LUSH Ultra Bland

3.9

Almond Oil , Rose Water (Rosa centifolia), Beeswax (Cera alba), Honey, Fresh Iris Extract (Iris florentina), Glycerine, Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Tincture of Benzoin (Styrax benzoin), Sodium Borate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 6/7/2013 6:38:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff totally sorted my skin out! I've always had acne prone skin and was pretty much resigned to waking up to breakouts every morning throughout my 20s. Last year I started using this and I can't believe what a difference it's made. My skin is soft and smooth with breakouts hugely reduced (not gone completely - it's not actually magic!). I get less oil throughout the day and less of the various other nasties (clogged pores, random flaky bits) that I used to think were normal.

I rub this stuff into dry skin, then use a hot damp face flannel (just a normal cheap one from Boots or Ikea) to take it off. I do it this way rather than using cotton wool so that the hot water melts away the oils, taking all the dirt, make up and grease with it. (When I was abroad with unreliable hot water last year, I found it much harder to get the cleanser off and it didn't work as well.) I follow it with toner and face oil/moisturiser (at night/day), but actually my skin almost feels soft enough to skip moisturiser after I use this.

I'm on about my fourth pot now and will keep using until Lush stop making it!

on 6/5/2013 11:38:00 AM

I'm sorry but I really hate this, it is so thick and heavy, and just smears makeup instead of removing it. I never felt my face skin CLEAN after using this product. Broke me out really badly.

on 5/21/2013 10:01:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This was too waxy for me I felt like once is was on I couldn't 'scrub' it off completely, it leaves a weird feeling residue even when using with lush tea tree toner...

on 5/21/2013 1:56:00 AM

My skin savior! I started out using Herbalism/Tea Tree Toner/Vanishing cream. That worked well for a while but then I got an allergic reaction to a new detergent and my face broke out terribly. I then went on the Ultrabland challenge for 1 month. I was skeptical at first because I was unsure about using an oil based cleanser, however, it is all how you use it. I find it is best to get a small amount and massage into the skin then spray Eau Roma Water (the combination of soothing roses in both products are fab for sensitive skin) then wipe off with a clean cotton pad. Skin is left feeling super soft thanks to the honey and beeswax in Ultrabland. It's a great no water cleanser for people with sensitive or problem skin. Love it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Let me start off by saying I have oily skin, sightly combination on my cheeks.
This cleanser is basically like a balm cleanser, it is like a wax texture, white, very thick and moisturising and sightly oily. It emulsifies from a thick balm into a more thick oil on the face, and removes makeup quite well. It's gentle, and very moisturising, but I have trouble actually removing this product properly. I use a muslin cloth dampened with warm water to remove it, then toner (tea tree oil by Lush again) but I always still feel like there are traces of wax on my skin because it is very hard to remove, and I sort of feel like I am pulling my skin slightly to remove it propery, and I always feel like because I haven't actually WASHED my face afterwards, but rather wiped the product of that my pores are then kind of clogged and the makeup isn't all removed. (Probably just a personal opinion in regards to balm/hot cloth cleansers...) It does leave skin feeling really beautiful and soft though, but I feel that this product does break me out a bit.

Pro's - Great makeup remover, a little goes a long way, beautiful natural ingredients, cheap, leaves skin feeling soft, gentle formula.

Con's - Broke me out, doesn't clean face properly, pore clogging, smells not too great, takes a lot longer to cleanse face than what it does with a "normal" gel or foam (etc) cleanser, packaging is unhygienic (just being picky here, but obviously face products that you dip your fingers into are going to be less hygienic than squeeze tubes).

Overall, 8/15.

So, letís start with me: I'm 20 and have combination skin. I have an extremely oily face (especially my T zone) and, occasionally, my cheeks get dry. I always have about 1-2 deep pimples and suffer from hyper pigmentation. Aside from the excessive oil, dark marks and occasional break-outsÖ my skin is OK.

UltraBland is basically heaven in a bottle. I purchased this product last week at the recommendation of my local Lush associate and, let me tell you, this stuff is great!
The first night I used this, it felt a little weird. Not too oily, but somewhat waxy. I applied Vanishing Cream (not my favorite), and went to bed. The next morning I woke up with oil free, more even toned skinÖ. Which is NOT normal for me. I was very surprised and excited. Since then, my skin condition has improved tremendously. Less oil and more even toned. Iíve noticed slightly less frequency in my acne and my pimples seem to go away faster!

The way I use this product: 1) massage Ultrabland into face (a little goes a long way); 2) spritz face with toner (I make my own with tea tree oil, rose water and orange blossom water) 3) wipe off with a DRY muslin cloth or cotton round; 4) apply moisturizer and your all done. Thatís my night routine. I usually donít apply moisturizer during the day as it makes my face look oily. Sometimes, if Iím running late in the morning, Iíll only do steps 2 & 3. I will be repurchasing!

on 5/1/2013 12:43:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is the HG for mew as an eye make up remover. I have tried almost every other brand (also olive oil; almond oil etc) but they left me with burning and tearin eyes or the make up itself. But this baby cleanse my eyes gently. It is almost like a vaseline you rub your eyes with this and then remove all you make up with soaked cotton. That's it.
I know it is a little bit pricey but it worths and it lasts longer than you thought it would.
I have never tried this as an make up remover for my face due to my combination-acne prone skin but i highly recommend this as an eye make up remover.

on 4/29/2013 3:05:00 AM

This is HG for me - my skin is dry for the most part, but I do get the little oilies around the nose and chin. I massage a small amount of this cleanser all over my face, including the eye area, and then remove with a cloth soaked in warm water. It's amazing - all the makeup - even eye makeup, grime, everything is just gone and my skin is left feeling moisturized and clean.

You don't need much, but you do need to spend a few moments really working this in so it emulsifies a bit - I love it, I give myself a little facial massage. Highly recommended.

My skin is combination and for that reason I use this as an eye make up remover only. (Sometimes if I have foundation on, I put very little on my face- almost like nothing -before I cleanse my face with cleansing gel.) Then I use a dry cotton pad to take the make up off from my eyes and rinse it with lukewarm water. It takes everything off from my daily eye make up. My eye area in particular is extremely sensitive. I have allergies like crazy so I'm very careful about the things I put on my eyes and I've been using this for months now, I can confidently say that this one is safe, like all the other Lush products that I've tried before. It does the job, it's not expensive, it goes quite a long way, (the bigger jar especially) has quite a decent smell, its texture is creamy and nice. All the things I can ask for from an eye make up remover.

on 4/12/2013 2:54:00 PM

I really like this cleanser.

It's an excellent makeup remover - I can actually feel my makeup melting away as I rub Ultrabland in. I can see why people would dislike the feeling of applying this, as it does feel really oily, but personally I quite enjoy that! The oily texture means that it just glides onto your skin, no need to rub hard and feel like you're pulling your skin. I can also use it around my eyes, as it's so gentle as the aforementioned texture means that I don't feel like I'm dragging the skin around my eye. I can even massage it into my eyelashes and it doesn't make my eyes sting.

My skin feels so soft after I've used it, and the next morning. To be honest I don't feel that it's helped with my recent breakouts, but likewise, it hasn't made them any worse. And I may be imagining it, but when I do have a breakout, the spots seem to vanish more quickly than before I was using Ultrabland!

I was using wet cotton wool pads to remove this (soaked in very warm water before wiping), but changed to using a face cloth (again, soaked in very warm water), as I felt it was too expensive to keep using the cotton wool. I drape the warm/hot cloth over my face for a few seconds, to help the cleanser to 'melt' slightly, then wipe my face gently to remove. Personally I've not struggled at all to remove the cleanser.

Also, despite my combination skin, this hasn't made my face super oily - in fact, it has helped to even out my complexion (eased oily patches and moisturised dry areas).

Definitely recommend!