August 22, 2014 | 1418 users online

Deodorants - Kiehl's - Superbly Efficient Anti-Perspirant and Deodorant Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2008 3:30:00 PM More reviews by petit_ami

I love this, it doesn't cut out my sweating completely but it definitely reduces it. What I love about it is that it dries quickly and doesn't have any smell whatsoever. I hate it when the scent of my anti perspirant interferes with the perfume I'm wearing. This product also doesn't leave any white marks or stains on my clothes. It costs more than regular drug store brands but I would definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2008 4:51:00 AM More reviews by manderly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been having major deodorant issues lately. I have no idea why, but I have 7 different deodorants in my cabinet right now. Each of them have been purchased in moments of desperation, followed by sweet, sweet success, followed again by the utter stench (literally) of failure.

Just to give you an idea of the range of products I've been through in the last 6 months or so: Certain Dri, Arid, Secret Platinum, Suave, Crystal Deodorants (2 of them, the solid rock and the roll on), Jason Tea Tree, *real* tea tree oil, and Kiehls deodorant.

I ran to the Kiehls display at Neiman Marcus based on the reviews here, and I have to say, the initial results were fantastic. No sweat, no smell, just perfect armpits. Fast forward (just a little bit) and we're back to utter disaster. Sweaty stinky mess by noon, and I work in an air-conditioned office. I think I've completely ruined my beautiful silk blouse.

This evening I picked up a stick of Mitchum, which in the past has lived up to it's tagline of "So effective you could skip a day".

I think there is something going on with my body though, and I may not be a good test of how well this works for the average person, since at this point in my life, Certain Dri can't even keep me dry.

The packaging is cute, doesn't look like deodorant. You squeeze a bit out and rub the rounded applicator along your armpits, though I found this annoying and used my fingers. It leaves you fingers feeling a little odd after you wash them, but it goes away soon.

I must say that the initial results were really wonderful, and if I can somehow return to those results again I would probably buy this product again. It is a little pricey for me though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2008 10:18:00 PM More reviews by jbabygirl88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If I could marry this deoderent I would. I live in South Texas where our summers top out at about 100 and our humidity stays just as high. This deoderent works better then anything I've ever used.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2008 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Jocky80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have to say that this is one of the few anti-perspirants that work for me. Under normal days it keeps me almoust dry, but I don't start to smell at all. Works well at the gym, I don't sweat like a pig, and I'm absolutly smell-free:)
The best part is that this doesn't leave a white film under your arms, that you get all over your clothes when putting them on, or dry out my skin like past anti-perspirants have done. Can you wish fore something better. Thanks Kiehls!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2008 1:00:00 AM More reviews by SAMm3

I get sweaty during my morning commute and just generally, I worry about underarm stains. I was so sick of yellow on my white shirts! I bought this because of the reviews here and I'm liking it. Usually I use Mitchum's gel. Secret Clinical didn't do anything for me and although I think Certain Dri does a good job, it's so hard to remember to put it on at night and since that's when I shower, I have to not shave or do it in the morning (Certain Dri stings!!!). Kiehls is nice to apply - you don't have to use your fingers, there's no scent, dries fast, no stings after shaving, no white bumps at the end of the day. It keeps me dry in the metro, and pretty dry throughout the day. It did a good job keeping me odor-free. That said, re: dryness it could use a boost, so I think I'll try Certain Dri at night and Kiehls in the morning. Not perfect, but Kiehls is the best I've found.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2008 1:48:00 AM More reviews by cla2vel

great product. i've tried many deodorants and nothing works for me quite as well as this one. it's unscented so there is no weird smell when i sweat, but it really minimizes my sweating. pretty expensive for deodorant ($16) but it works so well it's the only deodorant i use now. i recommend this product for people who sweat heavily

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2008 12:47:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Fortunately, I do not sweat all that much and do not have problems with body odor or wetness...that said, my issue with deodorants has always been the impossible to remove yellowish tinge that most of them leave on my clothes. I have been searching for something that didn't react with my body that way forever, and that didn't have a strong scent (I dislike heavy perfume or powder smells). Last summer I discovered Kiehl's deodorant and decided to give it a try -- and I *love* this stuff. This deodorant does the job and not a yellow mark on my clothes since I started using it. Not the cheapest option out there, but a little bit goes a long way and I am only on my second tube in over six months. My only complaint: this product still contains aluminum, which I would rather do without. Still: I will stick to this deodorant, no question.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2008 3:55:00 AM More reviews by buttermilk

I bought this product in an attempt to deviate from the normal drugstore brands (the ones that come in sticks and leave white residue on everything). This product had received tons of favorable reviews, so I thought it was the answer. I even bought the bigger size, because i was so sure. Unfortunately, after trying it for myself, I could not see the benefits.

From the beginning, application is annoying. Having to squirt out a lotion onto your fingertips to then apply to your pits is time consuming and awkward, especially when you're in a rush. Furthermore the product did not perform for me. It did not give me even 1 hour of protection on a hot day, let alone 24. This stuff was like wearing nothing at all. Very disappointed.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2008 2:10:00 AM More reviews by theotherself

Superbly efficient is indeed a good way to describe this product. I've never used a cream anti-perspirant before, and I'm quite amazed by how much better this is than the usual roll-ons. The main difference between this and a roll-on is that you don't have to wait for it to dry, because the cream simply sinks into skin. It feels "nicer" to use a cream too, like you're moisturising the skin rather than drying it out with alcohol. Despite what some reviewers have commented, there is no scent whatsoever to this product. More importantly, it keeps you pretty much sweat-free, even on super sweaty days in a humid tropical climate, and smell-free! There are no white flaky bits on your underarms at the end of the day too. Lovely product, I'll keep buying this even though it's rather pricey.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2008 6:44:00 AM More reviews by george3b

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I had such high hopes for this especially after reading all the raves. I am a really sweaty person no real BO but definitely sweaty and this worked for the first few days. I loved the way it dried quickly, didn't stain clothes and did not have a foul smell to it. The first few days I was drier than usual (not completely dry though) and when I did sweat it did not have that horrible sweat+chemicals smell. Thereon after, it just wasn't working anymore. I would be sweating from about a couple of hours of applying it and btw it's bloody winter at the moment! What more if it was summer?? Like i said after a few days of it working it was just non-existent - like I had nothing on at all. I dont know what went wrong. I did want to love it. Maybe it's my body chemistry? I dont know but will try Mitchum's smart solid and see how my luck goes with that.