July 28, 2014 | 2088 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Instant Cuticle Remover

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by northernbird

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had a really bad experience with this product, similar to that reported by some of the other reviewers, the "Instant Cuticle Remover" peels off the top layers of the nails and burns. My nails and cuticles were healthy prior to using this (I never cut my cuticles). I'm going to look into natural alternatives.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by ctlee420

I loved this!! My cuticles are always dry and it always makes my nails look like crap! I've tried cuticle scrapers and pushers but no matter what my cuticles always end up looking like a mess. This stuff dissolves your cuticles in 15 seconds, doesn't leave any dry or dead skin and makes your nails look sooo much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by gboneske

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a dirt cheap cuticle remover that does it job. I leave it on about 60 seconds and then push my cuticles back and wipe it off. I follow this up with VitaSurge Cuticle Gel from SH - and then moisturize. I have really noticed a difference since I stopped nipping my cuticles.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by miss_mimi612

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is absolutely essential for nice looking nails without going to the salon. Like others, I recommend leaving it on longer than 15 seconds, especially on my horrible cuticles. It works so well! It makes cuticles much softer and therefore easier to push back. It also gets rid of scraggly bits and dead skin. I've used other cuticle removers, but this one is definitely the best.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2011 1:01:00 AM More reviews by princess101

Great product--does its intended job in a short amount of time with little to no effort at all. Small amounts of product come out at a time and there is never any waste. I use such a small amount on all of my fingers that I can't see having to re-purchase this for a very long time.

Price paid was $7.99 CDN at Walmart Canada.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by summerrain1994

I love this product for my cuticles - I leave it on for just a minute and then use a cuticle pusher to remove the cuticles. They I wash my hands because if you leave it on for too long it will burn. This is wonderful for removing cuticles and softening them. I also use it underneath the nail to remove the dirt/skin/etc under there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

Not only did this make my cuticles look fantastic but I used it under my nails too. Putting this underneath nails makes it easier to get the junk out. I haven't had my nails look this white in a while!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by gorhamd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm on the fence about this one. It is very easy to use, but it dries out my cuticles! Periodically I'll take it out of the drawer and use it, hoping that it will work. My cuticles look better right after I use it, but about an hour later they're dry and ragged. I've even tried putting a very thick hand cream on right after use, and it doesn't help. I have better results by just pushing my cuticles back after washing my hands, then putting on hand cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Jayne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Just love this product. It's always been a struggle keeping my cuticles in check & without damaging the nailbed thanks to super soft nails. This is the first & only product to facilitate pushing back the cuticle with ease and no need for any force at all. If you have soft or very sensitive or easily damaged nailbeds/cuticle area give this a try, you won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by JStringberg

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of the best cuticle products on the market and I've used many different ones prior to this one. Easy to use as you simply squirt a little around the entire outer nail and let it remain for a bit longer than the 15 seconds recommended before using an orange stick to gently push back cuticles. The product softens cuticles so pushing them back is easy and it also manages to keep the user from having to ever think about scissors or clippers so it doesn't get much easier than that. Perfectly priced at any drugstore, this is a definite must have for anyone who cares about their cuticles as we know that rough and dry ones are not fun to have. I use this product 2 or 3 times a week and then finish off with a cuticle leave on cream before bed, and I will always have this in my collection.