December 17, 2014 | 1683 users online

Skincare - Body - Bio Oil - All Products

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2013 12:58:00 PM More reviews by YXXC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just say "No"! Bio-oil is marketing hype. Contains mineral oil which derives from petroleum (that's petrol to you and me), and do you want petrol on your skin? Exactly. Before I became Bio-oil savvy, I used it 3 or 4 times a day *commitment* for 3 months and my scars were all EXACTLY the same. Go for a decent oil that contains just that, oil, like Clarins, Darphin, Ren, balanceMe (sic) ... For more honest reviews, 'like' Face Up To It on Facebook, Twitter @YoCalliss, yocalliss.wordpress.com. Thanks :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Ubiquity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bio Oil definitely works for me. I've been using it for about 5 months on my scars (stretch marks on my boobies and thighs due to weight fluctuations, a couple of insect bite scars on my legs and a 3cm surgical scar on my arm), all of which I must say are now visually improved. Especially the stretch marks on my chest as they were quite old and prominent! I use Bio Oil twice a day (a drop on each troubled areas and massaging it for about a minute), right after showering after patting dry my body. I also find that it's moisturising enough for summer so I don't need to use any body lotion.

Another great use for Bio Oil that I recently found is it also works as an amazing makeup remover. Whenever I have slightly heavier makeup on, I'd massage a drop of Bio Oil all over my face (lips and eyes included) and use three drops of Avene Micellar Lotion on cotton pad to wipe it all down. It removes all traces of the most waterproof mascara / eyeliner and leaves my face feeling cleansed without being dry. I've never had any problem with breakouts with this and I don't understand why some people are bothered with the smell, I think it's really pleasant without being disturbing or overpowering at all. Best of all, for it's multi-purposes I find it very economical 200ml at £15.99 and long lasting as very little goes a long way (I'm barely using up half of the big bottle that I purchased for the first time).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2013 6:00:00 AM More reviews by kwlev

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bio Oil definitely works. I bought this because I had dark marks on my face from acne and uneven skin tone. The results were almost instant; most of my dark marks faded away within a few weeks and my skin tone evened up a bit. After about 1 month the effects started to slow down and there hasn't been much improvement. 4 months on and I still have a few dark spots and my skin's abit patchy but I still use Bio Oil because it gets rid of new dark spots that appear, not the old ones.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2013 2:11:00 AM More reviews by Roxy2323

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It's a pretty good product (however, it's not quite the "god-send" that people can make it out to be.) That being said it's pro's are: 1) Great for moisturizing!
2) A little can go a long way
3) Makes skin soft and supple
4) Very slightly reduces stretch marks/scars (however the newer the better!)

The negative's are: 1) Doesn't reduce older stretch marks (even after continuous every day use for 6 months or more.) Not going to lie, that was a real bummer, since I had lost over 50lbs 3 years ago & had/have horribly bad stretch marks on my tummy (which are slightly faded now at least, but def still noticeable) Lol, bikini's will just never be for me, if it's not one thing, its another lmao.

2) In the summer I've noticed that because my skin is naturally oilier (in the winter I tend to have dry sensitive skin) that it will make my skin break out in combination with all the excess oil that I naturally produce in the summer. So, if you naturally have oily skin just be careful and maybe use it a little less frequently, try it out and see which regimen works best for you. In the summer for me instead of using it everyday I had used it every other day. That seemed to slightly tone down the breakouts during the summer.

Overall it's worth a try, especially because everyone's chemistry & skin are very different from one another & you never know, you might end up getting even better results than the last person. It's worth a shot though and good luck everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by hellokatie1618

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love love love Bio Oil! This is a godsend when my eczema flares up in the winter. Nothing else moisturizes my stubborn skin. I don't recommend this for you though if your skin is not terribly dry. This is definitely a winter staple, it helps juicy up any dry spots before makeup application. You do need to wait a few minutes for it to skin into your skin, and if it isn't sinking into your skin, definitely put on too much.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2013 3:12:00 AM More reviews by ooohdiamonds

In terms of diminishing the appearance of my stretch marks, this product provides minimal improvement. However, it terms of providing moisture and suppleness to the skin, it does an excellent job. I would apply straight to my arms, torso and legs after a hot shower, and my skin would drink it right up. It gave the appearance and feel of silky smooth, supple skin too. I think this will make a great body oil for those with dryer skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by egoh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using the Bio Oil for 6 months, mainly as a moisturizer for the face. It's been an okay product for me. A few drops goes a long way and even after 6 months, I still have about 1/3 bottle left. No real improvement as far as my skin goes but it also doesn't break me out. I probably will not buy this again when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2013 8:32:00 AM More reviews by Kristinaweaver08

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this for my stretch marks on my stomach and then read the pamphlet and it said you can use it on your face so I started doing that. And it is really great as a facial product. My skin looks dewy and it doesn't take too long to soak it in even though its an oil. It gives my face a nice tone and glowiness. I also told a friend to try it as such an after one day of her using it I noticed a glow to her face to and her skin tone was evened out! Definitely a great face product. As far as stretch marks I haven't noticed significant change there buy it also said use it for 3 months for best result and its only been a month.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by jenblondet

This product is amazing. I have really sensitive skin so I have to be really careful with what i put on my body because it can cause breakouts but this oil is really a miracle. I put it on at night all over my body and face. My skin feels really really soft and when I wake up I swear I see brighter skin. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 5:04:00 AM More reviews by Bravehearts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Hello hi there!!!! I've had scars since I was in my early early teens and tried so many products. But nothing worked for me. I users this only for 2 weeks to s such a noticable difference in my face!!!!! My scars have really really lightened! Barely visible anymore! The scars now are really light and with a few more months of using bio oil, I'm sure my face will be really clear! YAY!!!!! But however for some it causes breakouts. So try to put in a patch of your skin first then apply it to you whole face if all is fine! This is indeed an miracle product. :-) Cheers to all! You should definitely give this a go!!!!!!!