April 16, 2014 | 1834 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Lip Shimmers - Rhubarb

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2008 5:16:00 AM More reviews by idalore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

If you have very sensitive skin, like I do, it'd be best to actually try this out on your lips first before purchasing. The peppermint made my lips sting! I like the smell but the sensation on my lips was too strong, it made my lips a bit itchy too. As for the color, it's highly pigmented- like another reviewer said, putting it on straight from the tube can yield scary results, so I'll just try dabbing it on which will probably make it ok and more subtle. Rhubarb has a pink undertone that turned out to be too bright for me but which I hope will suit me better if I dab on just a small amount. I also have this in Fig which has more of a red undertone and earthy color to it, and which I like better (I'm asian with olive skin).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2008 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Jebjess

This product is an excellent combination of a high pigment lipstick and the burt's bee's chapstick.

The color is extremely pigmented, so if you enjoy bright lips, then it is perfect. As for me, I was expecting something more sheer, so I use it more as a lipstick rather than a "lip shimmer."

The tingly sensation that is in the burt's bee's chapstick is also apparent. I say it's quite delightful.

Repurchase? Nahh- I would go for a more neutral shade if I were to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2008 7:39:00 PM More reviews by ccoles22

This color is pretty and it's minty tingle is a bonus. I find it gives me a nice stained lip effect. It's like wearing a balm and a lipstick in one - so smooth and easy to apply - but with lots of pigment! Only one major problem: it doesn't last very long at all! Buy it, but expect to reapply it as often as you would any other regular lipbalm.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2008 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Verrine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great color. Rhubarb is darker than me, but sheer so that it enhances, while making me look finished. I like the wake-me-up effect of the mint. The small size makes it much more portable than most lipsticks, but I wish the tube looked classier.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2008 More reviews by tennis4life

This is a wonderful, sheer lip color. I got it at a local discount store by my house, so I only paid about $2 for it, but I know in the drug store it's around $4 or $5. It enhances my natural lip color as it is only a few shades darker, and gives me pink lip color that does not look clownish or unnatural. It does have the typical Burt's Bees mint tingle, but it is not extremely moisturizing on its own so I always put a good coat of lip balm on underneath it. I believe that this lip shimmer makes my teeth look whiter as well, which is another plus. I really think that this lip color brightens and wakes up my whole face and is suitable for both summer and winter. If you have similar coloring to me, I would definitely recommend this lip shimmer since it is now a staple in my makeup bag!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2008 11:20:00 PM More reviews by cucumber110

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product, I just hate this color! It's too bright on my lips, so I use it as a blush.

As a blush, this stuff isn't too great. It lasts about an hour. For that hour though, it's quite flattering :)

It feels like a balm, but adds a hint of color. I like wearing this too school, I don't look too 'made-up'.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2008 5:08:00 PM More reviews by sassepiano

This shouldn't really be considered a lip balm because it did not heal or protect my lips. The color is okay, it's nothing to write home about...

I definitely would not buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2008 11:24:00 PM More reviews by aneffigy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have the Lip Shimmers in a few different colors, but Rhubarb is my favorite. I love the tingle you get when you put the Shimmers on, and this color is my favorite because it really gives me some darker color, but it's not too dark - just sheer enough.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2008 2:24:00 PM More reviews by thecappysmom

I like the idea of natural ingredients and avoiding harmful chemicals, so I have periodically dabbled in Burt's Bees products. Occasionally, the results have been disappointing, as was the case with this lip shimmer. Bottom line, the consistency and color combined to give me the look of a little kid who just drank a big glass of Kool Aid. There were no testers where I bought this, so I chose the shade, Rhubarb, based on the color at the end of the tube. I can't say if another color might have been better, but I doubt it, except for the palest shades, because the formula seemed to bleed and give that ring-around-the-mouth effect. That Rhubarb reacted with my chemistry to create the awful Kool-Aid shade just served to make it worse. I don't throw many purchases away, but after languishing in the bottom of my makeup bag for a while this one was a goner. : (

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2008 12:50:00 PM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Liked the look of it, but alas where I live many shops seems to have a policy against testers, and unlike the US, one usually can't return cosmetic products after purchase. I now see why: it makes good economic sense.

This looked good in the tube, and lippies called "rhubarb" tend to be a decent usable colour for the pale redhead.

The reality once on lips was a little different. It was also far too minty, and my lips stung. It is also not recommended to kiss anyone while wearing this.

Sorry, not recommended. Back to the trusty old glosses: Clinique Butter Shines in Adore U and Berry Blush, and Aveda Lip Glaze in Raspberry Tea. continued >>