October 25, 2014 | 1812 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Lustreglass - Spring Bean

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2007 7:26:00 PM More reviews by sugarmartini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't wear this gloss alone. I wear it over lipstick, usually MAC plastique. Alone it's almost yellow on me, as time goes by it evens out but I think it works out well when I put it over something else, to make it look like honey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2007 3:13:00 PM More reviews by snochic469

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this gloss based on all the glowing reviews, and it's nice. It's actually difficult to find, as the MAC store and Nordstrom were both out of this shade. Anyway, I do like the way this gloss looks on my lips, it comes out a golden or honey color. I did take off a lippie because I swear my lips look green in certain lighting. Maybe it's just my paranoia though, who knows! =) It does make my lips very shiny, and it feels nice on.
Edited to add: Changed my mind! Love this stuff and wear it all the time! I think the key to getting rid of the green tinge is to wear it over lipstick. I was wearing it just over my lips before and it was hit-or-miss.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2007 8:44:00 AM More reviews by HorrorChick86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I agree with beachbelle, you need some kind of a base with this one, and when you do -- it gives the most amazing shine and depth to your lips!! i used it over Florabundance lipglass, and the result was a nice shiny nude lip. Boyfriend loved it too, so that's a plus :) i will probably buy another as a backup, but lord knows it will take me forever to get through the big size!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2007 3:26:00 PM More reviews by beachbelle

The trick to wearing Spring Bean, IMO, is to find the perfect shade of pink/nude lipstick to wear under it, to neutralize the green. The end result will look like honey!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2007 5:50:00 PM More reviews by LovelyAmazing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a love-hate relationship with Spring Bean. I love that it's an odd color for a lipgloss (a sucker for novelty I am), but I'm not crazy about the subtle green hue it gives my lips depending on the lighting. On the other hand, it does look great on my lips and enhance them in other lightings. And it's hot over Hothouse lipglass. See, it's such a riddle to me. Not sure if I'd buy again because I don't see me using this up in the next three years. By then, something else with be out for me to buy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2007 5:15:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can't say that I love this. Spring Bean look neon green in the tube but goes on as a sheer nude with a shimmer on my lips. It's just not really that pigmented at all (at least on me). I wanted to love it, and I bought it based on the positive reviews, but it is just too sheer and plain for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2007 3:13:00 PM More reviews by infernoagogo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love this color. It looks crazy and bright in the tube but it goes on like a sheer gold that really brings out the pigmentation in your lips. The lustreglass formula feels great on - it's not too sticky, feels hydrating and looks nicely juiced up. Classic MAC vanilla smell. I absolutely love this stuff and will purchase again when I run out. The only thing I don't like is the little brush - I prefer the classic wand.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2007 8:55:00 PM More reviews by paquito

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Believe it or not, chatreuse is actually one of my favorite colors so when I spotted this in the MAC store I was immediately drawn to it. I asked the MA what it went on like and she said "hmm, not green, sort of yellow." What the heck, I thought I'd give it a try, so I tried some on and loved it! I am very pale & I have naturally pigmented lips, the MA and a couple of other customers commented "wow, that looks great on you!" almost as though they were surprised (it IS a very offputting color for a lip gloss). I personally love the smell, it smells like cotton candy to me, but maybe I'm just crazy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2007 1:34:00 PM More reviews by nuttycoconut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

every time i saw this at the mac counter or other green glosses at sephora i always though "who would wear a green gloss it can't look good on anybody!" then i read the reviews on here, honey colored lips sound great to me! i love this stuff! it's a beautiful nude color it really does make my lips look the color or honey. I don't usually like nude colored lips because to me they look too opaque and fake but this is lovely! it is perfectly shiny and sparkly without being over the top i will definitely be buying more of this soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2007 4:51:00 PM More reviews by makeupkaty

After hearing so many bad reviews about this, I decided to try it for myself. I have to say I absolutely loved this gloss. I'm paler skinned, and when I put it on, it looked like I had just applied a caramel/nude gloss. I loved the smell, it is heavenly!