July 29, 2014 | 984 users online

Masks - LUSH - Cupcake Mask

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by LookingGood85

I have on,y given this 2 llippies just for the smell of this. It's divine, considering I'm a chocoholic!!!
BUT that's all that's good to say about it. I have somewhat sensitive skin in that if something goes on my skin and it doesn't like it my skin breaks out. Well that's what happened after two uses of this! Won't repurchase ever! Lush is so hit and miss!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by maggiejeanjones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never really got all the hype behind LUSH (everytime I walked past the store, it stunk sooo bad). But after buying this mask, I am a convert to their masks and face soaps!!!!!!! The mask has a heavenly chocolate smell. It is designed for "problem skin", i.e. oily, acne-prone. I have very oily skin that is prone to acne and irritation. This mask deep cleans my skin, calms my redness, and leaves my skin super-soft (not dried out). This is a fresh mask, so it needs to be kept in the refridgirator and used up in about 2 weeks. Since a little goes a long way, I can usually use this mask 3-4 per week to use up the whole product. The price is pretty reasonable ($7ish) compared to other LUSH skincare items, and what's even better is that with 5 empty mask pots, you get a free mask (which makes it an even better deal). If you have trouble-some skin, don't pass this mask up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by AllThatGlittters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

My favourite LUSH mask! Cupcake is aimed at oily, acne-prone skin, which is great for breakouts. It makes my skin less oily and evens out skin tone, by this I mean that it reduces the size of pimples and scarring. It also makes my skin really smooth and isn't too drying. Although, I dislike the fact that the mask doesn't exfoliate and it also takes quite a while to remove too because it's so thick.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2011 3:30:00 AM More reviews by loraanne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This works great for my skin. The package describes it to be great for teenage skin as it helps reduce breakouts and controls oil. My face was left feeling soft and smooth. It has a great minty, chocolatey smell. With this product, a little really does go a long way. Be warned, this product needs to be kept refrigerated and the expiration date can come quick if not used often. Overall, great mask!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by troubleinlipstick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Doesn't work for me. Cocoa butter breaks you out. It made me break out. Too expensive for such little shelf life

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2011 6:02:00 AM More reviews by MissJenn909

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Cupcake mask smells like mint chocolate and is aimed at teenagers with oily skin, aka people like me! Haha. This mask really did remove the excess oil from my skin, just like it promised. It also removed the redness and swelling from any spots I had and left my skin glowing. It was not overly drying and did not irritate my skin which can sometimes be sensitive. I love that the product is natural but I don't like the short shelf-life!! You only need a little to cover your face so when it goes off, you kind of feel like you're wasting the left-overs. The shelf life is the only reason for the -1 lippy.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2011 9:31:00 AM More reviews by BlushingBarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love this product. It works wonders for my combo acne prone skin. It was about $7 and totally worth it. I use this 4 times a week, and leave it on for about 10 minutes each time I use it. I know some people love the scent and some people hate it, to me it just smells like choclate cupcake batter witch I don`t mind. It has a few tiny expolating beads in it so it always leaves my skin super soft. If I have a break out and I use this the blemish will be gone within 2 days! It also reduces redness witch I have alot of. This dried out my blemishes but moisturized my skin so well. the olny things that I did not like about this face mask was you have to keep it in the fridge because it has lots of fresh ingredients. It also expires quickly to, it has an expirey date on the bottom of the container and usally it expires 2 weeks after I purchase it witch is why I use it so often. Overall I love this product and I would reccomend it to anyone with acne prone skin and redness. I would defantily repurchase this product! Thanks for reading and I hope this helps!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by thedallasdiary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this mask. It makes my skin clear and glowy. The smell is so good! I don't always need a mask this strong but I wish I did so I could use it all the time! Non-irritating. Did not break me out.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2011 9:16:00 PM More reviews by mellieheart

I have oily, acne prone skin. I broke out today from using a new blush, so I decided to try this out. It worked wonders for my irritated skin! It made my face soft and less red. The one downfall for me is the smell. A lot of people love it, so don't let it stop you from buying this wonderful mask, but to me it reminds me of the gritty chocolate mint toothpaste that my dentist used to polish my teeth when I was little.
All in all, I would definitely repurchase this when my acne flares up.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2011 6:30:00 PM More reviews by welcometothefamily

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This face mask smelt amazing, wasn't horrendously expensive, and as I live near a lush store, came in a very convenient little black pot.
That's where the pros stop. This mask did absolutely nothing for my skin except make it smell like chocolate.
I'll give it two lippies for the scent, and the fact that it didn't do anything BAD to my skin, it just didn't do anything good either. I would not buy this again.