Bare Escentuals Well Rested

3.9

Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Kaolin, Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 2/16/2010 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Let me start by saying that I hate when there are two or more sets of reviews for an item (in this case I think there are 2)
OK about the BE undereye concealer - it was ok, but I was not blown away like with other BE items. It did made my undereye look a little lighter, but there was no significant change, it was just a yellow-ish powder.
Most of the time I skipped that step and you could barely tell that I had no undereye concealer. Now my under eye area is not that bad too begin with, so maybe that is why I did not notice a difference.
However, I think a cream works better for that area.
I didn't hate, but I did not love, I would not buy it again.

on 2/16/2010 7:28:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

"This eye-brightening shadow base is a favorite among the sleep-deprived for its ability to magically diminish the morning-drowsiness that results from too little sleep or a long day's journey. Well-Rested works as a beautiful, eye-brightening shadow base, and can also be used to brighten dark shadows around the eyes, nose, lips and anywhere you feel you need an extra pick-me-up." -Bare Escentuals. I love using this to set my concealer. It gives my under eyes extra coverage and brightening. Love, love, love this! Definitely give it a try if your dark circles are severe and your concealer alone doesn't do it for you.

on 2/7/2010 4:27:00 PM

I'd like this better if it was not a loose mineral but for me (very fair neutral yellow) this is an awesome eyeshadow base. Every so slight sheen, mellow neutral yellow that blends into my skin and creates a smooth canvas. Use this every day although if I could find a pressed version of the same color I would check it out. This is an eyeshadow not a face powder, it's pretty highly pigmented. Good staying power. Taken how little I need to use this will last me for the rest of my life!

on 1/5/2010 2:54:00 AM

I really dont know about this. Hmmm i think my gripe with this is that it is slightly too dark for under eyes but slightly to mica-ish for the face. I love BE foundation in fairly light I think i will just use that under my eyes from now on, for me it works better

on 12/31/2009 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have used Well Rested for several years. I apply it to my lids and under eye circles with a max coverage brush. I use it as a base before I apply BE eyeshadows. It brightens my eyes and helps the shadow to wear longer. I have a pink tone to my skin so this really helps to brighten, tone down the red and to eliminate circles.

on 12/25/2009 3:44:00 PM

I bought this under eye concealer because long hours of studying have caused some really dark circles under my eyes! I love this product because it brightens up the area under my eye and makes people wonder how I manage a job and college and look refreshed.

on 12/3/2009 2:03:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I like this product, but only when paired with BE's Bisque. The Bisque covers up dark circles much better than Well Rested. What Well Rested does is add a little brightness to the undereye area. As with all BE products, it's important that your skin be well moisturized, or the product can get cakey. It's good to use a light hand with this product for the same reason.

on 12/3/2009 1:51:00 PM

I love this stuff. I use it everyday on my eyelids and under my eyes. The darkness under my eyes disappear and it last all day.

on 8/9/2009 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

My first impression of this product is that it was going to make me look ghostly (I have medium olive skin). My undereye circles aren't terrible, but sometimes I need a little concealer for that "flawless" look. I found that this product DOES work at covering my undereye circles. However there is a major catch... I have to use a ton of product under my eyes to achieve full coverage. If I use a 'light dusting' as recommended by the sales agent, there is not enough coverage. One advantage of this product is that it is easily blended with the foundation (I use medium beige for reference). The fact that I had to pack it on under my eyes was too wierd for me. Also it tended to gather in the creases under my eyes... and they're not even big creases. After a while it would make me look powdery, not a look I was going for. I didn't try this on the browbone or inner corner of the eye, maybe I should have done that, then I wouldn't have had to return it... but oh well, I have moved on to MAC studio fix concealer which is a full coverage concealer and you don't need a lot to cover undereye circles.

on 7/29/2009 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I been using this product for a year now. I use it as a primer to my eyelids and also as an concealer under my eyes. As an eye shadow it gives me nice little bit yellow base and i like to think that my make up stays longer. As a concealer, it is not good alone, but it gives me good base for other stuff. ( Benefit Eye Bright & Amazing Cosmetics concealer)

Top Rated Bare Escentuals Products