Stila Illuminating Powder Foundation

3.7

active ingredient: titanium dioxide 2.30% ingredients: talc, nylon-12, silica, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, dimethicone, glycerin, polyperfluoromethylisopropyl ether, tocopheryl acetate, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter) unsaponifiables, lauroyl lysine, petrolatum, zeolite, ptfe, zinc stearate, eicosapentaenoic acid, docosahexaenoic acid, magnesium myristate, lauryl alcohol, pca, laureth-3, tetrasodium edta, bht, sorbic acid, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, [ /-(may contain) mica, bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288)]

Is there a secret to the refillable compact and everything fitting nicely? I am on my second refill and both times, the powder refill has cracked because the sponge compartment is not big enough and always sticks up - AND the sticky tape to hold the refill in place gives out rather quickly. I resorted to getting a tiny dot of stick on velcro to keep the refill in place, but because the compartment doesn't close flush, my second refill has broken and it was barely half-way used (bought in 1/08). I am very frustrated with this product because I love the way it looks and feels on my skin, but it's frustrating that they designed the compact so poorly. Any suggestions or am I missing something? I still have the receipt for my refill, is it too embarrassing to return it for another refill?

Fantastic for combination skin. I've been using this for 2 years and definitely my HG powder foundation. I only need to touch up once a day, if at all. It does not really seem like I have foundation on and my skin looks soft and smooth and flawless. My skin has also improved and I have much less acne. If you have acne scars, I use MAC concealer for my acne scars and they are a perfect combination as they blend together really well. I followed the advice from fellow reviewers and bought the Shisedo Compact case and its a much cheaper option.

I love this powder foundation. It makes my skin glow and covers up some imperfections. I would definitely repurchase!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I'm not sure if this is HG status for me yet, but it'd the first and only foundation I've ever hit the pan with.
I have very fair skin (10 watts), and this provides it with decent coverage with a nice, natural finish. I have normal/dry skin, and quite a few liquid foundations crease up and end up oxidizing on me within a few hours. This one doesn't, which is a relief.
I've used it without a primer, which gives it a very sheer look. Great for people with wonderful skin that just want a little bit of a "softer" look in some areas. With a primer (I've only used non-silicone based so it won't bead up) it can be layered quite thick, and I've often paired it with MUFE's HD primer and the Stila Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer, which acts as a primer as well.
The only reason I gave it four out of five stars is that it's got an SPF in it.... Which I don't need since I use it in my Kinerase moistuizer and it doesn't stack, and spf tends to make people look "washed out" in photographs. It's also a bit expensive since you have to buy the (LARGE!) compact separately. I'll probably repurchase, but I'll be trying different foundations in the meantime.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was looking for a powder foundation with a matte look and I have very oily and acne prone skine. I've tried MAC Fix Studio and its horrible because of the cakey look and it was plain out oily. I've tried Bare minerals which made my skin so oily after an hour of exposure and had to reapply constantly. Stila Powder foundation is amazing. At first I was just trying out new foundations to see which one had the longer coverage and exposure time. Stila is very long lasting I hardly have to reapply. Maybe every 5 hours or so I can reapply. I live in southern california so it gets really hot and i can get sweaty and gross but the makeup doesnt look oily at all.. maybe after like 5 hours but i usually blot or just add blot powder.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this foundation! I used powder foundations for several years, then got more into liquids. Recently I got a MAC Studio Fix which had been one of my favorites and it seemed kind of heavy and muddy looking even when I applied it lightly with a brush. So I got this foundation and I love it! I apply it lightly with MAC 150 Large Powder Brush. It gives light slightly glowy coverage for a natural look that evens out my skintone perfectly. The only downside is that the compact is sold seperately. Since I plan on buying again its not a big deal though. Also the compact is really cute!

I tried this and had to take it back - my face got terribly itchy as soon as I put it on!

The 10 watt color was lovely on me, though...

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this foundation :) A refill retails for US$26 for a 10g pan, and the casing retails for US$14 for the empty compact, hence it costs US$40 for the whole foundation :) The description on the website reads "Let your inner radiance shine through with this unique, all-in-one powder foundation. Infused with Mica, tiny crystals found in nature, this unique formula helps reflect light for luminous skin that looks fresh and bright. Perfect for all skin types, illuminating powder foundation minimizes skin imperfections while maximizing sun protection with SPF 12 for ageless, timeless skin that simply glows. Apply dry for a light coverage or damp for more complete coverage. Compact sold separately." The colour matches my skin well :) It also has good coverage :) I have acne-prone skin with scars, and it covers them up without looking like a mask, which I love :) This also have good oil control :) I have oily skin, and after I apply this in the morning, I top it up with powder and I am ready to go :) I only need to blot once in the day in the evening and I am set for the whole day :) This is illuminating, as implied in the name :) However, this only contain shimmers which is not OTT, which is great for a daytime look :) If you are bothered by the shimmers, just apply powder over it to tone it down :) I personally love it though :) There is really nothing to complain about other than the price, but I guess if one just buy one compact, it will last you many refills as it is quite sturdy, so it is cost-effective in the long run :) The bottom comportment holding the sponge is rather bulky with holes at the bottom. However, I don't experience much powder falling out and soiling my bag, hence it is not a problem :) Overall, I am quite happy with this foundation, and will definately repurchase :)
active ingredient: titanium dioxide 2.30% ingredients: talc, nylon-12, silica, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, dimethicone, glycerin, polyperfluoromethylisopropyl ether, tocopheryl acetate, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter) unsaponifiables, lauroyl lysine, petrolatum, zeolite, ptfe, zinc stearate, eicosapentaenoic acid, docosahexaenoic acid, magnesium myristate, lauryl alcohol, pca, laureth-3, tetrasodium edta, bht, sorbic acid, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, [+/-(may contain) mica, bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288)] continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

The color seemed to match my skin but I feel like it didn't stay on my skin and provided very little coverage. I applied it with a big powder brush so maybe that was the issue. I also didn't like that I had to buy the compact to put the powder in seperately. I guess if I were to continue to use this, it's not that big of a deal in the long run. I'm taking this back to Sephora. I haven't found anything that I like as much as Prescriptives Flawless Skin compact.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product is kinda okay to me and it gives me a natural finish. Buildable coverage and im surprised that the coverage is fine for my acne-prone skin although i apply it with face brush rather than sponge. But somehow i prefer the Liquid version foundation.