Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream

4.3

INGREDIENTS: WATER,C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE, GLYCERIN, CETYL ALCOHOL, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, OCTYL HYDROXYSTEARATE, DIMETHICONE, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, RETINOL, PANTHENOL, DISODIUM EDTA, TOCOPHEROL, CETEARYL GLUCOSIDE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, POLYSORBATE 20, TRIETHANOLAMINE, MRTHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, BHT, CARBOMER.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This does a great job of brightening my skin. I cannot comment on if it reduces wrinkles since I do not have any yet. I had to buy this with the spf(they only had this available). The sunscreen is laughable. It is not strong enough to protect your skin. Overall a good product.

on 6/7/2010 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

This product makes me wanna smack myself silly for not buying it sooner. When it comes to skin care I'm a snob. I usually only buy HE brand. Because of my super dry, uneven skintone, and large pores I thought HE brands would be better. Boy, was I wrong! The first time I ever used this, my skin was smooth and plumped. I have fine wrinkles under my eyes, crows feet, and laugh lines. After first used my fine lines were barely noticeable. It stinged a lil, but goes away fast. This cream absorbs suuper fast, non oily, and light. I might need something heavier for winter, but for right now, I am in love with this. This is my first retinol too.

Neutrogena, if you ever ds this, I just might kick someone's throat. I love this. Definitely my HG! I'll update after another month.

on 5/18/2010 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I've been using this for 2 weeks now and I am undecided. I am breaking out - one stubborn huge spot on my chin and tiny whiteheads on my chin & around my nose/mouth area. I even got blackheads on the side of my cheeks and I have NEVER gotten blackheads before. My skin is very dry and I've never gotten much acne, just spots here and there.

As for lines, I have not seen any changes yet, in fact, I find the lines on my forehead almost worse, but maybe that's because I am looking at them all the time to see if anything is happening.

I will push through the 'initial breakout' that I have heard about and see what happens!

EDIT* I cannot continue to use this product...I can't push through the break out - I was left with about 8 whiteheads on my nose/lip chin area and a huge spot that keeps growing a whitehead. The skin around my nose was totally irritated and my skin was starting to flake. I don't understand how drying my skin out terribly is anti-aging? Don't like it.

on 4/16/2010 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this for almost a week. It is a very comfortable night cream and not greasy at all. It is absorbed by the skin well and the finish is more on the matte side. To me it is just a very regular light weighted lotion and I have not see any "anti-aging or anti-wrinkle" effect.

on 4/15/2010 4:31:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This moisturizer has a nice texture and I like the packaging it comes in. It does not irritate my skin or make me break out, and my skin is very sensitive. The only drawback is that it really makes my skin oily, by noon I am one big oil slick. I'll probably keep using this at night until I run out, but for daytime I'll go back to my old regimen of Shiseido Pureness moisturizer and Shiseido Sunscreen..

on 4/12/2010 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm 23 years old, so no wrinkles yet, but I bought this to help combat post-acne marks and smooth out my skin tone and texture. I bought it online for about $12.

I was on .05% Retin-A, but I wanted something a little gentler. Plus, I was too lazy to go back to the dermatologist for a refill, lol.

It comes in a metal tube. I guess this helps protect the product (when I was on Retin-A, it came in a metal tube too). But this may make it a little difficult to get all of the product out.

I really like the texture. it's creamy without leaving my face greasy, and it absorbs quickly. It makes my skin feel very soft (perfect for makeup application). There's no noticeable smell to it either. I only use this during the day, after I cleanse and before I apply sunscreen. A little goes a long way, and though it's a little on the pricier side for me, I imagine this lasting for a few months at least.

I've only been using it for a few days, but so far it's been great. It hasn't broken me out, and I love the way it makes my skin feel. It doesn't make me peel like the way the Retin-A did, as it does contain a lower concentration of retinol.

UPDATE: Had to knock it down to 2 lippies. I am now living in a dry desert climate, and this stuff just isn't cutting it for me anymore. :( I have oily skin, and I find that after applying this, my skin still feels pretty dry, even in this hot weather. The lack of moisture in the air definitely doesn't help either. Left it to 2 lippies though because it hasn't irritated my skin or clogged my pores. I need something more intensive now.

This product really is amazing. I'm only 21 so I don't have many problems with wrinkles but it does help skin look healthy. I used it on my neck also which had many fine lines and after a few weeks my neck looked so smooth! It's not drying either, though I still use moisturizer alongside this as I have dry skin.

ETA/ I noticed great results at first but it stopped working when I was about half way through the bottle. I had a good run with it but I wouldn't re-purchase.

on 2/20/2010 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I am too young to be using wrinkle cream
but i used it anyway
it does work
but since i only have fine lines i couldn't see it's full potential
benefit of the doubt that it works
and dimishes wrnkles as much as they do of fine lines
(\ /)
(^_^)
C(")(")

on 1/25/2010 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I am on my second tube of this product which I use around my orbital eye area at night to diminish fine lines. I apply it gently and with a minimal amount; too much and I get clogged pores or whiteheads. This product is very gentle and I can use it nightly (had to work up to that frequency). My skin does not agree very well with retinols (gets scaley) so I am glad that this product is mild. It does work but it's not for deep wrinkles. I put Nivea over it once it's sunk in, and the combination works well for my skin.

Definite re-purchase unless the formula changes for the worse.

on 1/13/2010 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

This product is often confused with the much stronger "Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle *Intensive* Night " now renamed as "Ageless Intensives Deep Wrinkle Moisture Night". They say intensive and they mean it because that product is packed with retinol and if you can tolerate the mild skin flaking that comes with retinol it will give a real improvement in wrinkles.
Some people with sensitive skin might like the weaker and gentler "Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream Original Formula" but I think a lot of people buy it thinking it is the other, much stronger product especially with the confusion of the renaming and repackaging of the stronger product. They see "Original formula" in the name and think it is the old intensive product and then are disappointed by how mild the Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream is. If you want the stronger Intensive product ROP.

-Repost of ingredient comparison I posted in the Boards:
the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Intensive Night has been renamed
It is now repackaged under the Ageless Intensives line with a new name and new box and the box reads:
"New Look" and "If you liked Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Intensive Night try Ageless Intensives Deep Wrinkle Moisture Night ".
The ingredients are identical and it contains Hyaluronic Acid and Retinol. It's is basically the strongest stuff you can find in a drugstore and it will sandblast wrinkles as opposed to most creams that just moisturize. There is another older product floating around that reads " Original Formula Healthy Skin Anti Wrinkle Cream" but it's NOT the older Intensive product but a different product that is much weaker/gentler with different ingredients.
Lots of confusion on the boards about this excellent product. Look for the new Ageless Intensives box not "Original Formula". Hope this helps.

Healthy Skin Anti Wrinkle Cream "Original Formula" (NOT the Intensive):
Water, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Dimethicone, Camellia Oleifera Extract, Retinol, Panthenol, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polysorbate 20, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, BHT, Carbomer.

Healthy Skin Anti Wrinkle Intensive Night :
Water, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Hexadecyl Stearate, Caprylyl Methicone, Dimethicone, Behenyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Squalane, Glycerin, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), BHT, Panthenol, Allantoin, Arginine, Erythorbic Acid, Tocopherol, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Bisabolol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Cetearyl Glucoside, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Polyacrylamide, Nylon-12, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben.

Neutrogena Ageless Intensives Deep Wrinkle Moisture Night:
Water, PPG 2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Hexadecyl Stearate, Caprylyl Methicone, Dimethicone, Behenyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Squalane, Glycerin, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), BHT, Panthenol, Allantoin, Arginine, Erythorbic Acid, Tocopherol, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Bisabolol, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Laureth 7, Cetearyl Glucoside, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Polyacrylamide, Nylon 12, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben

Popular Treatments (Face)