December 17, 2014 | 1770 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Clinique - Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by xhelloxkittyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this product is good if you don't have alot of makeup on. however i found it hard to get rid of my mascara. i dont really like the oil base. i just don't like the feeling of it. but it's a makeup remover, and it gets the job done.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by beckelm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was very disappointed with this product, but it may be a personal preference. The oil-based formula really didn't suit me. i didn't see amazing removal results to offset the gloopy feel of it so for me it was a miss.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 9:14:00 AM More reviews by iiss616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Among those best maleup removers. works just as fine as lancome bi-facial.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2012 8:42:00 AM More reviews by beautyprincess303

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this eye makeup remover because not only does it work for eyes, but it works for lips, cheeks, lashes and everything else!! It's a great product and I've used it as my makeup remover for ages! I would rate it higher if it came in a bigger bottle and lasted longer, though :/

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by sassylass11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hated this eye make up remover as I didn't find it very effective (and i actually don't wear loads of products on my eyes.) I would have to use alot to get it to work. I prefer Boot's No 7 eye make up remover which was quicker and easier to remove make up and cheaper. Luckily I only had a small sample to use up.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really can't stand the greasy/slimy feel of this stuff. I got this as a GWP and have been using because I ran out of my beloved HG MUFE Senseyes. This stuff is awful - and it fogs up my contacts so I can't see after I've used it. And it's not good at taking off my stubborn 3 layers of mascara. I soak a cotton pad in it and let it sit on my eye for about 30 seconds. Even so, I really have to rub and tug to get everything off. Senseyes works in seconds and there's no tugging at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by amandaeclark

I love this stuff. Most effective makeup remover I have used. It is oil based, so you must shake before using. It gently removes all my longwearing liquid or gel eyeliner and those long wearing lip stains. I wear contacts and it does not bother my eyes at all. I use a cotton ball on my upper lid and will hold it there for a couple of seconds to loosen the makeup and gently wipe off (do not tug) and then dip a qtip in it to really get the eyeliner and mascara off my bottom lash line.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2012 3:17:00 AM More reviews by COAS87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this in a gift with purchase. It is oil based, which you can tell as the product separates in the bottle. It effectively removes makeup, but is oil based, so if you get some in your eye, like I did, it burns!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got the solvent type instead, and prefer it to this one! the packaging however, is good, is child proof cap as I remember and is clear enough to see how much is left. it is completely up to what you prefer to use, but I opinionly do not

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2012 1:24:00 AM More reviews by Jillydearest

Love love love this. Received a travel size for free with purchase of the Even Better Dark Spot Corrector, which I hated, but that's another review..
This stuff works great! Better than any other brand of liquid remover or wipes. I used to use baby oil because it was cheap and worked well, but after having tried this I couldn't ever use baby oil again (unless I completely run out of money). Feels like butter and removes all of my eye makeup in one fell swoop, even my hard-to-remove waterproof mascara. Definitely recommend!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by ashleyanders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

*Update: Edited my overall rating to a 3.5 due to the product's proneness to stinging in my eyes if too much is used (but the product works better with that amount used), and it seems like it's not as gentle/hydrating on my lids as Bi-Facil was. Packaging down to a 3 because the cap doesn't always child-lock back on properly - I wound up spilling some. I would no longer repurchase.

Product's Claims - True or False?
1) Tugless: True
2) Fast removal: True
3) Dissolves hard-to-remove/long-wearing makeup: True
4) Non-irritating: Mostly true
5) Non-stinging: Mostly true

Packaging:
TTDO comes in a transparent purple container, perfectly cylindrical in shape. It has a twist-off child-proof cap and a large opening to dispense product. I love that the opening is so large because it makes getting product out so much easier, but at the same time could be messier if you happen to accidentally drop it while in use. I'm unsure what the current packaging in Bi-Facil is, but I do recall having more issues with dispensing product with it than with TTDO, with the former dispensing more product due to having significantly less control. All the info is listed on the bottle and easy to read. It fits nicely in my hands and the cap feels very secure. My one gripe with the cap is that I can find it difficult to remove sometimes, but I had the same issue with Bi-Facil, and with Aspirin bottles.

Formula:
As with other bi-phase removers, TTDO has two separate layers that require shaking to combine: a silicone (i.e. oily) layer and the water/soap layer. When combined they form a milky and oily liquid. Compared to Bi-Facil the formula separates sooner initially but once it has started its initial separating it can take a day or so to completely separate. The product is truly fragrance-free, which I do love quite a bit. I don't find fragranced items to be particularly irritating around my eyes but it's definitely a safer option in eye products.

Performance:
TTDO is almost identical to Bi-Facil. The only differences in performance I found was that TTDO seems to have an oilier consistency which makes removal a lot easier and I need quite a bit less to remove all the makeup. Its removal capabilities are great and possibly better than Bi-Facil. Although it feels oilier it also feels like a dry oil as opposed to slimy. If pressed/blotted into the skin is causes the makeup to flake off and adhere to the cotton, and if wiped/rub it smears the makeup around a bit. In both cases it rinses off completely (update: while it feels like it rinses off there's a chance that something gets left behind and that was causing issues for my skin). I've tried using it with cotton rounds and with q-tips and I find that both work really well, but the latter is a bit nicer as it doesn't require me to wipe at my eye and I feel like I might use less product overall. If using a q-tip I dip it in and then turn the q-tip around over my eye and gently sweep on the undereye, pressing it into the lashes a bit, then rub it all with my finger until mascara is broken down and rinse off. Whichever method I use I discovered that the key to using it successfully is to use minimal wiping and minimal rinsing - even though it feels heavy and oily on my skin if I only splash the eye 2-3 times and then pat dry I feel no residue and all makeup is rinsed off, without getting any dryness or tightness like I was getting sometimes (if used more than once in a day though it will start making the area tight). It removes all of my makeup, but sometimes I still have a few glitters if my makeup was very glittery, which doesn't bother me. Sometimes it can sting my eyes and definitely causes blurring. If over-rinsed my eyes will look kind of oily in the AM but not so when I use it as I've mentioned.

Bang for Your Buck:
TTDO was $22CAD for 4.2oz, which is almost $15 cheaper than Bi-Facil for the same amount of product, and I get the same results from both. Bi-Facil usually lasted me ~6 months of almost-daily use and usually minimal to no use during holidays/summer, so I expect the same or better from TDDO.

Final Thoughts:
I initially quite enjoyed this remover, but it wasn't without some drawbacks. Now that I've gone to another means of removing my makeup I can see that this was either drying me out as-is or was leaving a residue that was subsequently drying my skin out. Overall I would not repurchase, but if you are a fan of Bi-Facil I'd recommend giving this a shot because they are very similar (it seems that Clinique just utilizes some ingredients that do not agree with my skin overall).
* Overall Rating: 3.5/5