October 26, 2014 | 1031 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Instant Cuticle Remover

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2011 2:02:00 AM More reviews by maomaouchi

This product is an easy and effective way of getting rid of cuticles. It is a clear blue gel that comes in a bottle with a small tip so that a small amount of product can be delivered specifically to your cuticles. The label says it will remove your cuticles in 15 sec, but I get the best results by putting this on all my cuticles on one hand and pushing back the cuticles with an orange stick, leaving the product on my cuticles for around 1 min. This effectively gets rid of the majority of the excess skin around my nails and is painless, unlike going to the salon and having them scrape and cut them off. I find that it is enough to use this product just once a week or so, and doing this helps me to maintain great, healthy looking and not sore cuticles with minimal effort. The first time you do it may not take all the cuticle off (for those of us that are nail polish beginners and haven't been getting rid of them) , but the results are better and more consistent with maintained care. A great price (~$5-$7 at drugstores) and it's often on sale as well. Also, a little goes a long way so this will last you a very long time. Great product, can't find anything bad to say about it at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by rachel5788

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is HG for me. My cuticles are bad and I bite them and get hangnails a lot. Now they look almost perfect. I can put the gel on and let it go for as long as I need but I usually try and not let it dry cause it works better as a liquid. I just put it on and push the cuticle back and scrape off the excess skin. It does dry out my nails but as long as I put on lotion or something after it's fine. And my toes! Ew those cuticles are a mess. This just takes it off when i use a stick to push them back. My mani and pedi is soooo much better now. And I think I have less ingrown toenails too haha (tmi). I love this a lot. This isn't THE BEST but it works pretty darn good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 4:40:00 AM More reviews by nubletta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a good product that gets the job done. My only issue with it is that if I leave it on longer (30 sec or more), it starts to dry and becomes hard to work with. So I use it a few seconds after putting it on.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by polishnut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover is basically a cuticle softening gel. The instructions say that it dissolves dry cuticles in 15 seconds and for callused skin you may leave it on for as much as one minute and then wash off and push back cuticles with a cuticle pusher. I have been using this product for about nine months and have to say that I don't notice much difference between this and straight old soaking in soap and water to soften the cuticles. This product basically does the same thing. However, soaking takes longer and this actually does work quickly. Therefore, I would buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by northernbird

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had a really bad experience with this product, similar to that reported by some of the other reviewers, the "Instant Cuticle Remover" peels off the top layers of the nails and burns. My nails and cuticles were healthy prior to using this (I never cut my cuticles). I'm going to look into natural alternatives.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by ctlee420

I loved this!! My cuticles are always dry and it always makes my nails look like crap! I've tried cuticle scrapers and pushers but no matter what my cuticles always end up looking like a mess. This stuff dissolves your cuticles in 15 seconds, doesn't leave any dry or dead skin and makes your nails look sooo much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by gboneske

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a dirt cheap cuticle remover that does it job. I leave it on about 60 seconds and then push my cuticles back and wipe it off. I follow this up with VitaSurge Cuticle Gel from SH - and then moisturize. I have really noticed a difference since I stopped nipping my cuticles.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by miss_mimi612

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is absolutely essential for nice looking nails without going to the salon. Like others, I recommend leaving it on longer than 15 seconds, especially on my horrible cuticles. It works so well! It makes cuticles much softer and therefore easier to push back. It also gets rid of scraggly bits and dead skin. I've used other cuticle removers, but this one is definitely the best.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2011 1:01:00 AM More reviews by princess101

Great product--does its intended job in a short amount of time with little to no effort at all. Small amounts of product come out at a time and there is never any waste. I use such a small amount on all of my fingers that I can't see having to re-purchase this for a very long time.

Price paid was $7.99 CDN at Walmart Canada.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by summerrain1994

I love this product for my cuticles - I leave it on for just a minute and then use a cuticle pusher to remove the cuticles. They I wash my hands because if you leave it on for too long it will burn. This is wonderful for removing cuticles and softening them. I also use it underneath the nail to remove the dirt/skin/etc under there.