December 21, 2014 | 1879 users online

Masks - LUSH - Catastrophe Cosmetic

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2011 12:22:00 PM More reviews by thedallasdiary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this mask! It smells yummy and left my skin moisturized and radiant.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 7:33:00 PM More reviews by MademoiselleClara

I use this about twice a week or more, it usually comes down to the state my skin is in. I absolutely love it. The texture is nice and it smells really good. I've been using this product for about two months and I can honestly say that it does wonder for my skin. I have combination skin, and this is the perfect product. My T-zone is not oily anymore and the sides of my nose have kissed the flaking goodbye.
Granted, it is kind of expensive for a face mask, but I get at least 10 to 12 uses out of one pot.
I would recommend it, definitely one of my favorite LUSH products. I've never had any troubles with the expiration date as I'm usually finished by the time it comes around.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 4:38:00 PM More reviews by helenlovecats

my favourite face mask from lush! i first tried it two years ago when my friend got a job there and he'd bring home all the ones they were going to get rid of for free (i miss it, i used to get so much free stuff!). anyways, since then it's been my go to mask!
at the moment, my skin is going through a bad phase since coming off medication so this stuff is a miracle worker at calming my aggravated skin. it leaves you with a baby soft feeling and (i think) smaller pores. any redness is reduced and skin looks more even. i use it 2-3 times a week and to me it really makes a huge difference. i'd recommend it to any skin that needs a bit of soothing!

TIP: if you remember to keep them in the fridge, they can last sometimes up to three weeks after the used by date, so my friend from LUSH says. start with a thin layer and then built it up, you don't need a huge amount on your face.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I started to love LUSH fresh masks lately. First I tried Love Lettuce (that is my favorite mask now) but the 2nd time decided to try something new. I had some redness and blemishes on my face so I was reading that Catastrophe Cosmetic would be the best option to calm the redness as it has an antiseptic effect. The price (7.95 CAD) seems alright for such good, natural product and usually a jar can be used in about 8 times. As it expires in 3 weeks, I use it every 3 day or so. First of all - it does not smell too much like blueberries! It just smells like clay, wet ground.. mixed with a pinch of mashed blueberries. But still, the smell is not very nice. The color - between grey and blue, looks funny when on face but I like it. I am used to blue clay mask so this color is much better. When I opened my jar, there was a layer of water (fluid) on top.. I did not know if I have to get rid of it or mix it. I mixed it. It is very easy to apply, it's kind of sloppy and liquidy, not very thick as Love Lettuce. I left it for 10 min on but it did not dry much, it was still wet when I washed it off.. or to say - when I tried to waash it off. Really difficult to wash it off, it took me almost another 5 minutes to rinse it all off, but where it touched my hair - they stayed blueish! Anyways, this mask got rid of the redness I had in a few places (or was it just the matte looking film left on my skin?) but it dried my skin a lot. It felt very matte, not that nice and moisturized as after Love Lettuce mask. So make sure you use moisturizer after this.
Update: I have been using this for about 3-4 times and have noticed few pimples on my chin and forehead. I believe it is from this mask as I havent changed anything else. I also talked to a sales person at Lush and she told me that she also got pimples from this mask. She told me that her favorite mask is Love Lettuce and Cupcake.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2011 8:31:00 AM More reviews by candybunny88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

i got this as the free mask when i returned 5 lush pots. i wanted to try it because it has anti-oxidents in it. i have pretty oily skin but i didnt want a mask that would dry me out crazily so i though the whole blueberry thing would make it kind of gentle. i must admit that i was wrong. the smell of the mask is nothing like blueberries but it didnt bother me too much. but my face was soooo dry after it if i dont moisturize straight away. the most annoying thing about this mask is that its hard to apply and crumbles everywhere when its dried. so its kinda like my face is snowing purple bits which was really annoying as it would just get everywhere. i tried to combat the problem by mixing it up with some aloe gel which made the consistency not so crumbly and easier to apply however the fallout was still crazy. i do notice my skin being smoother after the mask but i must say its da power in it that makes my skin that way. cant say i would repurchase, much prefer their mint mask

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by jessicahonig2011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was my first face mask that I have ever bought from LUSH. It's a light grey-purple paste with what looks like little seeds in it. It smells like powdery fruit. But it's not an obnoxious or odd smell. It goes on easily and comes off easy too it just takes light rubbing or scrubbing. When I washed it off I felt like my skin felt clean and that it really did cleanse and took all the bad stuff out of my skin and my skin looked clean. I have normal skin and I never break out and when I do it's just one or two spots of acne. On that note I didn't break out using this mask. I will repurchase this mask. I really loved how soft and clean my skin looked.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2011 8:08:00 AM More reviews by misspris26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My fave LUSH face mask. It's blueberry heaven!! The scent alone is divine!! It's freshly made and you can't get these online, only the LUSH store becuase they stay in the fridge. This mask has some good clays for pore cleansing. I have actually driven to a mall 2 hrs away (when there are several close to me) JUST to get this mask (and ok, raid the whole store while I am there lol)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by monishagohil

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very refreshing mask which has left me a little mixed about how I fell about it. It is very easy to apply,handmade,easy to wash off , leaves you with smooth skin , you get a healthy fresh glow , does help blemishes a little and you get what you pay for. Like all lush products , they have a use by date - but that's what makes them so natural and good . Although with this product I was a little disappoint of how it cracked quite easily and didn't help my blemishes as much as I would've liked too. I had to moisturise straight after as it left my skin feeling a little dry. I do like this product but the price was a little much for a face mask which you need to use by 2 weeks , to be fair I like my 79p packet masks to use once a week which you can purchase from superdrug or boots. Theyre much more fun to use as there is also self heating packet masks and they help my skin more than this lush mask. Anyway it is a good mask and I enjoyed using this even though it was a little more on the pricier side.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by spipina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my overall favorite Fresh Face Mask from Lush. Honestly.
It was my first, and it was recommended to me because I had at that time especially a lot of redness around my nose and chin.
So it wasn't too drying as many clay face masks can be, but it was sooooooo pleasant to use because it smells of blueberries and when you clean it off your skin is so bright and clean looking. It doesn't leave your skin too dry but you definitely should use toner and moisturizer afterwords.

I went in again a few months later with added dryness to my skin issues because it was winter, and the girl at Lush told me to try it mixed with Oatafix mask, SOOO GOOD! It smelled like blueberry cupcakes! SO good.

The packages they use for the masks are cool because if you get enough of them you get a free mask, and also they're the best packaging that the store has, cuz their cleanser Buche de Noel came in a similar pot, and it lasted so much longer than my other cleansers that just come in crappy plastic tupperware things.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 2:46:00 AM More reviews by becauseofyou

This is my favourite fresh face mask from Lush and I have tried nearly all of them.

I think this is a great mask to try if you don't have heavily blemished skin and are just looking for some oil control. It smells heavenly and makes my skin feel very soft after I use it. It is a treat to apply this on your face and it just feels so good.

It is a bit expensive and I also hate how they don't fill the container the whole way... but I will deal with it because the quality of this mask is fantastic. I highly recommend this product.