September 23, 2014 | 1794 users online

Skincare - Body - Bio Oil - All Products

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 7:12:00 AM More reviews by Enkida

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a good massage oil. I bought (and finished) myself a bottle of it during my second pregnancy and afterwards, to massage my belly and try to fade stretch marks. It worked wonders on the stretch marks on my arms, and did almost nothing for the (new AND old) stretch marks on my belly.

As an oil, it's pleasantly (not) scented, thick, hydrating, and nice to work with. As a miracle scar fader, it's actually been proven that the physical daily massaging owning an oil inspires does more to fade scars than the oil itself. But as a motivator to get yourself to regularly massage scar tissue, it works well.

I rated it 4 stars because I think you could get the same results with any other massage oil of your choice, and it's a little bit expensive. But, it's a solid performer, not bad by a long shot. You do have to be consistent about usage to see any results, obviously.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 6:56:00 AM More reviews by phuongxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have extremely oily and acne prone skin which tends to get some flaky spots in the winter. I'm 16 to be and i've suffered from acne since grade 7 and my acne spots have diminshed but sadly i have scars left behind.

Bio oil DID help my scarring and discolouring. It helped to even out my complexion and redness and made my skin look more glowy and film. This hydrates my skin in the winter well. I only use this at night on the weekends since it does make you really oily in the morning when you wake up (i have oily skin). A LITTLE goes a long way so dont slap on too much.

This has helped to smooth out my skin and leave a dewy finish and it has NOT broken my out. As long as you keep a strict skincare routine with the fundamental basics such as; cleanser, toner, moisturiser, than this should not break you out.

Overall, i would buy this product again. But be consistent with this product and dont give up on it, use it regularly, everyday and night for at least 3 whole months and you'd notice a difference.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by syrli

i have bought this product after i heard alot of good reviews from the net... i am not convinced yet, but in the beginning i thought it had diminished some of my wrinkles on my jawline/or smile line:O) but now again im not convinced,they are still there... i'm still on the fence with this one.But will use intil i find something else cause i still have hopes on it doing something for the better;) lol or atleast i will use up this bottle and then i'l see.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Cherrybello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

So... I am experimenting with most of my beauty products and skin care at the moment... mixing things up a bit and watch them compliment each other. I love this product, it does say you need to persevere with the application to diminish the appearance of stretch marks. I have them around the sides of my bum, and far upper thigh, I applied them for a month or so and while they are not gone completely, I definitely see the difference, treatment is still ongoing. Aside from the advertised improvement on the appearance scar/stretch marks, what I love about this is the extreme hydrating effect on the skin. I would mix this with Garnier Body Intensive 7 days repairing lotion 1:1 ratio, apply all over and feel the total smoothness my skin, stay hydrated in middle of winter for at least one week without applying any other body lotion. Pretty incredible.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2013 9:45:00 AM More reviews by Maggiepup

This product I think is a little overrated. It promises a lot though the results are so minor and there are so many other products that do the same thing for a cheaper price its really expensive for such a small bottle. However I guess it is good if you are looking for little fix, it's not life changing however it also maybe good for during pregnancy but not extreme stretch marks. I used it for my acne marks and it sort of did something but hardly also I'm pretty sure it's not going to work for extreme scars or stuff like that. The only good thing is that if you keep your skin clean it won't cause break outs.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2013 6:03:00 AM More reviews by Dolly444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I put on about two stone in my first year of Uni and ballooned up on my bottom half. I did gain a little weight on my stomach and upper arms but the problem area was my thighs and bum! My skin clearly couldn't cope with such a rapid weight gain and I developed these awful stretch marks on my hips, buttocks and (worst) inner thighs.

The hips and buttocks didn't bother me too much since your hips are clearly more taut than inner thighs, hence I knew the marks on hips would fade pretty quickly (plus you can cover them easily). I soon became very upset when swimming/wearing shorts etc because these awful 'scratch marks' (as someone called them - it broke my heart) were really visible on inner thighs (with the flesh there being quite soft!)

I tried Palmers stretch mark cream but that wasn't working for me. In desperation, I saw an ad for Bio Oil and thought I was prepared to spend anything just to get rid of them/reduce appearance.

For the first few weeks I applied it morning and night (hated applying it in the morning though then getting dressed, at least at night you're about to go to bed!). It didn't work at all, I was more upset that I'd spent a lot of money too.

After a few months however, the stretch marks on my left thigh started to diminish in appearance. They became less purple and more of a pink (sounds hideous I know, but anything is better than purple!). I wasn't sure whether this was the effect of Bio Oil or the fact time had 'healed' the wound I was starting to believe Bio Oil may be worth a chance.

Basically, I think Bio Oil needs persevering with. Obviously stretch marks can never be removed with a lotion but I think Bio Oil is okay for a home treatment if you're just after diminishing the appearance. I think I would repurchase just because when I go on holiday again I will probably be at my wits end trying to do anything to reduce their appearance but I wouldn't say I was entirely satisfied.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by peachez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this because of all the rave reviews I had read about it. After using it for a few months, I felt that while it did not do much for my existing scars, it made my skin really smooth and it stopped my t-zone from producing as much oil. I think it is a decent product, but I'm not a big fan of oils as moisturisers so I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by anabolina

I've only been using bio oil for 3 weeks, but my skin does seem smoother. Despite mineral oil being the frist ingredient, it hasn't broken me out either. I use it in the morning and in the evening. I have noticed my skin getting oilier in the middle of the day since using this and I haven't yet seen any improvement in the look of the sun spots on my face. Still it makes my skin smoother and doesn't irritate my skin or cause a break out, so I'll keep using it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by lainysmall

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just bought it and have my fingers crossed! I have a lot of brown spots and I will update after a few months.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2013 5:55:00 AM More reviews by saribali

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I used Bio Oil on my face after being cautious and reading on their website that it wouldn't cause breakouts blah, blah blah... Huge cystic breakout on my jaw and sides of my neck. That was a couple of years ago and I still have the scars/red marks even after some laser treatments.. Never ever again. Petroleum based. I'm not a fan of putting petrol by products anywhere except my car, definitely not on my face!

I now use organic cold pressed rosehip oil which makes my skin glow with zero breakouts.

If you are wanting to prevent stretchmarks during pregnancy, wheatgerm oil with essential oil of mandarin added is amazing (I forget the exact proportions). I've had 3 10lb babies and not one stretch mark. Believe me, I suffered from stretchmarks during crazy growth spurts in puberty and my Mum and sister have terrible marks on their bellies from preganancy and I was expecting the worst. Wheatgerm oil stinks but it works!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No