October 2, 2014 | 1457 users online

Highlighters - Guerlain - Les Meteorites balls powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2008 9:14:00 PM More reviews by KathleenS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I recently got this in Beige Chic and tried it out for the first time today. I am really on the fence about how I feel about it. I put it on with my powder brush over my makeup as a last step this morning and while I mostly liked the matte effect I got initially. Maybe it is for days when I am more dressed up and want to feel really polished. I don't know. I am going to keep it and will continue to try it different ways until I get the look I want.

EDIT: Upgraded to 4 lippies. I use this almost everyday now and love the finish on my skin. It was one of those things I needed to get used to. It is certainly not a must have product though.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2008 8:54:00 PM More reviews by jenniedt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the smell, feel, and assurance that I get from putting this on as a last step to my makeup process. That said, I rdon't see the effect on my face. My friend tells me that these balls make her skin looks more luminescent in candlelight and I'm sure that's true. But how often am I sitting in candlelight to study my makeup? If I'm sitting in candlelight, whoever I'm with is probably drunk at that point. Still I enjoy the product, but won't buy again.

43 out of 49 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2008 11:48:00 PM More reviews by britnay_77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok, so I admit I bought these for the packaging... I got mythic, pink and beige chic. I used this over my mineral foundation, mythic all over beige chic as a bronzer (yes I'm incredibly pale!) and the pink one as a blush. Thankfully the shimmer was not noticeable which is something I always fear. I looked incredibly made up and mask like though and I almost thught twice about leaving the house :S... after 2 hours on the train (eurgh) I met up with my partner and we had lunch, he was looking at me very strangely and I started to worry but then he said... "you look so beautiful without makeup" LOL.... uhh thanks, I went to the ladies and checked it out... It didn't look cakey anymore, in fact I looked rather gorgeous. So after my initial reaction I am really loving these little balls, not just a gorgeous box after all :)

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2008 9:07:00 AM More reviews by Ania_Wang

I use it as a final step of my make up sometimes. It gives my face some glow... But I dont think this product is very usefull. It's just a beautiful box with beautiful balls inside, which gives your face some sparkling. That's it.

EDIT: Finally I realized that my make-up looks really beautiful and fresh with this stuff! I am in love with it! I am using it for 1 year already.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2008 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Lususnaturae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this product. It really makes my skin look even and glowing. But it should at the ridiculous cost. I bought the pressed version of the Meteorites because I thought that the compact was beautiful. In terms of investment I'd suggest getting the compact since (even though initially it is a HUGE ripoff) you can refill it, and it costs less than buying another set of the Meteorite Balls. They are great for those days when you're outside and your cheeks get pink, because they really bring out your natural colors. While I wouldn't buy the product again because of the price, and while I do think that the sales people at Saks did exaggerate a little (okay...a lot), I don't regret purchasing them the first time and I use them on a regular basis.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2008 3:29:00 PM More reviews by ceciliathegreat

I bought this at the duty free boutique as an exclusive traveler's edition containing all three colours (Mythic 01, Pink Fresh 02, and Beige Chic 03).
Of the three, I like Beige Chic the most because it's a mix of light browns, peaches, silver, and yellow balls, and thus had the most natural look. The other two Mythic and Pink Fresh were all multicolored mixtures (pink, blue, purple, turquoise, yellow, white...etc) that seem to give a weird luminizing "glow" if I can call it that by giving you LOTS OF SPARKLES on your face (they're not shimmer, but BIG sparkles!). The Beige Chic also has a lot of sparkles, but because of its more natural tones, look better on the face.
The product itself is quite frivolous and useless. It's NOT a face powder, but more of a highlighter. It does not absorb oil, set makeup, or have any other benefits. All you get are major sparkles which I despise. Also, the balls are not powdery soft either but rather very very hard and it takes some effort to actually get any product out onto the brush. Speaking of the brush, the hairs are a bit pricky, but I love how it's pink (earns one lippie). Finally, the packaging is cheap in a lil cardboard cyclinder that does not contain some of the loose powder, so each time you open/close the lid, you'll get a MESS!
I will not repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2008 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Tricho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought the compact version of this but it was the little spheres that I really wanted and I finally got around to buying them!
So....this product:
Pricewise, it's a total rip off, but I knew that when I went to buy it. I mean, you are just paying for some coloured powder balls with a nice smell in a cute little box.
In any case, there is a lot of charm about this product and I bought it becuase it's basically stupidly indulgent!! The smell is like Parma Violets, the sweets I loved as a child.
The spheres come in gold, white, green, purple and pink and they come in a round cardboard box with a multicolour and gold design on it.
These are NOT a highlighter, they are a finishing powder (a glorified one), so to the reviewer below, they woudln't have worked as a highlighter for you, because that's not what they are!
This product is meant to leave a flawless veil over your skin and each colour has a different property to it.......i won't reel through them but everyone knows that green counteracts red and pink adds a glow etc etc.
For the people that are losing the things all over the place, you just need to be gentle when swirling the brush around, I can imagine people thinking that they are whisking an egg when using this and that would be why they go everywhere! I've never had this problem though.
As far as does this actually work is concerned well......it depends what you expect from it. The price for me was 29. That is expensive for something like this, but the packaging has to be manufactured, the sphere's manufactured and the packaging isnt crappy either.............then there's the advertising.........if you are buying or even looking at guerlain you can't really complain about the price, it's frivolous make up really, and practical is not something on guerlains priority list!!
This powder does give a nice glow, it is much nicer for me than a flesh coloured powder or just a bog standard translucent powder, I can't imagine ever running out of this because i use so little on my brush, it will last me a long time so the price isn't that bad. If you are looking for something oil controlling or homely like bobbi brown then look elsewhere, this as i say is not practical, it's just plain frivolous, and if you are like me and have relatively no need for oil control and every need for a pretty box on your dresser then buy it and love applying it every day. I prefer this over normal powder, it blends in harsh lines and tones down over applied blush.
It is not a miracle worker, the price is all the packaging and marketing not a reflection of the products abilities.......so if you still want to buy it after reading this then I think it's definitely for you!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2008 11:51:00 PM More reviews by maggiec

Here is my first review here - Shame on you, LVMH!
Yikes! What an overrated product! Totally a waste of money and doesn't do anything. You'll have to really "imagine" its highlighting effect because it's simply close to useless. And it has a very CHEAP looking package too!
Will never buy anything from Guerlain. So very disappointed in their products. Just like other French luxury things, totally overrated and arrogant!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2008 7:35:00 PM More reviews by ilgs

I totally love it. A natural glow in 30 seconds or less! The art deco box is adorable, and it smells like roses. It also looks like it will last forever, and I'm heading for a new one the minute I run out of it. Actually, I'm thinking of getting the beige edition (I have the classic one).
But it has to be applied with a dense powder brush - like kabuki. Or a big, firm blush brush. The puff from the original package is a pretty pointless thing. (Actually, this is true for most powders. A good brush is your best friend.)
It also goes better with a thin layer of neutral base - I use just a tiny bit of Chanel universal compact powder on moisturized face, some concealer, no foundation.
Finally, be careful with the rosy edition - it can make your skin way too pink if you have some natural redness on your face.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2008 8:53:00 AM More reviews by imaginative02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i don't see any different after putting it on with a brush, but if i were to use a puff instead, i do see my skin more glowy.. smell pleasant.. but i would say the result does not justify the price of it.. i can get better result with paul and joe pressed powder or even anna sui pressed powder.. guess i will not repurchase next time.