July 30, 2014 | 1994 users online

Skincare - Body - Bio Oil - All Products

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by peachez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this because of all the rave reviews I had read about it. After using it for a few months, I felt that while it did not do much for my existing scars, it made my skin really smooth and it stopped my t-zone from producing as much oil. I think it is a decent product, but I'm not a big fan of oils as moisturisers so I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by anabolina

I've only been using bio oil for 3 weeks, but my skin does seem smoother. Despite mineral oil being the frist ingredient, it hasn't broken me out either. I use it in the morning and in the evening. I have noticed my skin getting oilier in the middle of the day since using this and I haven't yet seen any improvement in the look of the sun spots on my face. Still it makes my skin smoother and doesn't irritate my skin or cause a break out, so I'll keep using it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by lainysmall

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just bought it and have my fingers crossed! I have a lot of brown spots and I will update after a few months.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2013 5:55:00 AM More reviews by saribali

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I used Bio Oil on my face after being cautious and reading on their website that it wouldn't cause breakouts blah, blah blah... Huge cystic breakout on my jaw and sides of my neck. That was a couple of years ago and I still have the scars/red marks even after some laser treatments.. Never ever again. Petroleum based. I'm not a fan of putting petrol by products anywhere except my car, definitely not on my face!

I now use organic cold pressed rosehip oil which makes my skin glow with zero breakouts.

If you are wanting to prevent stretchmarks during pregnancy, wheatgerm oil with essential oil of mandarin added is amazing (I forget the exact proportions). I've had 3 10lb babies and not one stretch mark. Believe me, I suffered from stretchmarks during crazy growth spurts in puberty and my Mum and sister have terrible marks on their bellies from preganancy and I was expecting the worst. Wheatgerm oil stinks but it works!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 4:25:00 AM More reviews by TinkyBlink

I write this review from the point of view of NOT using it on stretchmarks but more for hydrating and maintaining the delicate face on the skin.
I love it. I use it daily. I don't always use it before work because it does take time to soak in fully but I should be more mindful of this and put it on a bit sooner before I'm due to leave the house!
It's helped tremendously with my dry cheeks, does not give me spots on my forehead and has totally rebalanced the skin around my nose which has previously been absolutely horrid.
My only gripe is the bottle gets oily - not sure how I'm managing it haha.
I used it recently to soothe the skin around my nose when I had a bad cold and was blowing it constantly and it worked amazingly. Normally I get a very sore nose when I'm not well but this time I didn't - at all.
Overall I've got no plans to change and when I saw them in bigger packs in Costco I bought a pack, so you know I'm committed to it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by yoyolanda

If you aren't lazy and apply this stuff night and day you will notice a change. If you are of a darker skin tone you might have to apply 3x daily or splurge on a Rx cream. But for a fair skin girl who's gained 10 lbs I am happy that I didn't gain stretch marks too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Hankemac

When I first read the reviews where people talked about applying an oil to your face for evening out skin tone, preventing ageing and reducing acne breakouts I literally laughed, scoffed even!! I thought with my acne prone and scarred skin there is absolutely no way - on earth - an oil will be touching my face!! Then I broke my knee and had to have open knee surgery - I had heard of Bio Oil as something that you might as well give a go to reduce the scarring and thought why not, my knee can't look any worse surely!! So I started to rub it into my scar twice a day, then as I was off work anyway I thought - why not try on my face too and see what happens - if it makes me look worse at least I won't be at work for everyone to comment on!! Well I must say for me it is possibly the best thing I could have tried!! I have applied it twice a day for about 4 months and the difference is quite astounding!! My skin is considerably smoother - hitting 30 it went not just acne prone but rough too and lines were appearing (everywhere)! It has smoothed, evened out my skin tone, reduced fine lines and for an oil - not only has it not made me break out more but I'm convinced the massaging of the oil into my skin has actually stopped spots turning from bumps to the (I hate to say it) almost boils I had before!! Please note, you can't slap this stuff on like a day cream, more is less as far as I'm concerned! To help me regulate this I rub it into my knee first then what is left on my finger tips I massage in! I can't praise this product enough and if like me you are (we're) really at your wits end about how to even out your skin tone etc, I would definately give it ago! I'm guessing persistence is the key with this product, two applications is not going to turn you into an air brushed super model, but for me both my face and knee seem to have improved considerably from using this and I will continue to do so!! Xx

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2013 2:16:00 AM More reviews by carolinevictoria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this product to soften the look of my stretch marks on my hips and buttocks; I was a runner before I hit puberty and my skin stretched immensely. The scars are indented and white. Of course I wasn't expecting a miracle & have them vanish, but having sensitive skin and using a product with such a strong chemical odor; I should have known better. I broke out into a massive rash, that eventually turned dry and flaky. It certainly did not help my confidence in its entirety. I've since used the oil in smaller amounts on small scratches to prevent scaring, it seems to only work on new 'damaged' areas.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by LilyofVenus

This oil is really good for facial massage - it isnt too greasy and it absorbs quite well, as long as you dont use too much. If you have oily skin it might not work well under make up but not too many people use oil as a daily moisturiser anyway.
Not sure how this works on stretchmarks as I havent used it for that, but it absorbs really well into the skin on my body and it doesnt smell too bad either

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Thao0226

I'm pregnant and wanted to prevent stretchmarks. At this point, I'm only 14 weeks so I haven't stretched out anyway, but bio oil smells soooooo bad that I dread using this every time. I cannot, cannot, cannot imagine why anyone would want to smell like bio oil. It smells like (please forgive me) older people, or like, grandma's perfume, maybe even grandma's house, that kind of thing. All I know is I am too embarrassed to smell like bio oil out of the house, so rest assured I am not using it as much as I should. The smell LINGERS and sticks to your clothes. So I put it on at night (I have to use up this huge bottle!) and put whatever I had on that night into the laundry.

Is it helping with stretch marks? Who knows. I used some on my thigh stretchmarks and I couldn't tell just yet. It smells so awful that I'd prefer stretchmarks if this were my only option.

Also, dont use this on your face, they claim it's safe to but it will break you out.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No