Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

3.5

INGREDIENTS: Kaolin, Silica, Zinc Laurate, Polydecene, Magnesium, Phenyl Trimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May Also Contain: Mica, Bismouth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, and Ultramarines......... (Jan 2010 )......... Ingredient list: Talc, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, lauroyl lysine, phenyl trimethicone, zinc stearate, dimethicone, calcium silicate, silica, hydroxyapatite, isostearol neopentanoate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, sorbitan sesquioleate, tetrasodium edta, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, mica, iron oxides.

on 3/8/2011 4:08:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is definitely one of those products I have with me at all times. Great for touch ups, I use "Stay Buff" (01) to blot away shine mid-day, when my foundation needs a boost. This shade is perfect for my very fair skin -- it's really almost translucent, and does not deposit much color. It's not drying at all, even to my dry skin, and won't settle into fine lines -- it just leaves a flawless, soft finish.

For $20, my compact normally lasts me more than five months, too -- an excellent value! For reference, I wear NARS Siberia, NW5-10ish.

on 2/28/2011 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This used to my HG. I wore it in Stay Honey. It's great for very light coverage which is all I need. However, if you apply too much, it can look cakey and fake. I loved the case and the big mirror, however I didn't like the sponge and used a brush instead. The price is great compared to my current foundation, and I would repurchase if I hadn't found something I liked better! Definitely worth a try if you're looking for light coverage!

on 2/25/2011 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a really good pressed powder. The matte effect lasted almost all day with me, so i will definitely buy it again. Color range is nice, more yellowish. It didn't cause any breakouts. I loved Clinique's Clarifying make up pressed powder most, but unfortunately the don't sell it any more. This is a good substitute anyway. I highly recommend it for oily and acne-prone skin.

on 2/13/2011 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

For reference I am an NC-25 GGG. When I want to look slightly darker and totally glam (especially at night) I wear Clinique Stay Honey! Child....this powder makes my skin look fierce with a lighter lip and a gold eye eyeshadow or a dark liner. It smooths out my light brown skin tone and makes it look as if I have been tanning. I get so many compliments when I wear this and the men behave strangely as if in a trance. It does a fairly good job at taking away the shine but it gives excellent coverage and is finely milled. If you want to look very smooth try this. I sometimes use this powder and then dab the oil away with my Mac Blot powder in Medium/Dark.

on 1/31/2011 10:14:00 AM

I've been wanting to try this out but reading reviews here and on youtube, i was rather skeptical about getting it. I decided to pick this up after the sales assistant recommended me this over the Superpowder which i originally wanted.

I have very oily skin especially on my cheeks and a little on my t-zone. Blotting papers are fine but its rather troublesome to constantly blot my face every 15 mins or so. I used this powder earlier before i left the house and i was amazed that my skin looked matte for quite a few hours..only a slight sheen on my cheeks but my t-zone looked fine. I love that it makes my complexion seemed almost poreless.

I got this in Invinsible Matte and it looks great. Does not look cakey at all. And i was glad that they changed the case to the classic marble design. I absolutely hate the old light green case which imo looks cheap. I'm also not loving the puff that comes with this powder...it just feels icky and rubbery like to me. I may consider getting an ecotools brush to use with this powder. :-)

on 1/17/2011 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have extremely oily skin, and generally speaking, cosmetics will melt off my face within an hour. I've added a homemade primer (MOM + Monistat) to my regimen, and I use Revlon Colorstay (Cappucino/Caramel, depends on season) on top of that, and I've gotten wonderful results.

Usually, I put the powder on top of my foundation, and it gives me a nice, smooth finish. However, it completely fails in terms of oil control - this powder does absolutely nothing. I wanted to go for a lighter look and forgo applying my foundation, so I simply put a generous layering of the Clinique powder over the MOM + Monistat primer mix. Within 2 hours, the shine was so bad that I just had to take it off; reapplying doesn't work with this powder. When I used it with my Colorstay, the results were not that impressive. I'll have to keep looking for a good matte pressed powder.

And for reference, I am Stay Sienna in the pressed powder.

Love this product...previously was using the almost powder (clinique) and using it over my liquid foundation was finding it rather cakey. This is a great powder to use with liquid foundation. The coverage is sheer and upon touch ups does not get cakey. Good stuff!!! I will grab the invisable matte next though. The stay neutral is a little dark for my VERY pale skin!

on 12/3/2010 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I read the reviews on here, but when I tried it out in the store, I really liked it. This product doesn't really control my oil: first the result is pretty good, but then my skin gets really oily again, and I can't really put one more layer on, because this gets really cakey!

I love the green box it comes in - big mirror. I hate the sponge, though: it's the most gross smelling sponge I've ever smelled, and the colour doesn't aloud you to see where you actually have powder, so I replaced it with another.

I can also say that I have till now only tried it over foundation, and will probably update when I have the courage to not wear foundation again, to tell you how it works on bare skin.

Don't think I'll repurchase, 'cause it's so expensive.

on 11/29/2010 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i just bought this and i hate it. i have oily skin and this makes it worse. i will never buy this again

on 11/28/2010 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have oily skin and absolutly love this product! i've been using it for over a year now and i can't live without it. It's the one product i always carry with me. alot of people have been complaing about it looking slightly orangy, but as i'm very pale, i've always used the colourless shade 'invisable matte' and so i never have this problem. it's brilliant for setting my foundation but even if i don't have time to do my makeup in the morning i add a bit of this over my bare skin to help keep my oil at bay. I strongly recommend this powder to anyone with oily or very oily skin, it's amazing!

Popular Pressed Powders