October 20, 2014 | 1895 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eye Enhancers Trio - Shimmering Sands

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by polkadotxo994

This is so beautiful! Its shimmering radiance is spectacular! I love the lightest two shades dearly, but the darkest isn't very pigmented, sort of dry, but you can work with it using water and packing it on well. This trio creates such a pretty everyday wearable look!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore this trio from CG! It has 3 really great neutral go to shadows that can be used every single day!! i love each and every one!
PRICE/AVAILABILITY- this is trio will run you around $4-5 depending on your area & sales etc. Covergirl products are readily available in most drugstores like Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid as well as Walmart, Target.
SHADE/FORMULA- Shimmering Sands come with 3 pigmented soft & neutral shadows. all three shadows do have a shimmer to them but nothing that will stop me from wearing them daily. From left to right
First shade is a darkened bronze brown with a slight taupe undertone. dark enough for crease work. it may not be dark enough for some but i like it for my crease & outer v area. its multi faceted meaning, it looks light in some areas while in some light its darker & almost looks more dark brown. its amazing. great contour color. Next up is my favorite shade- this one reminds me alot of the single shadow Tapestry Taupe from CG singles line which is often compared to Satin Taupe. This is def a gorgeous taupe shade. a grayish purple with a brown undertone. this is also a great multi-faceted shadow that can be sheered out or worked up to be darker. crease or lid- its a gorgeous awesome shadow, one of my favs. Lastly is a soft cream with a pink undertone. great for highlighting or the inner corners of eyes. can be sheer or built up for more intensity. great way to add a slight pop of something different than say a white. its so pretty.
all of these are pressed well, take to your brush & apply with no fall out. they blend great. i suggest using primer & also maybe a cream base so that way the staying power increases. these on their own on my normal lids will stay around 5 hrs or so without fading or creasing but w/ some primer & base- they stay put for 8 hrs or more! These are so soft & the pigmentation on these 3 is wonderful! i know some of these trios/shadows are misses but def not this trio!
PACKAGING- this trio comes in the standard dark navy glossy plastic compact with a hard see thru plastic snap front lid. comes with a sponge tip applicator that will work in a pinch. no mirror. the compact & simple & sturdy. i imagine with rough handling, it may be prone to cracking but i havent had that happen. They are small enough to throw in your bag & these 3 colors are great for traveling since you can have many looks with just 3 shadows!
You get about the size of a quarter of eyeshadow so thats a fair amount of shadow. all the same size. i havent made a dent with how much ive used this which is amazing. this will last a long time.
overall- wonderful go to no fuss neutral palette with my fav taupes! wonderful for so many daytime looks also if you can have night time w just adding a darker outer corner color! i love this. prob will repurchase if CG would ever quit testing on the poor innocent animals! As i am more informed now of how Makeup companies dont follow the same morals & beliefs i have.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was the only eyeshadow i wore all through highschool but then again that was before i discovered the HE side of makeup. I'll say this, if forced back into buying strickly DS makeup again id prob go back to this trio because the shades worked so well for me.

EDIT: I recently repurchased this trio to see why i liked it so much back in the day & i must say i can see why. The middle shade works so well as a wash & the lighter color is a great highlighter. I was actually on a hunt recently for this exact shade (middle color) but hadn't found anything that made me happy, THIS hit it dead on & makes me happy :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by honeydirt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm usually not a fan of shimmery eye shadows but I really like this trio! I like this e/s can be worn at work, at lunch, going out shopping, or basically any day.

There's only three eye shadows in this so it's not that hard to mess up. But i find the lightest color to be a bit too frosty/light for my likings. So I mainly use the other two, the middle color in the inner half corner and the darkest in my crease/the outer half corner.

I find the staying power to last a while, and with a primer it's even better.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Dq287

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love this. It's the perfect everyday eyeshadow for me, and I've gotten a lot of compliments whenever I've worn it recently. It makes me feel pretty without feeling overly done, and I think the colours work together beautifully.

Here is a tutorial that I did on my youtube channel showing how I like to use them!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2011 11:00:00 AM More reviews by kk82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this trio since high school, and must say I still love it! I have tried other brands just to experiment, but for the price and pigmentation it is more than worth it. I will say it is VERY shimmery, as long as that is the look I am going for then I am in a good place!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2011 3:35:00 AM More reviews by Daisss

This is a great little trio! Three neutral colors that work well together, and apply easily. The two lighter shades are (as previously mentioned by other reviewers) a bit more shimmery than I would would have liked, but for the price this product is fantastic! The shadows are very similar to some of my urban decay colors. Though obviously not quite as velvety and pigmented, they are a quarter of the price, so they can't be beat!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2011 4:12:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I brought this a long time ago (when it was raved alot by some of the YouTube beauty guru's) but never really used it that much. I like the shades in the pan (three very wearable neutral colours), but they don't apply so well on me. The lightest shade (far right) I found to be the worst. The texture is very crumbly and has a frosty sheen that I can't seem to wear too well. The middle shade is slightly better, probably a bit too sheer for my liking which is why I prefer it for a highlight colour instead. The darkest shade (far left) is the most pigmented out of the three and shows up the best on my NC30 skintone. It's the most firmly pressed shadow out of the three and I don't get as much fallout with that particular shade. Overall, not too bad for the price and is much better than a previous palette I tried out from them.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I guess this is some kind of a cult classic or something. I have used this off and on for years. The price is right and you can create soft, pretty looks with it. It is also easy to throw in a bag to travel with. .

I rated 4 stars instead of 5 because it might be too warm for cool toned girls. I like Cafe au Lait better with my cool coloring.

These Cover Girl palettes are perfect for teens just starting out with makeup. The colors are soft and pretty and the price is pretty much dirt cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by urbankiwiii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my go to every morning when I don't have time to really do my eyes. The 3 colors go well together for an easy day look. The peach color looks great on the inner corners and on the brow, and all 3 colors blend easily together. The middle taupe color is a great over the lid wash. I'd definitely buy this again!