September 1, 2014 | 2205 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Veluxe - Beauty Marked

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2010 11:45:00 PM More reviews by hurdles2003

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Like most other reviewers, I agree that this shade looks much different in the pot than on the lid. I was a moron and didn't swatch this before I bought it - (it was my first ever MAC purchase and I didn't realize how important swatching is.) Anyway, in the pot it's a lovely deep burgundy shade with plenty of glitter. Would look absolutely gorgeous on the skin if that's what really came out. Instead, on my very fair skin, it just looks dark gray/black. I've found a use for it by wearing it on the very corner of my lid to darken my look. But other than that, I can't figure out what to do with it! I blame myself, and have learned my lesson. Such a shame!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2010 4:00:00 AM More reviews by GinaM98

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this color and wear it often... My only complaint is that it looks much different when you wear it than it does in the pot. Had to take off a lippie for that!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2010 8:01:00 PM More reviews by VintagePhoto

Looked GORGEOUS in the pan, but when I swatched it, it was hardly pigmented at all. It is a soft black, & the shimmers hardly show. I found a way to make it somewhat work. I use Blacktrack fluidline as a base, then apply this. The subtle shimmer gives it some oomph, and the blacktrack makes it darker. Would not buy again, but i will use this up.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 8:45:00 AM More reviews by PhanieRajh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beauty Marked was a huge let down for me. It was recommended by a friend who loved it - but compared to my other black/dark eyeshadows; Dark Soul pigment, UD Zero, Oil Slick.. this was horrible. Not dark, not black, not burgundy.. not shimmery. Waste of time. Wish I could give it back.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2010 8:55:00 PM More reviews by eveypoison

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This eyeshadow is really pretty in the pan but that is about. It does not have that much pigmentation. After I am done using it I am not going to buy it again. It truly is a shame since I usually love anything with purples but. . . . :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Roxxy6341

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the color of this eyeshadow...in the pan. The first time I used it it looked just like Mont Black only with purple glitters. I found that using artifact paint pot as a base really helps bring out the magenta in the shadow and makes it less harsh.
Overall the eyeshadow is very nice ( Silky, applies well, etc.) and its nice in the crease or V for a nighttime smoky look.
I dont think I would buy this shadow again because I doubt i'll ever finish it up.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2010 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Samelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

just like other have said, it looks amazing in the pan, so i didn't even bother to swatch it. once i used it, i was very disappointed. when i saw it on me, i noticed that there was no need for me to get it. i already had black tied, and all beauty marked looked like was a worn down black eye shadow. and the purple sparkle hardly showed up. i still have it. i don't like for any of my makeup to go to waste. but i can use this as a substitute for black eyeshadow any day.

**UPDATE**
Pat it on instead of swiping duhh, but it still was a purchase that i should of avoided because i have Black Tied

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2010 11:48:00 PM More reviews by pirateninja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this eyeshadow. In fact, it is currently my favorite. The color is truly gorgeous and the descriptions and pictures do not do it justice. This shade works really well for a smoky eye or even on top of black liner to kick the look up a notch. The actual shade is hard to describe, but it is somewhere between black and purple with magenta glitter. The glitter is not overpowering or messy which is great and it looks especially great in the crease / outer corner. Would defintely buy this again!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 1:55:00 PM More reviews by DarkDreamer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this!
It's my first MAC eyeshadow, but i'm really in love.
It's a superpigmented, black eye shadow whit little red glitters in it.
It is black, but the little sparkles give it a bit more touch. If you want something that is a bit more special than a normal black eye shadow, I'd recommend you this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2010 11:38:00 AM More reviews by eiieca

This eye shadow was the first thing that drew my attention when I wanted one. Its a dark purple, with small amounts of pink glitter.

However, it looks so different from the pan to the actual product on your eyes. I regret not taking a swatch, but I use it for a purple smokey eye. (with start violet).

Here it is $130 (I live in hong kong) which is quite expensive for a small pot of eyeshadows, so I would reccomend getting something like a pallet if mac has a sale.