July 25, 2014 | 1790 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Clean Sweep Cleansing and Makeup Remover Towelettes

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by cookayhaikoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using these for about 4 years now. My mom has been using them for a lot longer, and they are her favorite. They remove my makeup VERY well. The only thing that I don't like is they seem to dry out easily, then they are more of a hassle to use. Overall, I am very pleased with these and will continue to use them.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2009 5:41:00 AM More reviews by sfreeman87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

These cloths were great, did an awesome job at removing my make-up but the packaging was horrible. The packaging didn't stay closed and I had about 5 wipes still left and they went to waste because they were completely dry. Otherwise I really liked them, but it's really a pain when something becomes unusable like that. I think I'm going to try the Boots Cloths because they have a plastic dispenser which might avoid them drying out like these ones did.
Good Product, bad packaging!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2009 7:27:00 PM More reviews by VVV

I recently began wearing liquid foundation again (MUFE HD) and found that my normal facial cleanser alone was not enough to completely remove it from my skin. I bought these wipes specifically to remove the foundation from my skin and they worked amazingly!

MU REMOVAL - FACE: These wipes removed every last bit of powder, foundation, primer, blush, all of it! My skin was left feeling fresh and completely makeup free. I have very sensitive skin and these wipes did not make me break out or cause any redness at all. I also have dry skin and these wipes did not leave my face feeling tight or itchy. I was careful not to rub too hard and just let the texture of the wipe do the work. This worked so incredibly well! Not a trace of mu left of my face, just a clean fresh feeling.

MINUS ONE LIPPIE: The package says that these wipes can remove eye makeup also so I thought I would give it a try. These wipes just didn't work out well for me for eye mu removal. Bear in mind I have overly sensitive eyes and I normally use a lotion-y remover with my fingers.

BOTTOM LINE: I'm a first time buyer and I'm really happy I got these. They work fantastically for removing my foundation and my skin is no longer angry at me for wearing the makeup. :) I still continue to use my regular facial cleanser after these wipes as part of my routine and this works great for me. I will definitely buy these again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2009 1:06:00 AM More reviews by HMB25

I got a sample packet of these with q-tips I bought the other day (I know, RANDOM). I ended up bring them along with me on a camping trip a couple days later when I tried them for the first time. LOVE THEM!

They are so easy, especially in times (like camping) where washing your face with water & cleanser is not that easy. Or if you're just lazy, like me. :)

They come in a super simple resealable pouch. I was impressed actually that the pouch sealed so well, I was expecting them to dry out pretty quick but nope!

They smell great, take the makeup off, moisturize REALLY WELL (my husband kept saying how soft my face was) and best of all, are very gentle and help with break out prone skin. I'm not usually a fan of Ponds products but I will definitely be heading to the store to pick up a new packet of these babies! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2009 5:13:00 PM More reviews by noname103

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the drugstore generic version of this product (but the same formula) and loved it. It really saved me when construction workers in my home shut off the water and I was stuck with a faceful of makeup. Did a fantastic job of removing concealer, foundation, and eyeshadow, but was a little less than stellar in removing waterproof mascara. Still, it left my skin feeling nice and smooth. Towel size was larger than expected and it was textured but not rough, helping to wipe the makeup off. Also, the towels were appropriately moist--not too wet and not too dry. Although the package says it's alcohol-free, a few of the ingredients ARE alcohol, and I did feel that alcohol-reminiscent sting in some dry areas of my face. Overall though, I did not feel that it was too drying for my normal/combo skin, though it probably would be if used daily. I recommend buying this for use on trips, etc. The small travel size pouch is resealable and comes with 5 towelettes. I recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2009 10:22:00 AM More reviews by win24

I've also bought these so many times I've lost count. These are great for taking off makeup when I need to do it quickly. I keep mine in the original plastic case, so they don't dry out. I've tried others, but these work the best and my face feels clean. These feel great after I cut the grass as well...lol....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2009 10:13:00 AM More reviews by laurore44

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have repurchased these so many times, I've lost count. I've been using them since they were first available.

These are my go-to facial cleanser whenever I need to remove a full face of makeup. They remove all the makeup and leave my skin clean enough that I don't need a second cleanser afterward. I do rinse afterward nowadays, but for the first couple of years I didn't, and I never experienced any ill effects, even on my sensitive skin.

When I first started using them, I also noticed a skin-clearing effect. It did not clear all my acne, but it did reduce it. So I do think these wipes have a mild exfoliating effect; still, I find that I have to use a separate exfoliator in my daily routine to get the smoothing and skin-clearing effects that I need.

I do not like cleansers that strip my skin. These wipes leave my skin feeling soft and clean, but not tight and dry.

I have tried other wipes, but these are my favorite. They are the best at removing makeup without having to rub or pull at my eyes. The bit of residue they leave on my skin is easily rinsed off, and they don't irritate my skin.

I think the packaging could be improved. I'm not crazy about the sticky (adhesive) closure.

And one caveat about the makeup removing quality: It does not remove all my Estee Lauder Double Wear long-wearing foundation. This particular makeup is especially tough to remove.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2009 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Chickeys

These wipes are fantastic in pretty much every way -- cleans my normal skin flawlessly without overdrying, cheap, easy to find, and I can use the wipe as a washcloth for gentle exfoliation. The suds smell nice too, a very fresh scent. My only gripe is with the packaging, as the closure doesn't stay sealed and I have to put a piece of duct-tape on it so the wipes don't dry out -- I also carry the pack in a separate ziplock when traveling so my other toiletries don't get wet. I will continue to buy these for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2009 12:43:00 AM More reviews by redhair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really just use these cloths for exfoliating rather than cleaning my face, but the crazy thing is, even though I use these right after I've washed my face thoroughly I always see a bit more makeup on the cloths! No matter what soap or face wash I use before hand - these cloths will always get off what the others missed. These do a great job of exfoliating - gentler than a washcloth or harsh scrubs and more effective than those microbead ones. They have a generous amount of product on them and unlike other cloths I've used are not dried out by the time you get to the last cloth in the package. The only thing I don't like is if I don't rinse this off after I use it, it leaves my face slightly sticky, tight and sometimes makes me break out. So I don't know how much I'd like this if I was out and had no way to rinse it off. Still.... great product - I can't get over how well it gets the crap out of my pores!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2009 6:27:00 PM More reviews by FeliciaK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gosh, I must have been using this product for over 4 years now (wow!) One of the few products that has stuck around with me for that long! They come in a plastic package that is re-sealable which keeps them moist, and the towelettes aren't TOO moist or TOO dry, I think they are just right. A few years ago I think they made the towelettes smooth, but now I think they make them kind of rigid now like the towelette is perforated more so maybe we can wipe our faces better? Anywho, they still work very nicely if not better. I use them every night to take my make up off before I wash my face. It leaves my face clean and make up free, and since I use waterproof mascara everyday it takes that off with no tugging. I've tried some other liquid makeup removers and none worked as well especially with my waterproof mascara, so I always come back to this and it never fails. I have been repurchasing these and will continue to do so. Oh, I buy these from Costco now in bulk, its great!