November 28, 2014 | 1335 users online

Fragrances - Prada - Prada EDP

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2007 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Sheepie87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For some silly reason, I didn't want to like this fragrance--I think it was simply the haute couture label that did it. I'm not the kind of girl who does the "it" bag or whatever, but I did get a rather large sample of this for free, so I tried it. Oh boy. This is sexy. For some reason (the atomizer?) I can totally imagine Rita Hayworth or another one of those scarlet-lipped screen sirens wearing this. I think, however, that the scent is truly dependent on your own personal chemistry. On me, at least, it starts out spicy and ends up warm and soft. I actually think this will be good in the summer, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2007 5:10:00 PM More reviews by MsSnape

This is as close to perfection as one fragrance can get! Every single time I wear it I get tons of compliments, but the most important thing for me is that I don't ever get tired of it. Another bonus is its INCREDIBLE staying power. It's so rich with resinous notes that it lingers forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2007 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Sreez

Love it. I get compliments every time I wear this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2007 8:04:00 AM More reviews by heaven07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this fragrance. It is not the most longlasting on me but I have received compliments when I wear this. On me it smells of patchouli and amber, a rich and warm scent without being cloying. I think this fragrance either works with your chemistry or it doesn’t. Luckily for me it works and I feel very confident and positive whenever I wear it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2007 3:05:00 PM More reviews by mahgwet

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't believe I haven't written a review for this yet! Prada is a Holy Grail (or HG) perfume for me. It's warm, slightly spicy, comforting, cozy...the minute the cold weather comes I spritz it on. It's also the fragrance I wear when I can't think of what to wear. My teenage niece gave me a hug when I was wearing this and she said, "Oh, you smell good!" I can't imagine ever getting tired of this; I would buy it again and again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2007 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Fabfame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this from a very sweet swapper and it is probably the most "different - can't quite put my finger on what it is" fragrance I own. Normally that would REALLY irritate me but I find myself so drawn to this fragrance. The initial blast is warm, sharp, sweet yet also bitter. It settles down very quickly on me to something warm, woody, a little creamy and then poof...disappears! People have commented that this has zero staying power and I have to say it is pretty weak....but I personally don't mind. I catch a very faint whiff of it every so often hours after I have applied it and thats just how I like my perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2007 10:13:00 AM More reviews by timpec

This is a very interesting fragrance. At first, it's very strong, but it soon becomes particularly delicious. Warm, sexy, unique, rich, and mysterious. For me, it has an antique feel to it for some reason. But at the same time, it is a modern scent, too. An extraordinary fragrance!
I am surprised to read in a few reviews that it is similar to Angel, Coco Mademoiselle, because on my skin they are completely different.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2007 4:06:00 PM More reviews by purplebird

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Interesting, pleasant, and capable of popular appeal. Another of the deep sweet + earthy genre pioneered by the likes of Angel, yet more palatable. Transcends gender barriers, coming across as feminine but introducing people to the notes that create crossover: i.e. those which are palatable to both genders and not limited to either.
In Prada, the tonka, patchouli, sandalwood, and labdanum are major components in both the men's and the women's versions. Women's Prada has mimosa, rose, vanilla, and benzoin, but the flowers are hardly discernible, and the sweetness is derived mostly from the tonka, labdanum, and benzoin The more "feminine" scent of vanilla is buried. And benzoin, while sweet, is hardly gender specific. (Look at what Serge Lutens has done with benzoin his men's fragrances.) The Men's Prada has geranium, leather, myrrh and vetiver, which are some of my favoite notes, despite my gender.
I love the trend toward unisex fragrances, so I am tempted to give Prada a higher rating. However, I reserve my excitement for more daring fragrances and selective ingredients.
For example, Etro makes wonderful, magical unisex fragrances. For another example, while Prada boasts of its patchouli (and contains far more than many mainstream fragraces) it is still nothing impressive compared to Santa Maria Novella.
So, while I like it alot, I still give it middle-of-the-road rating and recommend that anyone who likes Prada, to go try some niche houses. You might be surprised by the world of fragrances out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2007 6:10:00 AM More reviews by Margotlc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite perfume. A little goes a long way and leaves you smelling wonderful all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2007 3:32:00 AM More reviews by seniorita

One day, this pretty little thing caught my eye.. Once i sprayed it though, I felt like I'd just sprayed on perfumy pepper. Wiping off as much as i could, i walked out of the store a little worried I'd smell like a kitchen. A little later, I keep catching this beautiful scent, here and there...finally i discover that it is me!..the pepper smell had died, and Prada had turned into this creamy sweet 'i can't really describe it, but I'm in LOVE' kinda smell. Immediately bought a bottle the next day, and haven't looked back. Every guy who gets to smell it always goes nuts...perhaps more nuts than i do when i smell it on myself...ha ha...Very similar to coco madamoiselle, but creamier. I'll definitely buy this again. LOVE LOVE!!! Lasts forever too!