MAC Veluxe - Beauty Marked

3.6

While I do love this color, I don't wear it often, so I don't think I'll buy it again, and if I do, it most def won't be soon. It does look different on then it does in the pan, but applied with the other shadows, this can look very pretty.

on 2/21/2010 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

Like most other reviewers, I agree that this shade looks much different in the pot than on the lid. I was a moron and didn't swatch this before I bought it - (it was my first ever MAC purchase and I didn't realize how important swatching is.) Anyway, in the pot it's a lovely deep burgundy shade with plenty of glitter. Would look absolutely gorgeous on the skin if that's what really came out. Instead, on my very fair skin, it just looks dark gray/black. I've found a use for it by wearing it on the very corner of my lid to darken my look. But other than that, I can't figure out what to do with it! I blame myself, and have learned my lesson. Such a shame!

on 2/21/2010 4:00:00 AM

I absolutely love this color and wear it often... My only complaint is that it looks much different when you wear it than it does in the pot. Had to take off a lippie for that!

on 2/17/2010 8:01:00 PM

Looked GORGEOUS in the pan, but when I swatched it, it was hardly pigmented at all. It is a soft black, & the shimmers hardly show. I found a way to make it somewhat work. I use Blacktrack fluidline as a base, then apply this. The subtle shimmer gives it some oomph, and the blacktrack makes it darker. Would not buy again, but i will use this up.

on 2/16/2010 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Beauty Marked was a huge let down for me. It was recommended by a friend who loved it - but compared to my other black/dark eyeshadows; Dark Soul pigment, UD Zero, Oil Slick.. this was horrible. Not dark, not black, not burgundy.. not shimmery. Waste of time. Wish I could give it back.

on 2/11/2010 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This eyeshadow is really pretty in the pan but that is about. It does not have that much pigmentation. After I am done using it I am not going to buy it again. It truly is a shame since I usually love anything with purples but. . . . :(

on 2/3/2010 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the color of this eyeshadow...in the pan. The first time I used it it looked just like Mont Black only with purple glitters. I found that using artifact paint pot as a base really helps bring out the magenta in the shadow and makes it less harsh.
Overall the eyeshadow is very nice ( Silky, applies well, etc.) and its nice in the crease or V for a nighttime smoky look.
I dont think I would buy this shadow again because I doubt i'll ever finish it up.

on 2/3/2010 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

just like other have said, it looks amazing in the pan, so i didn't even bother to swatch it. once i used it, i was very disappointed. when i saw it on me, i noticed that there was no need for me to get it. i already had black tied, and all beauty marked looked like was a worn down black eye shadow. and the purple sparkle hardly showed up. i still have it. i don't like for any of my makeup to go to waste. but i can use this as a substitute for black eyeshadow any day.

**UPDATE**
Pat it on instead of swiping duhh, but it still was a purchase that i should of avoided because i have Black Tied

on 1/31/2010 11:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I absolutely love this eyeshadow. In fact, it is currently my favorite. The color is truly gorgeous and the descriptions and pictures do not do it justice. This shade works really well for a smoky eye or even on top of black liner to kick the look up a notch. The actual shade is hard to describe, but it is somewhere between black and purple with magenta glitter. The glitter is not overpowering or messy which is great and it looks especially great in the crease / outer corner. Would defintely buy this again!!

on 1/28/2010 1:55:00 PM

I love this!
It's my first MAC eyeshadow, but i'm really in love.
It's a superpigmented, black eye shadow whit little red glitters in it.
It is black, but the little sparkles give it a bit more touch. If you want something that is a bit more special than a normal black eye shadow, I'd recommend you this one.

Top Rated MAC Products