August 31, 2014 | 1647 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Ultrabland

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by leigh0814

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

PLEASE READ!

This is an absolute MIRACLE product!!!!

Before you write this product off because of the negative reviews on here, please read this. Ultrabland is literally a godsent. This little pot of beeswax and honey is a practically a cure-all for any skin condition. Pretty much the ONLY way not to like this is if you're not removing it correctly, which about 75% of people are guilty of.

I work at Lush shop and I never paid much attention to this product. I use 9 to 5, good enough for me! Then last week I had a horrible, horrible reaction to a medicine I took for rosacea. My skin broke out in a rash so severe people stared at me. I was covered in red bumps, my skin was raw and flakey, and I was ashamed. I tried everything, more Lush cleansers, cetaphil, aveeno, steroid creams, and it only made it worse. Then my manager came up to me in the shop and said she would fix it with ultrabland. She massaged a nickel sized amount in my sore, bumpy skin for about 4 minutes until it was even and not sticky. Then she removed it with toner-water soaked cotton rounds for about 2 minutes, and finally she placed a warm washcloth over my face for a minute. The SECOND she was done, my skin was about 75% clear. The rosacea bumps, the rash, the flakiness was GONE. Not covered up, I had no makeup on! It was literally clear skin. I was worried it would "wear off" and I would wake up and be bumpy again but my skin only looks brighter today. And thats after one use people. Give this product a shot, it literally saved my skin.

It works so well because of the honey. Honey is antibacterial and anti inflammatory, so while its going deeep into your pores, its clearing out all the bacterial, makeup, grime, and gunk and also reducing redness and irriation. It's also good for oily skin because oil attracts oil, so yes even though it is oily, it's pulling alllll the gross oils out of your skin.

Remove it correctly and there is literally no way NOT to like this product.

If you have doubts, ask the associates at your Lush shop to do it for you in store! we will =)

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2012 1:42:00 AM More reviews by TarinM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this because the ingredients sounded so nice, but it just seemed to have the consistency of beeswax, like it was quite difficult to spread over my face and then there was a fair bit of dragging to try and get it off, I had to use a face cloth as well, I don't think you could get it all off with water but I think it wasn't designed for that. My skin looked okay afterwards and it didn't seem to add to any breakouts, but I imagine if you didn't get it all off properly, which was quite an effort, you could get clogged pores from it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2012 7:47:00 AM More reviews by welldarling

I've been using this product for almost a year. I feel that it works very thoroughly and gently and doesn't make my face feel dry afterwards. I use it to remove my makeup (I don't wear a lot of makeup, foundation and powder, no eye makeup except the occasional mascara, so I can't attest to how well it removes heavier/longlasting makeup) and also to cleanse my skin. I massage it into my skin and wipe off with cottonwool pads damp with warm water (this might be psychological, but I find it doesn't work so well with cold water - warm is soothing but also removes the product better.. I think). I follow with rosewater and teatree oil to tone my skin and a moisturiser. It does feel a bit *weird* at first, and unlike any other cleanser I've used. But I do have acne-prone skin (that's also prone to dehydration and dryness) and since I have switched to this gentle (but thorough) cleansing routine, my spots have all but gone.
(FYI after reading other reviews, I'm in the non-peanut oil ultrabland camp. I don't know if that's an American addition? But certainly my UK-purchased pot is peanut-free)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 12:32:00 AM More reviews by lydiaxaidyl

Smells pleasant and glides easily over the skin. I massage it in for about two minutes before I wipe it off with a tissue and then follow up with another cleanser. Removes every speck of water-resistant sunscreen and bb cream, however, it still breaks me out in tiny bumps. Maybe I'll come back to this when my skin is drier. Also plumps the skin around my eyes very well, which is bad for me since it makes me look like I have eye bags. Really wanted it to work for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2012 6:40:00 AM More reviews by amelzing

I started using Ultrabland about three weeks ago after seeing it in Lush but never having heard of it before. The sticker on the pot says that people with 'really problem skin' should use nothing but Ultrabland for a month. Having oily, spot-prone skin, I decided to give it a go. I apply Ultrabland both morning and night to dry skin and remove it with a warm flannel.
It removes my foundation well but I use a separate eye-makeup remover. I have noticed a massive difference to how oily my skin gets during the day, I rarely have to blot now whereas it used to be a couple of times a day. The pores on and next to my nose have become much less noticeable, and it has done a good job clearing up the spots on my chin. I still get the odd spot but I keep on just using Ultrabland and it tends to clear up within about 2 days which is much quicker than before.
One downside to this product is that I have had a couple of dry patches on my face since starting to use it so I have had to use a tiny bit of moisturiser, but other than that I have used nothing but Ultrabland. Initially I thought the product seemed expensive but after using i twice a day for almost a month, I have barely made a dent so I think it will last for quite a while.
Overall I would definitely recommend Ultrabland.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by yummytofu

This causes my skin to become extremely dry and gave me a rash , it also takes awhile for the makeup to be removed thoroughly.. won't be buying again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2012 12:05:00 PM More reviews by TheMoonBunny

I have sensitive, acne-prone combination skin. I tried using Ultrabland about a week ago because I wanted a cleanser that would do double duty by removing makeup. I normally use Lush's Angels on Bare Skin and love it.

Ultrabland did not work well for me! It brought back my acne. Now I'm trying to fix things by going back to my former routine. >___< These are my results/findings after just 3-4 days of Ultrabland:

PROS
--- easily removed foundation
--- seemed to help get rid of some small bumps on my forehead
--- creates that "squeaky clean" feeling, if you like that (I don't)

CONS
--- made me break out in regular & cystic acne along my cheeks & jaw
--- made me break out in tiny whiteheads (4-6)
--- I kept waking up with an oily T-zone (not normal for me)
--- have to use a washcloth each time to rub it off, which felt abrasive and creates more laundry
--- sucks at removing eye makeup

Overall, maybe this would be better for folks with really dry skin... I'm not sure! I do know a couple girls who are in their 20s and use this with no problem..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was really reticent to use this just because some of LUSH's products (esp. their moisturizers) have broken me out. Ultrabland does not break me out!! Which is awesome in itself. I use it at night to wipe off my makeup. I wipe it off with a damp wash cloth. It doesn't take off all of my foundation, but it takes off most of it. I do remove my eye makeup beforehand because I wear a smokey eye every day and it gets messy. I have to go back over with BOFA toner and a cotton ball to make sure all the residue is off. I'm satisfied with this cleanser because it doesn't break me out, it takes off most of my makeup, and it isn't drying!! I highly recommend this cleanser for people who wear makeup daily with sensitive dry skin like myself.
UPDATE: Just repurchased. Really worth the money IMO it took me a little while to get used to this way of taking my makeup off but it's gentle and effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by LittleDizzle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my HG moisturizer. It is meant to be a makeup remover/cleanser, but after I damaged my skin by adopting an overzealous regimen, i needed something super gentle and protective for my skin. Being an oily girl, I didn't have much that matched that description in my cabinet, except my once in a while makeup remover - Ultrabland. As a makeup remover, it's good. It does exactly what it says. Since I don't use it for that anymore, I'll only comment on how I use it.

I have oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin. Up until this point, CeraVe was my favorite moisturizer, since it was the only thing that kept my skin from flaking (Tazorac fan!). However, by late afternoon my face would feel tight again, and I suspected it might have been contributing to an occasional pimple (perhaps!). So as I mentioned, my skin was in bad shape. I slathered this on at night, feeling rather greasy, and went to bed. When I woke up, my skin was so much calmer and it had healed a considerable amount. Noticing this, I used it again as a daytime moisturizer (although I applied much less), and then applied my makeup. It was the first time in ages that my face didn't feel tight halfway through the day. Each day and night I used it, I saw my skin improve by leaps and bounds. Now, I would never give this up.

I will wrap up this review by saying I've been using it for two months now, AM and PM, after cleansing with CeraVe foaming cleanser and after applying Metronidazole cream (AM) and Tazorac (PM), both very drying products. I apply a teeny bit of Ultrabland around my mouth and eyes after applying my actives, and wait for it to sink in - about 10 min. I then spread it from my mouth and eyes to the rest of my face, since the heat from my skin makes it a lovely spreadable texture. My skin is the best it's ever been, and makeup goes on like a dream (although my skin is so well-behaved now, I've been going without makeup quite a bit lately!). HG for sure.
ETA: I've noticed some people saying Ultrabland contains peanut oil. I live in the States and get my Lush products shipped from Canada, and mine contains almond oil, not peanut oil. I have no idea how my skin would react to peanut oil, but it seems to be doing well with the almond oil formulation, so I pray they don't change the formula!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Lulu2387

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

This product is great at removing heavy makeup even waterproof makeup. But I do not like the thick greasy feeling it leaves on my face, I digests have to use my facial cleanser afterwards and a deep cleansing one. I have oily skin so I've noticed that if I didn't use a cleanser after washing my face with ultraband the next morning my skin would be super oily & I did break out on the cheeks most likely from the oils clogging my pores & not getting a thorough cleansing... Great for removing all kind of makeup but in my case not for oily skin & definitely does not give me the kind of cleansing that I like.