December 18, 2014 | 1695 users online

Highlighters - Guerlain - Les Meteorites balls powder

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2008 1:30:00 PM More reviews by cavvie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I recently ran out and have yet to pick up a replacement and I really miss it. It makes all the difference. I wore it for my wedding day and my pictures tell the story, just beautiful, and I am my own worst critic. It imparts a dewy glow while controlling shine. I plan on getting more soon as I miss the look it goves me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2008 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Carciofi

I got this in Mythic 01 -- it's the one with lots of different colored balls; I think the overall shade/effect is described as "translucent."

I'm so glad I finally broke down and bought these! (Well...with a gift certificate! :-) Heehe!) Seriously, though. I got them this morning in the mail and rushed into the bathroom to try them out. I hadn't showered or washed my face, and I certainly didn't have any makeup on yet, but I couldn't resist -- I just had to see what would this powder would look like... And I LOVE it!!!!! I totally get it now! Either I'm just one of the lucky people for whom this powder really makes a difference, or I've gone loopy. I swear I can see a "huge" difference in the tone and quality of my complexion -- which is saying a lot because I definitely don't have great skin...***(See "Note" below!) The smell is intense, it's true; one reviewer said it smelled a little "old-lady-ish" or "grandmotherly" and I'd have to say I agree. But in a funny way this adds to the whole glam feeling of this product. It feels classy and elegant using it, and the scent doesn't really stay on the skin in an intense way, so I don't think it would interfere with perfume. The box is very pretty of course, which is a nice little *plus,* and I imagine this will last a long time (but most makeup does for me anyway...). Just be gentle when you're dipping your brush in the container, and you shouldn't have those little balls dropping around all over your bathroom!

***Note: I say "huge" difference only because it actually doesn't really change the COLOR of my skin, and it doesn't make me LOOK that different, but after I put it on I definitely look WAY BETTER... What it does is a little hard to describe... Yes, it adds a glow... I think mostly for me it somehow evens out my complexion and makes my skin look soft and clear... {Yay!!!}

I'll update this as I use it more, and in varied ways...but I'm pretty sure I'm going to continue loving it and using it a lot. If anything comes up, I'll let you all know!

For now my recommendation is this: If you've heard the hype but haven't purchased this because of the cost, see if you can test it out at a makeup counter somewhere (I don't have any suggestions, sorry!). That will convince you. If you can't do that, just save a few bucks here and there for a few weeks or months and treat yourself to this product when you've got enough dough. You'll spend more money on lots of random crappy products in the same amount of time, so you might as well just not waste your money on those, and invest in something "high quality" instead... At least it will make you feel glam and feminine and elegant and retro-chic (and all that good stuff!) every time you put it on -- even if you're the only one who knows you're wearing it! It's a treat!

PS: Expensive? Yes...but not as expensive (IMO) as some of those other industry standards...namely, Dior and Chanel cosmetics/skincare products. "Designer" makeup simply costs more money; don't we all know that...?

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2008 3:39:00 PM More reviews by sharis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After wanting this for years and years I finally broke down and paid my $50 so I could have the wonderful glowing skin everyone said I would get. Huh? I am completely baffled on this one. I bought the original Mythic 01 with the pink, green, white, gold balls. I have tried this with several different brushes and with my LM puff and still I get nothing. No glow, no highlighting, so magic candlelit look. Nothing. Big, fat, nothing. I've even gone so far as to do a half face and ask friends if they see any difference in the two sides. Nope. No difference. What I can't understand is the people who say they see big chunks of glitter? I mean, did I get a bad batch or something? I see no big chunks, little chunks or anything remotely resembling a chunk of anything. Not that I like glitter but at least with glitter I could see SOMETHING! I have to say that I think this is one of those "the Emporer's new clothes" products. I just don't know how else to explain it. Still, I'm glad I tried it after years of torturing myself thinking about it. Now I know it's a completely worthless product and I don't have to think about it anymore.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2008 9:17:00 PM More reviews by babyslk7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a sample of this from my Guerlain lipsticks purchased. The sample is considered a lot, comes in a small container, looks exactly like the full size one, only smaller version. Mine is the rainbow colors one, pink, lavender, green pastel, etc. This powder gives you a brighter complexion. I do advice to apply it lightly and wait for about 5 minutes and you will see the difference. It best suits for fair to light/medium skintone. Looks pretty good in pictures.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2008 9:14:00 PM More reviews by KathleenS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I recently got this in Beige Chic and tried it out for the first time today. I am really on the fence about how I feel about it. I put it on with my powder brush over my makeup as a last step this morning and while I mostly liked the matte effect I got initially. Maybe it is for days when I am more dressed up and want to feel really polished. I don't know. I am going to keep it and will continue to try it different ways until I get the look I want.

EDIT: Upgraded to 4 lippies. I use this almost everyday now and love the finish on my skin. It was one of those things I needed to get used to. It is certainly not a must have product though.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2008 8:54:00 PM More reviews by jenniedt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the smell, feel, and assurance that I get from putting this on as a last step to my makeup process. That said, I rdon't see the effect on my face. My friend tells me that these balls make her skin looks more luminescent in candlelight and I'm sure that's true. But how often am I sitting in candlelight to study my makeup? If I'm sitting in candlelight, whoever I'm with is probably drunk at that point. Still I enjoy the product, but won't buy again.

43 out of 49 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2008 11:48:00 PM More reviews by britnay_77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok, so I admit I bought these for the packaging... I got mythic, pink and beige chic. I used this over my mineral foundation, mythic all over beige chic as a bronzer (yes I'm incredibly pale!) and the pink one as a blush. Thankfully the shimmer was not noticeable which is something I always fear. I looked incredibly made up and mask like though and I almost thught twice about leaving the house :S... after 2 hours on the train (eurgh) I met up with my partner and we had lunch, he was looking at me very strangely and I started to worry but then he said... "you look so beautiful without makeup" LOL.... uhh thanks, I went to the ladies and checked it out... It didn't look cakey anymore, in fact I looked rather gorgeous. So after my initial reaction I am really loving these little balls, not just a gorgeous box after all :)

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2008 9:07:00 AM More reviews by Ania_Wang

I use it as a final step of my make up sometimes. It gives my face some glow... But I dont think this product is very usefull. It's just a beautiful box with beautiful balls inside, which gives your face some sparkling. That's it.

EDIT: Finally I realized that my make-up looks really beautiful and fresh with this stuff! I am in love with it! I am using it for 1 year already.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2008 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Lususnaturae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this product. It really makes my skin look even and glowing. But it should at the ridiculous cost. I bought the pressed version of the Meteorites because I thought that the compact was beautiful. In terms of investment I'd suggest getting the compact since (even though initially it is a HUGE ripoff) you can refill it, and it costs less than buying another set of the Meteorite Balls. They are great for those days when you're outside and your cheeks get pink, because they really bring out your natural colors. While I wouldn't buy the product again because of the price, and while I do think that the sales people at Saks did exaggerate a little (okay...a lot), I don't regret purchasing them the first time and I use them on a regular basis.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2008 3:29:00 PM More reviews by ceciliathegreat

I bought this at the duty free boutique as an exclusive traveler's edition containing all three colours (Mythic 01, Pink Fresh 02, and Beige Chic 03).
Of the three, I like Beige Chic the most because it's a mix of light browns, peaches, silver, and yellow balls, and thus had the most natural look. The other two Mythic and Pink Fresh were all multicolored mixtures (pink, blue, purple, turquoise, yellow, white...etc) that seem to give a weird luminizing "glow" if I can call it that by giving you LOTS OF SPARKLES on your face (they're not shimmer, but BIG sparkles!). The Beige Chic also has a lot of sparkles, but because of its more natural tones, look better on the face.
The product itself is quite frivolous and useless. It's NOT a face powder, but more of a highlighter. It does not absorb oil, set makeup, or have any other benefits. All you get are major sparkles which I despise. Also, the balls are not powdery soft either but rather very very hard and it takes some effort to actually get any product out onto the brush. Speaking of the brush, the hairs are a bit pricky, but I love how it's pink (earns one lippie). Finally, the packaging is cheap in a lil cardboard cyclinder that does not contain some of the loose powder, so each time you open/close the lid, you'll get a MESS!
I will not repurchase.