrubs. I did not notice if it made my skin any softer, because my face was too cold from the fridge-store mask! What I hate most though is the smell. It smells like really pungent spices that is good in a curry but not on my face. Nobody's gonna eat my face, right? Anyways, steer clear if you have more delicate skin and...ah..olfactory senses.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2011 2:28:00 AM More reviews by Bobbiegel

this stings my skin so much that i might be unbearable for the first 3 minutes. and my skin type is not even sensitive! but somehow, after tolerating it for 3 minutes, the mask calms down on the face and made my face tighter. it did not exfoliate properly on my skin but the redness of the acne are reduced and the skin actually looks smooth. the only downside is, it HURTS when i apply it on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2011 5:57:00 PM More reviews by SuzanneDee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Technically I can't buy this product "Again" since I didn't buy it the first time - It was a freebie for returning five black pots (which I'd been trying to collect for almost 3 years).
I got 50gms of the product, which after some 8 uses, is still more than half full, so it's safe to say that Lush has no clue about how off the mark their rationing information is.
I love that you can keep Lush masks in the fridge. I've used The Sacred Truth and that felt too clammy on my skin. Brazened Honey, however, is thicker and slightly drier - more gritty than pasty because it's got exfoliating bits. The consistency makes it more comfortable when cold and easier to apply too - I defy their instructions and wet my face, hold a cherry-sized glob in my fingertips and thin it out over my skin. I waste less this way, don't get any into my nostrils and the wash basin is cleaner.
It's got a sweet-herb smell. I smelled more honey in Sacred Truth than Brazened Honey, to be honest. But this smell is pleasant and not medicinal, it's totally tolerable for the 15 minutes that I leave it on (half a sitcom - yayyy) and dries to a rough off-white powdery mask.
On particularly lazy days I spritz water on my face to rewet the mask and go another 5 minutes, but one round usually will do.
The washing up part is where the exfoliation happens, the rough granules scrub it all off (more gentle than St Ives, not as smooth as Neutrogena's Blackhead one) and like most masks it takes 5 whole minutes to wash away.
But the results are worth it - my skin has this scrubbed clean look. My chin and nose areas are shine-free, my cheeks are the under eye darkness is less prominent. Actually, I look like I've woken up from a nap. I think that's enough to expect from a mask - it's not a cosmetic surgeon!
I use Brazened Honey twice a week (gotta finish it up before it goes bad). If you're not a fan of exfoliation or are using this mask too often to require a scrub here's help: when the mask has completely hardened break into a wide smile and move al the miscles in your face. The worst of the mask will fall away as powder and you can wipe away the rest of the exfoliating bits before you wash.
I'm looking forward to buying a full tub, I'm just not sure whether I'll be able to use it all up in time so I can't award a full 5 lipsticks. Lush should really sell 50gm portions. They're so weird sometimes!