July 30, 2014 | 2004 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clean & Clear - Advantage Acne Spot Treatment

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have oily skin with moderate acne and acne scars on my cheeks and acne marks on my forehead. Just a side note: My skin is NOT sensitive--it seems to be the exact opposite, actually. My skin can handle a lot (harsh sunlight being one of them).
I'm disappointed to say that this product did nothing for me. My skincare routine was fairly simple:
In the morning: Cleanse face, apply Advantage Treatment.
Before bedtime: Cleanse face, apply Advantage Treatment.
I did this routine for 2 whole weeks before deciding that this treatment is useless and does nothing for my skin.
The first two uses, however, I noticed that this treatment got rid of the tiny pimples, but after that, it did absolutely nothing.
The only reason why I'm not rating this a 1 is because it didn't irritate or dry out my skin or anything. My skin is pretty much the same as it was before, so that makes me come to the conclusion that salycilic acid is ineffective for my skin. (I've tried a few salycilic acid treatments and cleansers before; none of them worked. I HAVE, however, tried 2% and 5% benzoyl peroxide treatments before and they seemed to work decently.)
Next time I go to the drugstore I'm going to pick up a tube of the Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10, which has 10% benzoyl peroxide. It has a lot of good reviews, it seems, so I'm definitely eager to try it out.
Would I repurchase the Advantage Spot Treatment? No.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaMarieT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This doesn't do much. Blemishes don't disappear quickly, this isn't a zit zapper, and it certainly doesn't prevent blemishes from growing larger. The most it does is calm down the inflaming feeling you can get from irritating pimples. It could make them go away faster than normal, but not noticeably so. It's not worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2012 3:34:00 AM More reviews by hckelcou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I only use this for the one blemish I get during "that time of the month," because I don't have a problem with acne at any other time. I know they have the guarantee of "100% of people saw clearer skin in one day!" and I can say that it was true for me. I usually put it on before bed the day I notice a blemish and by the next morning it's already dramatically reduced in size and redness. I have oily skin, so I don't really feel it gives me any dry spots. When I do get a blemish, I find that it only takes 2-4 days to completely clear up when I use this product. I've used the Neutrogena one before too and had similar results. I switched to this one because my Neutrogena one was expired and this one was on sale at the time. I don't think I'll run out of it any time soon... It will probably expire before I use it all up. :P I really like the control the packaging gives me. I can squeeze out the tiniest amount that ends up being more than plenty! Great product and recommend if you don't have SERIOUS acne issues.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by NaomiHa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The price is somewhat pricey if you look at how much product you actually get. It cost around $8dollars depending on where you go. I usually get it at CVS during the buy one get one 50% + manufracturer coupon so my total would be around 12 dollars.<--- this ends up being cheaper than going to walmart.

I have been using this over almost 7 years. So I know this product very well. considering the price for the amount of product that you get it actually last forever since you only need the tiniest amount for your breakout areas.

The product says it shows improvement around 8 hours. Which was true when I first used it after a while my skin got use to the product so now it takes about 5-8 days for infected area to diminize. At one point the product stopped working for me (bummer) so I stopped using it for about a year then I tried this product again and it worked again!

The product is very drying so I suggest using it on a clean face right before you go to bed if you dont want dry patches all over your face.

If you want to use it during the day time I sugguest applying the tiniest amount on the affected area, wait for it to dry completely and apply your moisturizer wait for that to dry then apply your powder to set.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by thubbard

I was surprised to see all the negative reviews since this product has worked so well me, and I got my mom and boyfriend using it now too and they like it as well. However, this just goes to show how different everyone's skin is. I would say that it is definitely worth a try, because you can always return it, even though i know how frustrating it can be to get a product then have it make your skin even worse (i just had one of those experiences the other day). For me, it diminishes the size and redness of a pimple usually overnight and then completely gets rid of it in a few days, depending on how big the blemish started out. I use this spot treatment with the dual action moisturizer (or the advantage moisturizer, they seem the same to me, just different packaging) so that might something to do with how well it has worked for me. Also, i read a lot of comments about the scent. When i buy spot treatments i kind of expect them to have that medicinal scent that most acne products have... i mean, it's going on your pimples, i don't see why it should smell like roses.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

This is a miracle product.

I first got this as part of the Clean & Clear Acne Advantage kit, which contained a cleanser and moisturizer as well. The kit itself was okay, not that great, except for this product, which is the only one I have repurchased.

It is meant as a spot treatment, not an all over face treatment. When applied to a new pimple it shrinks it down and dries it up within 24 hours, in most cases, overnight. This even works on cystic acne.

It is very strong though, so you want to be sure to put this ONLY on the active acne spots and avoid the eye area. If I ever get a pimple at the top of my nose or upper cheek near my eye and apply this, my eye will burn a bit. It's nothing serious though, and just something to be mindful of. Oh, and pleasant scent too.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by bink180

i was comparing this with Burt's Bees Acne Solutions targeted spot treatment with each product on one side of my face. After only a few days Burt's Bees won.

I will say the Clean and Clear treatment had a light floral smell to it but I don't think my skin responded well to that. :/ It didn't dry out my skin, I serously was convinced that I was going to keep it after reading several reviews on it and on Day 2 both products were neck and neck. And on Day 3 I have spotted a couple new belmishes with the CLean and Clear and I just wanted to wait a couple days just to see what happened On Day 5 i was getting ready for an outing and I was about to apply it but I noticed, it got WORSE! So, I stopped my expirement and returned it back to Walgreens.

Idk if it works better i you use the system along wth the spot treatment but honestly it didnt work for me. I guess my skin responds better to Burt's Bees.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2011 4:17:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

It smells really nice. I could have stopped at that. That's the only thing that I like about this product. It does absolutely nothing for me and my skin problems. It doesn't cost much - another good point. I just wish it was actually doing something. I guess I'll just bin it.
PS I have been using it for 3 months.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2011 10:12:00 AM More reviews by KeyWestBum

I used this treatment everyday for a month with no results. Advantage Acne Spot Tx is a salicylic acid tx that is a clear gel.
PROS: It sinks into the skin and disappears in seconds. You can put makeup over it and you can't even tell that you are wearing a acne tx. You can also put this on right before bed and it won't bleach or stain your pillow. It also has a pretty scent almost floral and it is tolerable even for my sensitive nose. The last pro is that it is affordable and easily found at most US drugstores.
CONS: With continued use, this gel will dry the areas that you apply this too. It will evenutally cause the skin to peel and flake off in those areas. I have a cluster of old small acne marks on my lower right cheek. I apply this gel to this area everyday for a month and still no signs of improving. As for new acne spots, if you apply this gel as soon as you notice a new zit, it really doesnt seem to speed up the healing process. With continued use on new acne spots, the healing time was about a week or two.
CONCLUSION: I can't recommend this product because I feel that it is a waste of money. I know for me, I had better luck with Clean & Clear Persagel 10 which is a benzoyl peroxide based tx.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by alexandral94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

So just as many other reviewers wrote, this sometimes work on my skin, and some days it just does no difference at all.
But this WILL reduce the blackheads on your nose. Since this product contains 2% of salicylic acid (which is the only ingredient in skincare which actually can go in to your pore and cleanse it properly from inside) your pores will look smaller in a few days or weeks. I suggest using an exfoliant with lactic acid so the product can work a little bit better.

packaging is ok, hygienic etc... but a little "clumsy".