August 29, 2014 | 1387 users online

Skincare - Body - Bio Oil - All Products

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2013 9:45:00 AM More reviews by Maggiepup

This product I think is a little overrated. It promises a lot though the results are so minor and there are so many other products that do the same thing for a cheaper price its really expensive for such a small bottle. However I guess it is good if you are looking for little fix, it's not life changing however it also maybe good for during pregnancy but not extreme stretch marks. I used it for my acne marks and it sort of did something but hardly also I'm pretty sure it's not going to work for extreme scars or stuff like that. The only good thing is that if you keep your skin clean it won't cause break outs.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2013 6:03:00 AM More reviews by Dolly444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I put on about two stone in my first year of Uni and ballooned up on my bottom half. I did gain a little weight on my stomach and upper arms but the problem area was my thighs and bum! My skin clearly couldn't cope with such a rapid weight gain and I developed these awful stretch marks on my hips, buttocks and (worst) inner thighs.

The hips and buttocks didn't bother me too much since your hips are clearly more taut than inner thighs, hence I knew the marks on hips would fade pretty quickly (plus you can cover them easily). I soon became very upset when swimming/wearing shorts etc because these awful 'scratch marks' (as someone called them - it broke my heart) were really visible on inner thighs (with the flesh there being quite soft!)

I tried Palmers stretch mark cream but that wasn't working for me. In desperation, I saw an ad for Bio Oil and thought I was prepared to spend anything just to get rid of them/reduce appearance.

For the first few weeks I applied it morning and night (hated applying it in the morning though then getting dressed, at least at night you're about to go to bed!). It didn't work at all, I was more upset that I'd spent a lot of money too.

After a few months however, the stretch marks on my left thigh started to diminish in appearance. They became less purple and more of a pink (sounds hideous I know, but anything is better than purple!). I wasn't sure whether this was the effect of Bio Oil or the fact time had 'healed' the wound I was starting to believe Bio Oil may be worth a chance.

Basically, I think Bio Oil needs persevering with. Obviously stretch marks can never be removed with a lotion but I think Bio Oil is okay for a home treatment if you're just after diminishing the appearance. I think I would repurchase just because when I go on holiday again I will probably be at my wits end trying to do anything to reduce their appearance but I wouldn't say I was entirely satisfied.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by peachez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this because of all the rave reviews I had read about it. After using it for a few months, I felt that while it did not do much for my existing scars, it made my skin really smooth and it stopped my t-zone from producing as much oil. I think it is a decent product, but I'm not a big fan of oils as moisturisers so I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by anabolina

I've only been using bio oil for 3 weeks, but my skin does seem smoother. Despite mineral oil being the frist ingredient, it hasn't broken me out either. I use it in the morning and in the evening. I have noticed my skin getting oilier in the middle of the day since using this and I haven't yet seen any improvement in the look of the sun spots on my face. Still it makes my skin smoother and doesn't irritate my skin or cause a break out, so I'll keep using it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by lainysmall

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just bought it and have my fingers crossed! I have a lot of brown spots and I will update after a few months.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2013 5:55:00 AM More reviews by saribali

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I used Bio Oil on my face after being cautious and reading on their website that it wouldn't cause breakouts blah, blah blah... Huge cystic breakout on my jaw and sides of my neck. That was a couple of years ago and I still have the scars/red marks even after some laser treatments.. Never ever again. Petroleum based. I'm not a fan of putting petrol by products anywhere except my car, definitely not on my face!

I now use organic cold pressed rosehip oil which makes my skin glow with zero breakouts.

If you are wanting to prevent stretchmarks during pregnancy, wheatgerm oil with essential oil of mandarin added is amazing (I forget the exact proportions). I've had 3 10lb babies and not one stretch mark. Believe me, I suffered from stretchmarks during crazy growth spurts in puberty and my Mum and sister have terrible marks on their bellies from preganancy and I was expecting the worst. Wheatgerm oil stinks but it works!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 4:25:00 AM More reviews by TinkyBlink

I write this review from the point of view of NOT using it on stretchmarks but more for hydrating and maintaining the delicate face on the skin.
I love it. I use it daily. I don't always use it before work because it does take time to soak in fully but I should be more mindful of this and put it on a bit sooner before I'm due to leave the house!
It's helped tremendously with my dry cheeks, does not give me spots on my forehead and has totally rebalanced the skin around my nose which has previously been absolutely horrid.
My only gripe is the bottle gets oily - not sure how I'm managing it haha.
I used it recently to soothe the skin around my nose when I had a bad cold and was blowing it constantly and it worked amazingly. Normally I get a very sore nose when I'm not well but this time I didn't - at all.
Overall I've got no plans to change and when I saw them in bigger packs in Costco I bought a pack, so you know I'm committed to it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by yoyolanda

If you aren't lazy and apply this stuff night and day you will notice a change. If you are of a darker skin tone you might have to apply 3x daily or splurge on a Rx cream. But for a fair skin girl who's gained 10 lbs I am happy that I didn't gain stretch marks too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Hankemac

When I first read the reviews where people talked about applying an oil to your face for evening out skin tone, preventing ageing and reducing acne breakouts I literally laughed, scoffed even!! I thought with my acne prone and scarred skin there is absolutely no way - on earth - an oil will be touching my face!! Then I broke my knee and had to have open knee surgery - I had heard of Bio Oil as something that you might as well give a go to reduce the scarring and thought why not, my knee can't look any worse surely!! So I started to rub it into my scar twice a day, then as I was off work anyway I thought - why not try on my face too and see what happens - if it makes me look worse at least I won't be at work for everyone to comment on!! Well I must say for me it is possibly the best thing I could have tried!! I have applied it twice a day for about 4 months and the difference is quite astounding!! My skin is considerably smoother - hitting 30 it went not just acne prone but rough too and lines were appearing (everywhere)! It has smoothed, evened out my skin tone, reduced fine lines and for an oil - not only has it not made me break out more but I'm convinced the massaging of the oil into my skin has actually stopped spots turning from bumps to the (I hate to say it) almost boils I had before!! Please note, you can't slap this stuff on like a day cream, more is less as far as I'm concerned! To help me regulate this I rub it into my knee first then what is left on my finger tips I massage in! I can't praise this product enough and if like me you are (we're) really at your wits end about how to even out your skin tone etc, I would definately give it ago! I'm guessing persistence is the key with this product, two applications is not going to turn you into an air brushed super model, but for me both my face and knee seem to have improved considerably from using this and I will continue to do so!! Xx

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2013 2:16:00 AM More reviews by carolinevictoria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this product to soften the look of my stretch marks on my hips and buttocks; I was a runner before I hit puberty and my skin stretched immensely. The scars are indented and white. Of course I wasn't expecting a miracle & have them vanish, but having sensitive skin and using a product with such a strong chemical odor; I should have known better. I broke out into a massive rash, that eventually turned dry and flaky. It certainly did not help my confidence in its entirety. I've since used the oil in smaller amounts on small scratches to prevent scaring, it seems to only work on new 'damaged' areas.