November 27, 2014 | 1424 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clean & Clear - Advantage Acne Spot Treatment

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by wynterandkaylinsmommy123

The first time i ever used this i could have sworn that it worked but after a few months i seemed like all i was doing was rubbing gel on my pimples for no reason. Like the pimple used to get small and be gone the next day but now it seems like the zit is getting bigger and a lot of times they turn into cystic acne. I forget how much it was but i kno it was expensive and i wasted my money on it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by RiskQn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm on my second tube of this. It's a great value as it lasts me a looong time (9 months on average.) It works ok as a spot treatment, but isn't a miracle worker as a spot treatment (I prefer using a freeman clay mask or some BP as a spot treatment on bad zits.) It just gives acne medication to the localized area. Honestly, I use it all over my face as part of my skin care routine at night. I use a cleansing cloth, then witch hazel, then my olay age defying replenishing night cream, THEN I put less than a pea size of this all over my face. I alternate this every other day with using Neutrogena's acne stress control toner instead of witch hazel on the other day and skipping the clean and clear. This routine works for me. I haven't had a zit in quite a while (including when it was that time of the month! yea, that's right, no TOM acne) I've had almost zits, but they dissappear quickly, and I most certainly have had NO cystic acne. I'm to the point of loving my skin again. The combination of my morning and night skin care routine is giving me the closest I'm gonna get to the clear teenage/college skin I used to have. I'm actually happy with my skin! It's not the greatest spot treatment, but it works for me as a face treatment! (I stumbled upon this idea after using a facial moisturizing treatment with retinol and SA, but the tube was so small and so expensive, so I made my own using a retinol night cream and this SA treatment!)
NOTE: SA can dry out a lot of people's skin, but for some reason my skin is weird and adores it! The average person would probably feel like the SA all over their face on top of their night cream would sting and dry their face out.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by nessy091785

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this doesn't help my pimples at all ..my face got worse! my pimple got bigger the next day :(

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by jaimeramone28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

EDIT: Stopped working. I went to the dermatologist and got a much better medication.
After doing Retin-A, I never really break out often, but when I do, it's bad because I'm a horrible, horrible picker. Spot treatments have NEVER worked for me! I have tried Neutrogena, Yes to Tomatoes, and even Clean and Clear Popped Pimple Relief, and none of them really did anything. I had this one blemish that I had (stupidly) popped, and it kept getting worse and worse. I had it for weeks! It was probably the worst one I had ever gotten. Every time it would get better, it would just get even worse again. Anyway, I heard good things about this, so I decided to buy this and the mark treatment because they were on sale. I really like this a lot! It is the only spot treatment that has ever done anything for me. It does sting, but I like that because it means it's actually working. It didn't get rid of it in 8 hours like it said, but with continued application, it does help with redness, swelling, and pain. Also, I have sensitive skin, but it doesn't make me dry or flaky! I have only been using this for a few days, but my horrible pimple is already scabbed off and is just a scar, so now I just have to use the mark treatment. Oh! And the scar is not NEARLY as red as I expected it would be. This stuff heals! The reason I'm taking off a lippie is because it won't get rid of anything big within a few hours.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by tamedDOLL

Works fairly well on most spots. Some spots, it doesn't help at all in my experience. But when it does work, most pimples do shrink very fast, and definitely speeds up the healing process. I can see it might sting on sensitive skin, but I don't have a problem with it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 7:37:00 PM More reviews by nearyroth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Don't like this. Smells bad, stings really bad once you put it on a pimple and it honestly doesn't do. Whenever I get a pimple, I put this on and it doesn't do anything except sting.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2012 8:46:00 AM More reviews by chynnadoll21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Nice nozzle, smells pleasant, but didn't work on whiteheads, pustules, papules. Basically didn't see any effect over a week. However it doesn't irritate my skin or cause more breakouts.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2012 12:28:00 AM More reviews by povertyd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hi there. So I've been getting a big painful pimple on my cheeks about once a week now.. (never had a problem before 9 months ago) just bought this stuff the other day cuz of the good reviews here and I needed a good spot treatment cuz lately the pimples have been staying for waaay too long and leaving big scars.. And I didn't wanna pay tons of dough for a real expensive one.. I'm pretty happy with this spot treatment. It says it takes down the swelling and redness in 4 hours.. I think it takes all day :p I kept reapplying it all day, and now the 2 spots im really worried about is half as red as earlier today and shrunk a little bit! You know what else I found? If you put the stuff on the pimple and leave it on for iunno prolly a few hours, and the white stuff shows, it pops with next to no effort, or if you don't pop ur pimples, you can scratch it off lightly, and reapply the stuff. It works pretty good! Use Rosehip seed oil on a healing pimple and acne scars. I used the oil many times a day since yesterday and 2 scars were no longer rough, they were more flat and smooth and slightly smaller.. Only 2 days of use! Use the Rosehip seed oil.. And this spot treatment is pretty sweet too! Thanks for reading

Update

It didn't work as well as before so I threw it out and it was burning my skin but it was my fault since I left it on too long. So I've been using 20% salicylic acid gel peel since then and it's worked wonders. I use it once a week to control breakouts.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have oily skin with moderate acne and acne scars on my cheeks and acne marks on my forehead. Just a side note: My skin is NOT sensitive--it seems to be the exact opposite, actually. My skin can handle a lot (harsh sunlight being one of them).
I'm disappointed to say that this product did nothing for me. My skincare routine was fairly simple:
In the morning: Cleanse face, apply Advantage Treatment.
Before bedtime: Cleanse face, apply Advantage Treatment.
I did this routine for 2 whole weeks before deciding that this treatment is useless and does nothing for my skin.
The first two uses, however, I noticed that this treatment got rid of the tiny pimples, but after that, it did absolutely nothing.
The only reason why I'm not rating this a 1 is because it didn't irritate or dry out my skin or anything. My skin is pretty much the same as it was before, so that makes me come to the conclusion that salycilic acid is ineffective for my skin. (I've tried a few salycilic acid treatments and cleansers before; none of them worked. I HAVE, however, tried 2% and 5% benzoyl peroxide treatments before and they seemed to work decently.)
Next time I go to the drugstore I'm going to pick up a tube of the Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10, which has 10% benzoyl peroxide. It has a lot of good reviews, it seems, so I'm definitely eager to try it out.
Would I repurchase the Advantage Spot Treatment? No.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaMarieT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This doesn't do much. Blemishes don't disappear quickly, this isn't a zit zapper, and it certainly doesn't prevent blemishes from growing larger. The most it does is calm down the inflaming feeling you can get from irritating pimples. It could make them go away faster than normal, but not noticeably so. It's not worth the money.